Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > General Chat

Old 16-05-23, 04:48   #2281
Quebsenuef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Mr. View Post
I hear ya. I haven't avoided gatherings or public places since 2020, far from it, but the pandemic definitely made me more aware of the potential perils of crowds. Like, if someone here is sick, we're all getting sick, that kind of thing.

Though to be frank, now that the pandemic is mostly over, it's back to being paranoid about being shot up by some random nut in a public venue. (I live in America, in case that comment wasn't a giveaway)
Hey there, fellow American!
Yeah, gun violence seems all too prevalent in these times. Some advice I live by is always be aware of exits where ever you go. My local Target? I know every exit. The concert I went to last Sunday? I had seats by an exit. My own workplace? You guessed it! I know the exits (and really quiet hiding spots too).
Sad but it’s better to be safe than dead.
Quebsenuef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-23, 15:57   #2282
DragonSlayer

The Irish government did several things wrong during the pandemic.

The first was let the unelected National Public Health Emergency Team aka NPHET run the country while the politicians who are supposed to be running the country sat back and did nothing while the guy in charge at NPHET made all the decisions.

Very rarely did the government against the guy at NPHET, on one occasion when he came back from temporary leave for personal reasons he immediately without informing the government before he announced his recommendation decided that the entire country should be put into an immediate level 5 lockdown, the government which was naturally blindsided by his demand for an immediate level 5 lockdown ignored him and didn't impose an immediate level 5 lockdown.

That incident should have been more than enough for the government to rein this guy and take back control as he had clearly too much power, of course the government didn't do that because that would mean that the government would have to make the decisions and the government didn't want to take back control because if the government had taken back control that would mean that the government would have to make decisions, decisions that could backfire and blow up in their faces which is exactly what happened.

In December 2020 when the Irish prime minister Michael Martin reopened the country 3 weeks before Christmas so that everyone could have what he called a meaningful Christmas what we got in exchange for his meaningful Christmas plan was being back in a level 5 lockdown before New Year's Eve.

The narrative he was going for and was hoping would succeed was the Irish prime minister that saved Christmas, instead he ruined Christmas for everybody he was clearly hoping for some good PR which he so very desperately needed and desired he obviously didn't get what he wanted.

It was the disaster that was his meaningful Christmas plan that led to him going on radio silence throughout 2021 he was clearly afraid that if he said anything or made another decision that it could blow up in his face, it was his refusal to say anything combined with the only strategy he could think of that being repeated lockdowns that led to a significant drop in support of how the government was dealing with the pandemic short answer it wasn't, the repeated lockdowns eventually had a cry wolf effect and people started to ignore the lockdowns.

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

On the rare occasions that he would speak after going on extended radio silence he would say something stupid for example when the remaining pubs that sold drinks only he said that customers would still have to stay in their seats at all times apart from when using the toilet, when someone asked him what if customers wanted to stand he replied if they want to stand they will have to stand on their chairs, I saw him say that on live TV during leaders questions I've tried finding that video online with no success I suspect that he leaned on someone and forced them not to upload what he said to YouTube so that it couldn't be used as an example of his excessive stupidity and so it couldn't be used to ridicule him.

Some of the dumb decisions that were made by the government during the pandemic included when pubs that sold food and drink were allowed to reopen that anyone wanting to buy a drink would have to spend 9 euro on food before they could order a drink the idea being that if you spend 9 euro on food you won't get COVID and the other dumb decision was for people in nightclubs they didn't have to wear a mask when dancing or drinking but if they needed to use the toilet they would have to wear a mask when going to and from the toilets, I saw a guy on Gogglebox Ireland say that instead of wearing a mask to go to the toilet he'd dance to the toilet and back.

He was so desperate to be Irish prime minister that he negotiated a job swap unfortunately for him he chose the worst possible time to do a job swap and inherited a pandemic, one that he proved himself incapable of dealing with.

Before he took over and before his reign of terror began, we were in stage 2 of a 5 stage plan for resuming normal life and there was crystal clear messages coming from the government, all that stopped when his reign of terror started the 5 stage plan was scrapped and never mentioned again and the crystal clear messages from the government were replaced with constantly changing mixed messages.

He made decisions that he didn't like to be challenged about like the decision to refuse to allow cancer treatment services to resume until the very end of 2022, when he was questioned about decision his only response was get real and his body language showed that he was clearly annoyed at being asked that question and his body language said don't be bothering me with issues I don't care about I've more important things to do like getting in front of a camera for an ego stroking photo opportunity and the massive pay rises I promised to various people including myself.

He doesn't give a 💩 about the Irish people who he won't help no matter how badly they need help but he doesn't hesitate to take in more than 100,000 refugees fleeing the war in Ukraine and give them homes and everything else they need while doing nothing for the now more than 12000 Irish homeless people who have been living in emergency accommodation for many years, there are properties all over the country that are empty that could easily be used for the Irish people that are homeless but he has probably already reserved those properties for refugees from Ukraine.

Several weeks ago I read in a newspaper about a guy who is homeless and is living in his car, he works in construction and his job at the moment is to build modular homes for refugees from Ukraine.

Less than a month ago I read it in a newspaper about a woman who registered Ireland's health minister Stephen Donnelly for his COVID vaccine is now homeless and sleeping in her car, when he got his vaccine he told her and her colleagues that they were heroes for helping out yet now when she needs his help he doesn't give a 💩 he has failed to respond to an email she sent in February asking for his help.

https://www.irishmirror.ie/news/iris...rking-30097811

When he was the Irish prime minister Michael Martin didn't hesitate to impose a 5 kilometre travel limit on the entire country a rule that he chose to ignore as he clearly felt that it didn't apply to him throughout his reign of terror he was travelling all over the country for unnecessary photo opportunities, he broke other rules too simply because he could when he went to get both his vaccine doses and the booster he brought a camera crew with him so that he could pose for yet another photo opportunity that plus he had two vaccine center staff attend to him one to inject him and the other to hold his rolled up shirt sleeve for him so he could concentrate on posing for the camera.

He further intended to break the rules he inflicted on the country by intending to go to Washington DC for St Patrick's Day in March 2020 at a time when nobody could go further than 5 kilometres in any direction, when word got out about his brazen intention to break the rules simply because he could he was forced into a U-turn and had to settle for a virtual meeting with President Biden which was undoubtedly a blow to his excessively over inflated ego, he eventually did make it to Washington DC at some point but was prevented from meeting President Biden when he tested positive for COVID I was delighted that he tested positive the deserved it my one regret is that he had been fully vaccinated before testing positive.

Both he and the government have nothing but contempt for the Irish people or as they like to think of them the little people that we don't want to help.

Here's a relevant example of the government's unwillingness to help people, back in March this year various politicians got a pay increase totalling 2000 euro at the same time a 100 year old woman named Kitty got an electricity bill for nearly 1000 euro while another person aged 76 got an electricity bill totalling 1,678 euro.

The former Irish prime minister Michael Martin is currently doing 3 jobs he is the minister for defence, the minister for foreign affairs and the deputy prime minister, he was being sneaky when he chose the job of minister for foreign affairs as anyone who is the minister for foreign affairs is automatically the deputy prime minister, he clearly hopes and wants the top job again, that's too much power for one person to have he should be forced to choose which one of the three jobs that he's doing that he wants to do and if he refuses to make a decision the decision will be made for him.

There are plenty of things he could be doing like dealing with the cost of living crisis and the more than 12000 homeless Irish people forced to live in emergency accommodation like hotels instead his one and only priority is traveling the country on his endless quest for photo opportunities.

On May 26th this year he visited a school where he tweeted that he is delighted to celebrate that the school had an extension built, instead of building extensions for overcrowded schools he should be making it easier for new schools to be built.

https://twitter.com/MichealMartinTD/...68807135789056

Instead of doing the jobs he is supposed to be doing he is doing the only job that he is interested in minister for self promotion on June 2nd he was in Dublin at some festival where he had his picture taken unfortunately for him in the pictures that were taken it looked like he was 💩in the bushes and lurking in the bushes waiting for a child to walk by so that he could snatch the child.
https://twitter.com/MichealMartinTD/...19808732729344

He only cares about himself and no-one else he only wanted to be Irish prime minister so he could give himself and various friends and judges massive pay increases so that he could line his pockets as much as he could while he had the opportunity..

A perfect example of how little he cares about people that he considers them to be beneath him, in April 2021 he called the police to have homeless people moved away from the building that his office was in because they made him feel uncomfortable, most likely they made him uncomfortable because they were a reminder of both his failure and unwillingness to help homeless people
https://www.dublinlive.ie/news/dubli...table-20318077
DragonSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-23, 13:12   #2283
lance6439

There's a new wave of people getting covid and the discussion of mask and social distancing again is on the tables. Can't say im too bothered if these rules are enforced.
lance6439 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-23, 16:15   #2284
perryloo

Quote:
Originally Posted by lance6439 View Post
There's a new wave of people getting covid and the discussion of mask and social distancing again is on the tables. Can't say im too bothered if these rules are enforced.
No-one is going back to masks or social distancing.

How do we know a new wave is here? I would not trust these so called experts ever again.

Did they use a crystal ball, and give us rubbish and scary information to accept jabs that were experimental, No more I say

There would be riots if they considered lockdowns again. it just did not work. It destroyed the economy.

We went through hell with our mental state and our financial state, and hated the police state it went into. No more.

Best to cover your ears and it will go away
perryloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-23, 17:33   #2285
amiro1989

Quote:
Originally Posted by perryloo View Post
No-one is going back to masks or social distancing.

How do we know a new wave is here? I would not trust these so called experts ever again.

Did they use a crystal ball, and give us rubbish and scary information to accept jabs that were experimental, No more I say

There would be riots if they considered lockdowns again. it just did not work. It destroyed the economy.

We went through hell with our mental state and our financial state, and hated the police state it went into. No more.

Best to cover your ears and it will go away
Yeah, that sure works with all world problems.

Waiting for the new version of the vaccine by the end of September to get my jab. Got the vaccine for most of the variants in August last year, and didn’t catch COVID since winter last year.
amiro1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-23, 18:06   #2286
HarleyCroft

I love wearing a mask in public, especially at work. Never gonna stop, even when it's not socially acceptable anymore
HarleyCroft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-23, 19:00   #2287
Quebsenuef

I hope he don’t have another pandemic happen in my lifetime. Not because they suck and people die, but the people who bitch and moan about everything are insufferable.

Nobody likes being in a pandemic, kiddo. Sometimes it happens. Put up and shut up. Like all things it’ll end in time. Don’t make it any harder than it already is.
Quebsenuef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-23, 19:08   #2288
HarleyCroft

Yeah, the pandemic really brought some peoples' crazy up to the surface :/
HarleyCroft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-23, 20:12   #2289
Dennis's Mom

Supposedly there's a new vaccine that addresses the newer variants coming out next month. I hope to get it before we travel in October.
Dennis's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-23, 21:02   #2290
perryloo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis's Mom View Post
Supposedly there's a new vaccine that addresses the newer variants coming out next month. I hope to get it before we travel in October.
oh, I wonder how they 'made up' that jab so quick, and what flavour of MRNA soup is in it this time?

We are still dealing with the excess deaths from the side effects of the previous jabs.
perryloo is offline   Reply With Quote