Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider

Old 03-08-20, 13:15   #1
Newraider75

Default The Hardest Secret?

I've been replaying the og TR recently and I was shocked about how difficult some of the secrets are to find! I was wondering in your opinions what secret is the hardest to find in the original Tomb Raider?

I'm not fully finished my playthrough but the two that spring to mind for me are in The Cistern and the Tomb of Tihocan. The Cistern secret behind the hidden block just before the final room took me an age to find, I only managed to discover it due to the box object glitching visually. The secret in Tomb of Tihocan that really had me shook was the one in the flooded room that you must get to before you flood it and then run over specific differently textured floor tiles, which I admittedly needed a guide to find (cannot imagine how anyone found it themselves )
Newraider75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-20, 14:06   #2
sackboy123

I found TR1 and TR2 secrets quite easy to find if I'm honest. They weren't that hidden. Now TR3 and TR4 secrets, I still haven't found them all to this date. I refuse a walkthrough too
sackboy123 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-20, 14:49   #3
puristic jink
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by sackboy123 View Post
I found TR1 and TR2 secrets quite easy to find if I'm honest. They weren't that hidden. Now TR3 and TR4 secrets, I still haven't found them all to this date. I refuse a walkthrough too
TR2'S are the easiet to find I find.
puristic jink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-20, 14:51   #4
Maverin

Quote:
So have you ever played All Hallows?
Maverin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-20, 14:52   #5
sackboy123

Only using a save game
sackboy123 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-20, 14:54   #6
Newraider75

Quote:
Most of them are fairly standard but I think TR1 has a few tricky ones
Old 03-08-20, 15:09   #7
BlackWolftr

Yeah, there were some really hard secrets in TR1. I remember that really hard to find secret was in Tomb of Qualopec behind the gold statue. In Colosseum there is also a quite hard to find secret, that which we need to stand on some tile and jump on platforms. There is also really hard secret in Palace Midas in gardens, I always had trouble to find the switch in bushes. And as you said the secrets in Cistern and in Tomb of Tihocan are hard to find. That's all secrets that are hard to find in TR1 in my opinion
BlackWolftr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-20, 15:29   #8
Newraider75

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackWolftr View Post
Yeah, there were some really hard secrets in TR1. I remember that really hard to find secret was in Tomb of Qualopec behind the gold statue. In Colosseum there is also a quite hard to find secret, that which we need to stand on some tile and jump on platforms. There is also really hard secret in Palace Midas in gardens, I always had trouble to find the switch in bushes. And as you said the secrets in Cistern and in Tomb of Tihocan are hard to find. That's all secrets that are hard to find in TR1 in my opinion
Greece really pulling out all the stops when it comes to secrets, the timed door secret in St. Francis Folly is another difficult one. The magnum secret is another toughie definitely
Old 03-08-20, 15:54   #9
laracroftswest

In terms of knowing where the secret is...I think the one in Tomb of Tihocan running parallel to the slope is pretty tough. Also you only get one shot to do the jumps on the falling tiles correctly, so there's no real trial and error. If you miss the slope or mess up the jumps...tough luck.
laracroftswest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-20, 16:58   #10
BlackWolftr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newraider75 View Post
Greece really pulling out all the stops when it comes to secrets, the timed door secret in St. Francis Folly is another difficult one. The magnum secret is another toughie definitely
Oh yeah, I don't know how I forgot about this secret. It's really hard time trial and we need to lose much hp Probably hardest in game.
BlackWolftr is offline   Reply With Quote