www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Shadow of the Tomb Raider

Old 16-07-19, 19:57   #2491
xspacedude
Archaeologist

I have the perfect excuse for only using duals in the next game.

On Roth’s death Anniversary, Lara gets something in the mail and it’s a gift from Roth with a letter saying he wanted her to have her own pistols. Lara screams ROTHHHH one last time. Done, next game’s plot is ready. You can take it CD SE EM, I won’t charge or sue for stealing my idea.
xspacedude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-19, 19:57   #2492
SpyrosMonster
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuna´s Wish View Post
Some people have slow internet connections.

Should they ever uninstall the game, they'd have to redownload everything again at who knows what speed. Shadows has a huge amount of Gb of patches and DLC, so they'd spend quite some time doing it.

And it'd be wonderful for those here who keep "threatening" to "uninstall this piece of crap that keeps occupying precious space that I could use for other games but I'm stupidly waiting for DLC8 to come SOON!". They could uninstall and reinstall the whole thing in a heartbeat
That's still not enough reason for a re-release in my eyes.
But apparently it happens all the time, so there must be a benefit for the companies, I guess.

Spyro Reignited Trilogy only came with the first game on the actual disk and the rest had to be downloaded.
I don't think they have any plans to re-release it just so the full game is on the disk.
SpyrosMonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-19, 19:59   #2493
zelenick
Hobbyist

I'm 100% certain that the 8th DLC will come along this Definitive Edition or whatever it'll end being called. Absolutely on the current consoles lel
zelenick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-19, 20:13   #2494
Raider8
Student

Quote:
Originally Posted by xspacedude View Post
I have the perfect excuse for only using duals in the next game.

On Roth’s death Anniversary, Lara gets something in the mail and it’s a gift from Roth with a letter saying he wanted her to have her own pistols. Lara screams ROTHHHH one last time. Done, next game’s plot is ready. You can take it CD SE EM, I won’t charge or sue for stealing my idea.
I want this to happen. After all Roth was Lara's guide, mentor and like a father figure to her. She should really get something special from him that she can carry on / utilize through her adventures.
Raider8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-19, 20:17   #2495
veigafd
Archaeologist

No,Lara will just receive meat and potatoes in her mail.
Old 16-07-19, 20:18   #2496
xspacedude
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelenick View Post
I'm 100% certain that the 8th DLC will come along this Definitive Edition or whatever it'll end being called. Absolutely on the current consoles lel
The Coming Soon Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by veigafd View Post
No,Lara will just receive meat and potatoes in her mail.
Nah she’s vegan by now
xspacedude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-19, 20:24   #2497
DOPE
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpyrosMonster View Post
Is that reason enough to re-release a game?
You're looking way too much in what's such a common thing; I guess it's a way to boost sales for a game or something if most companies do it (and in some occasions even multiple times for the very same title).
DOPE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-19, 20:32   #2498
Yuna´s Wish
Tomb Raider

Quote:
That's still not enough reason for a re-release in my eyes.
But apparently it happens all the time, so there must be a benefit for the companies, I guess.

Spyro Reignited Trilogy only came with the first game on the actual disk and the rest had to be downloaded.
I don't think they have any plans to re-release it just so the full game is on the disk.
Spyro's case was horrible.

The game's size is currently 36 Gb or so.

They COULD have put it all in a disc and save themselves from all the rage they caused pre-release. But they didn't :/

TR's case is still different. And they'll probably include some goodies (steel cover, stickers, soundtrack with extra tracks, mini artbook...) to make it more attractive.

Last edited by Yuna´s Wish; 16-07-19 at 20:35.
Yuna´s Wish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-19, 21:00   #2499
SpyrosMonster
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuna´s Wish View Post
Spyro's case was horrible.

The game's size is currently 36 Gb or so.

They COULD have put it all in a disc and save themselves from all the rage they caused pre-release. But they didn't :/

TR's case is still different. And they'll probably include some goodies (steel cover, stickers, soundtrack with extra tracks, mini artbook...) to make it more attractive.
Is this common practice? The game is obviously not chosen as GOTY and it wasn't exactly a top charting game either to justify a re-release.
It just seems a little weird that it's getting re-released physically with just the DLCs and patches on the disc.

I don't know how all this work but if they do sell new special editions too like what you suggested, isn't that a risk for loss of money?
The game has been out for almost a year now and not a whole lot of people are going to be interested in buying special editions for a one year old game.

Am I missing something?
SpyrosMonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-19, 21:10   #2500
Yuna´s Wish
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Is this common practice? The game is obviously not chosen as GOTY and it wasn't exactly a top charting game either to justify a re-release.
It just seems a little weird that it's getting re-released physically with just the DLCs and patches on the disc.

I don't know how all this work but if they do sell new special editions too like what you suggested, isn't that a risk for loss of money?
The game has been out for almost a year now and not a whole lot of people are going to be interested in buying special editions for a one year old game.

Am I missing something?
No, I don't think you are missing anything.

I do wonder how The Witcher 3 and Dark Souls 3 did with their respective Complete and Fire Fades editions.

There might be a particular market or region where these re-releases are effective.

Maybe they're not aiming for a worldwide re-release. Perhaps a Europe only thing? That sure exists, I've seen it.