www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > The Angel of Darkness

Old 09-07-19, 03:07   #21
TRExpertgamer
Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HecticBartoli View Post
I was shocked that it took me like 3-4 minutes to beat Parisian Backstreets, took as long as a Backstreet Boys song. The controls are weird but better on PS2 then on PC keyboards. I feel sorry for the Xbox fans who want the game to be on XBOX Classic. I actually love the game and owned it on PS2. It was extremely awesome, sure the game may be rushed due to the hectic well-timed makings of Cradle of Life and some such other Core games as Project Eden, Operation Phoenix & Herdy Gerdy. But at least AOD is way better than Spyro ETD
Yeah plus, Eidos should've even wait until the movie was going to be released first before AOD was really to get ready for it to be released. They wouldn't even have any objections to add the movie trailer along side right inside of the extras main menu of the game as well. But unfortunately Eidos really had no right to ever make that very stupid move to rush to get that game published for no reason like Eidos really needed to learn how to be more flexible during that period of time. Then it would've even have a remaster & remake within this period of time as well. But unfortunately, it all certainly just stayed right inside of that previous of time just as much as Eidos didn't ever have the right to create that unnecessary dramatic damage like that at all in the first place...
Old 09-07-19, 10:40   #22
HecticBartoli
Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRExpertgamer View Post
Yeah plus, Eidos should've even wait until the movie was going to be released first before AOD was really to get ready for it to be released. They wouldn't even have any objections to add the movie trailer along side right inside of the extras main menu of the game as well. But unfortunately Eidos really had no right to ever make that very stupid move to rush to get that game published for no reason like Eidos really needed to learn how to be more flexible during that period of time. Then it would've even have a remaster & remake within this period of time as well. But unfortunately, it all certainly just stayed right inside of that previous of time just as much as Eidos didn't ever have the right to create that unnecessary dramatic damage like that at all in the first place...
This is one of the clear reasons why video game publishers should not rush with releasing games, I did some research on video games that were rushed to be released and Iím very disappointed in Eidos for AOD and Activision for Spyro. But not in the bitter way as I appreciate the Tomb Raider movies. Angelina Jolie was a great choice at the time although her accent is flawed. But everything else about her in the movie is phenomenal. Back on topic. I agree with you about Eidos, they shouldíve released the game in at least 2004, that way they wouldíve been give Core more time to develop the game putting everything in the game, dual pistols, more moves like twisting flips, shooting while jumping, and of course add more scenes and stuff to the storyline, etc
HecticBartoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-19, 20:45   #23
TRExpertgamer
Explorer

Quote:
This is one of the clear reasons why video game publishers should not rush with releasing games, I did some research on video games that were rushed to be released and Iím very disappointed in Eidos for AOD and Activision for Spyro. But not in the bitter way as I appreciate the Tomb Raider movies. Angelina Jolie was a great choice at the time although her accent is flawed. But everything else about her in the movie is phenomenal. Back on topic. I agree with you about Eidos, they shouldíve released the game in at least 2004, that way they wouldíve been give Core more time to develop the game putting everything in the game, dual pistols, more moves like twisting flips, shooting while jumping, and of course add more scenes and stuff to the storyline, etc
That's right!! But other than that I believe that Tomb Raider the angel of darkness could have been released on August 12, 2003 instead of the 17th of June because it definitely needed more than enough time to properly finish this game so it can finally be ready for it's release really. But unfortunately it didn't as it absolutely wasn't necessary to get it released while the movie was still filming during that time.
Old 10-07-19, 15:21   #24
HecticBartoli
Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRExpertgamer View Post
That's right!! But other than that I believe that Tomb Raider the angel of darkness could have been released on August 12, 2003 instead of the 17th of June because it definitely needed more than enough time to properly finish this game so it can finally be ready for it's release really. But unfortunately it didn't as it absolutely wasn't necessary to get it released while the movie was still filming during that time.
Correct me if Iím wrong but I read some things about Angel of Darkness in some of my PlayStation 2 magazines, the original release date was November 2001 which was about 5 months after Tomb Raider 2001 movie was released. Game got delayed to November 2002 then the minds of Eidos were changed and decided to release the game in June 2003, complete or incomplete. Iím not sure whether it was true what they said about Eidos and Core.
HecticBartoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-19, 20:08   #25
TRExpertgamer
Explorer

Quote:
Correct me if Iím wrong but I read some things about Angel of Darkness in some of my PlayStation 2 magazines, the original release date was November 2001 which was about 5 months after Tomb Raider 2001 movie was released. Game got delayed to November 2002 then the minds of Eidos were changed and decided to release the game in June 2003, complete or incomplete. Iím not sure whether it was true what they said about Eidos and Core.
It would've really took them 6 or 8 weeks for the game to be really ready for it to get published
Old 13-07-19, 21:14   #26
JCGaming

16 years that's a long time ago now I was 16 when this game came out in 2003
(though I first played it in 2004) and now in 2019 I'm 32 so for me it was half a lifetime ago how time flies I can honestly say I never thought this game was bad just below par/medicore and now with maturity I can say the storyline is good the music is outstanding and with proper development time this could have been a great game.
JCGaming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-19, 00:03   #27
larafan25
Sage

AOD gave us:

- Diagonal, concave and convex wall-climbing
- The hop
- The sprint jump
- Backwards flip off edge
- Double-crawl
- first ragdoll deaths (god bless america and all the beautiful women in it)
- **** ing amazing music
- The most exciting progression in Lara's personal journey

and a whole bunch of other useless junk.
Old 14-07-19, 00:24   #28
TRExpertgamer
Explorer

This looks like the 1 & only TOMB RAIDER GAME that deserves to get properly finished WAY WAY BACK FROM 2003!! Correct? I'll always certainly worship the fact that how much that the rest of the ststory got BLURTED OFF with Kurtis attempting to hookup with Lara because I very much imagine that how prudish Lara really has the right to feel like ever since she came along from TR1, She always deserves to be the VERY MOST self-reliant type of girl that she deserves to become every single day which I rather see so much in Lara Croft so that kind of sign of that methmethod applied into this game for that matter to be done on writing to begin with. Instead Kurtis going after Lara so much like I can picture so much out of my own imagination that SHE REALLY DOESN'T WANT TO GET INVOLVED WITH ANY KIND OF MAN AT ALL I REALLY BET SO MUCH OUT OF THAT FOR LARA!! I just hate the fact that how very manipulative Eidos Interactive was from 2003 to begin with because it even really does represent a finishing time of my own period that I was born within as well!! The 7th period rules as it deserves to be unbreakable!! Now can you guys even imagine if any of you Tomb Raider fans can get all of your own ages up to 220 years old so we can see how special will the Tomb Raider franchise will turn out to be like
Old 14-07-19, 01:51   #29
lance6439
Legend

If I had the status and money of a Kardashian id hire the entire original team and pay them loads to continue/remake what could have been the AOD trilogy. I think about this too often.
Old 14-07-19, 08:32   #30
TRExpertgamer
Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lance6439 View Post
If I had the status and money of a Kardashian id hire the entire original team and pay them loads to continue/remake what could have been the AOD trilogy. I think about this too often.
Very nice!!
TRExpertgamer is offline   Reply With Quote