Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider The Last Revelation

Old 02-06-23, 03:06   #341
perryloo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jathom95 View Post
It's very, very tricky to pull off but yes, it's possible to get through them without getting sliced. You have to position yourself in such a way that you have enough time to start sprinting and roll, plus you have to time it so that you're already running when the blades are moving. That swish swish sound, you should be ready to roll by the time the second one stops playing.
Will try that next time, never thought of rolling, Thanks
perryloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-23, 13:11   #342
Peo86

Hi,
I have a technical problem with the latest version of Tomb4 (2.2.1). The game starts, but the game's loading bar stops at around 20% and the game crashes. Same with The Times Level. The earlier version of Tomb4 2.0.0 works fine for me. What's the problem? I tried to run as administrator and in compatibility with older Windows (I have Win10).
Peo86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-23, 08:09   #343
CheshireBitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peo86 View Post
Hi,
I have a technical problem with the latest version of Tomb4 (2.2.1). The game starts, but the game's loading bar stops at around 20% and the game crashes.
the same is happening to me with the last 3 versions of the tomb4 exe while vanilla TR4 runs fine !

Windows 10 too ! It was running fine and my last computer (I changed 2 month ago) and it was win10 too so I don't understand
CheshireBitch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-23, 09:43   #344
ATombRaiderFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheshireBitch View Post
the same is happening to me with the last 3 versions of the tomb4 exe while vanilla TR4 runs fine !

Windows 10 too ! It was running fine and my last computer (I changed 2 month ago) and it was win10 too so I don't understand
I remember someone else had this issue and they were able to resolve it by disabling FMVs via the setup.
ATombRaiderFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-23, 17:48   #345
CheshireBitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATombRaiderFan View Post
I remember someone else had this issue and they were able to resolve it by disabling FMVs via the setup.
I just did that and it works ! Thank you very much !!
CheshireBitch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-23, 20:56   #346
Kasumi

Works well, just got through the car parts in Valley of the Kings, Aziz's car doesn't disappear and grenades hurt.

FINALLY WE CAN SKIP CUTSCENES!

Only one minor thing: can FoV be changed to make it closer, like in older games or PSX version? I had .exe that fixed holster bug and made camera close. Tomb3main has a toggle for that, I wonder if TLR and Chronicles can be updated with optional closer camera.
Kasumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-23, 01:37   #347
mizuno_suisei

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasumi View Post
Works well, just got through the car parts in Valley of the Kings, Aziz's car doesn't disappear and grenades hurt.

FINALLY WE CAN SKIP CUTSCENES!

Only one minor thing: can FoV be changed to make it closer, like in older games or PSX version? I had .exe that fixed holster bug and made camera close. Tomb3main has a toggle for that, I wonder if TLR and Chronicles can be updated with optional closer camera.
Long shot, widescreen aspect is definately automatic, you COULD try Ed Kurlyak's TR234 wide and FOV patcher. May not work! Back up the t4p original files ofcourse just incase you break the exe.
mizuno_suisei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-23, 13:58   #348
Kasumi

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizuno_suisei View Post
Long shot, widescreen aspect is definately automatic, you COULD try Ed Kurlyak's TR234 wide and FOV patcher. May not work! Back up the t4p original files ofcourse just incase you break the exe.
Lower distance value to make it closer? I can try... But Tomb5 has toggle between 4 and 5's camera and Tomb3 has FoV toggle. Tomb1main has manual FoV input.

It's a good feature to just have without having to edit the exe... I just decided to set up Tomb Raider games for widescreen and probably sound annoying as I post about some inconsistencies.

I think this is the old camera mod that would be nice to have as an option for TR4: https://www.tombraiderforums.com/sho...d.php?t=151877
Kasumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-23, 02:32   #349
Woops

an FOV option is planned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasumi View Post
I think this is the old camera mod that would be nice to have as an option for TR4: https://www.tombraiderforums.com/sho...d.php?t=151877
well, considering that the post just says "you'll feel it trust me bro" I'm not sure what I need to do to implement it
Woops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-23, 03:15   #350
mizuno_suisei

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woops View Post
an FOV option is planned

well, considering that the post just says "you'll feel it trust me bro" I'm not sure what I need to do to implement it
Huh? I ported TREP patches to Vanilla TR4, literally 13 years ago in that thread I never mentioned trust or bro.
I know Hex editing is probably very laughable but...I was still the first to port them aha. Others followed suit as I taught them how to hex compare and find the similar offsets. Then people with actual programming experience started doing it a more professjonal way and made their own threads

They may be referring to the trep *sticky cam feature* I never implemented FOV from TREP as the manual stated at the time it was buggy

Last edited by mizuno_suisei; 03-09-23 at 03:19.
mizuno_suisei is offline   Reply With Quote