Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider Chronicles

Old 13-04-20, 14:19   #31
TR-Freak
Unverified

The only thing i like about TRC is the visual improvement (Camera movement, 24 bit room lighting vs 16 bit in TR3/4 and floats vs ints)

Quote:
By the way - to actually test 60fps capability to its fullest you need a smart TV that runs at 60hz, or a very new gen mobile phone.
Game is locked to 30 fps. Increasing the frames per second would mean having a faster game.

Last edited by TR-Freak; 13-04-20 at 14:20.
TR-Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-20, 19:24   #32
Avalon SARL

I like chroncles alot, except for Rome. Story was nice and engaging, but the first chapter makes no sense to me t all and lacks a bit of creativity.

Chronicles was more of a gap filler, so I never treated it like it had to be a main game like the previous ones.
It was a filler, but yet I apprecoate it alot and find it has many challenging moments.
VCI levels are one of the best levels I ever played because of the variety and new challenges they offered and they were very difficult.
Avalon SARL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-20, 19:30   #33
Greenapple968

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon SARL View Post
Chronicles was more of a gap filler, so I never treated it like it had to be a main game like the previous ones.
Wasn't the original intention for Lara to have died at the end of Last Revelation? In which case, Core would've been limited as to what they could have done but the death of Lara wouldn't have interfered with Chronicles as it was all set in the past. Chronicles does show some key moments; the Ireland section where Lara was much younger, the Rome section which shows Lara's first encounter with Pierre and Larson, as well as showing us how Lara managed to obtain the Iris off of Von Croy.
Greenapple968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-20, 14:40   #34
Chamayoo

- I love the colorful health bar on PC, like the PS1 ones.
- Rome is really pretty and enjoyable. Nothing breathtaking, but it's very nice.
Chamayoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-20, 14:48   #35
Greenapple968

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chamayoo View Post
- Rome is really pretty and enjoyable. Nothing breathtaking, but it's very nice.
The colour of the health bar is highly insignificant to me; I tend to value storylines and gameplay. Also, the Rome section is probably my 2nd least favourite section within Chronicles, with Ireland being my least favourite. VCI is my favourite section, followed by Russia.
Old 06-05-20, 14:50   #36
Tomb Raidering

Quote:
Agreed so much, omg! It’s even better than the PS1 health bars with HQ quality. Not to mention I also love the Chronicles PC sprint and breath bars.

I hate the matte red, matte blue, and the matte green bars in TR4 (and TRLE). >.<
Tomb Raidering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-20, 17:50   #37
Chamayoo

^ I don't dislike PC TR2 to TR4 bars but I would have like something a bit more stylish. They do they work, eh.
I don't remember those sprint and oxygen bars, I'm curious to see them again, just to see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenapple968 View Post
The colour of the health bar is highly insignificant to me; I tend to value storylines and gameplay. Also, the Rome section is probably my 2nd least favourite section within Chronicles, with Ireland being my least favourite. VCI is my favourite section, followed by Russia.
This is just commenting of little details, nothing more.
I guess what they have intended with VCI, unfortunately I had game breaking glitches that prevented me to enjoy fully this last section.
Chamayoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-20, 21:31   #38
Greenapple968

Quote:
This is just commenting of little details, nothing more.
I guess what they have intended with VCI, unfortunately I had game breaking glitches that prevented me to enjoy fully this last section.
The glitches within the VCI section were very annoying indeed; saving at certain times and places can result in you getting stuck and being unable to complete the game. I had to restart Chronicles due to these glitches, and I also encountered similar problems in Last Revelation.
Old 07-05-20, 10:39   #39
Stryke

Thank you for getting out of this big orange game TR4. I wish you were long though to feel like a complete adventure. I like Lara's sounds, camera upgrades, return of TR3 Desert Eagle, different locations, cutscenes galore.

and Anniversary >>> TR1? Gurl...what? lol
Stryke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-20, 12:56   #40
LateRaider
Inactive

TR was 30fps on all consoles until TR:AoD

anywayz

TR: Chronicles gave us Larson and Pierre interacting and it was gay so it's not a total dumpster fire
LateRaider is offline   Reply With Quote