Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider Underworld

Old 03-08-19, 06:44   #11
Shing
Unverified

I think it's great. It's easy to notice the lack of AO in older games after you play with modern titles.
Now add some Reshade shaders and play at 4k.
Shing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-19, 21:57   #12
LuckyEdge10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shing View Post
I think it's great. It's easy to notice the lack of AO in older games after you play with modern titles.
Now add some Reshade shaders and play at 4k.
You can play Underworld at 144p, 360p, 480p, 720p, 1080p, 1440p, 4K, 8K, 16K, 32K, 64K, it doesn't matter, it will always SUCK
LuckyEdge10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-19, 12:33   #13
UroshUchiha

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyEdge10 View Post
You can play Underworld at 144p, 360p, 480p, 720p, 1080p, 1440p, 4K, 8K, 16K, 32K, 64K, it doesn't matter, it will always SUCK
Graphically or gameplay-wise? Underworld to me looks great graphically, but not as great as Anniversary (not talking about Wii and PS2 ports). Gameplay-wise I think it's the worst out of the Legend trilogy.
UroshUchiha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-19, 16:31   #14
Deathly Karma

Imo, Underworld has better graphics/art direction than 2013. I love both games but Underworlds environments felt more real.
Deathly Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-19, 16:41   #15
LuckyEdge10

Quote:
Originally Posted by UroshUchiha View Post
Graphically or gameplay-wise? Underworld to me looks great graphically, but not as great as Anniversary (not talking about Wii and PS2 ports). Gameplay-wise I think it's the worst out of the Legend trilogy.
I'm talking about everything but graphics. Gameplay, story, characters, etc.
Old 05-08-19, 17:09   #16
UroshUchiha

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyEdge10 View Post
I'm talking about everything but graphics. Gameplay, story, characters, etc.
Gameplay was meh truly, story was ok-ish. I've seen worse. Lara herself had such stiff animations that it was odd playing TRU in my marathon instantly after Anniversary. TRA had such butter-smooth animations compared to TRU. The only character I cared about in TRU was Shadow Lara :P Especially the 2nd exclusive DLC made me fall in love with her even more.
Old 05-08-19, 19:49   #17
LuckyEdge10

Quote:
Originally Posted by UroshUchiha View Post
Gameplay was meh truly, story was ok-ish. I've seen worse. Lara herself had such stiff animations that it was odd playing TRU in my marathon instantly after Anniversary. TRA had such butter-smooth animations compared to TRU. The only character I cared about in TRU was Shadow Lara :P Especially the 2nd exclusive DLC made me fall in love with her even more.
Legend and Underworld's gameplay was just perfect. Underworld should've had the same animation to keep it consistent with the trilogy + the animations are terribly fast and it is very frustrating.
Old 06-10-19, 17:09   #18
Kapu

I'm late to the party but I have to say, this looks great! Lara in particular just looks so much better with the additional shadows. Her TRU model can seriously use all the help it can get.

Any chance you could share some more screenshots, UroshUchiha? Or even better, a video? Maybe from a cutscene? I'd love to see it in motion!
Kapu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-19, 17:12   #19
UroshUchiha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kapu View Post
I'm late to the party but I have to say, this looks great! Lara in particular just looks so much better with the additional shadows. Her TRU model can seriously use all the help it can get.

Any chance you could share some more screenshots, UroshUchiha? Or even better, a video? Maybe from a cutscene? I'd love to see it in motion!
The game is no longer installed on my system otherwise I would have provided more screenshots. Doing a video is difficult because you have to completely turn off the game in order to enable/disable ambient occlusion via this tool. Can't be done with the game running.
Old 06-10-19, 18:12   #20
Kapu

Darn, that's too bad. Well thanks for sharing those screens earlier.
Kapu is online now   Reply With Quote