www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor > Next Generation Level Editor

Old 22-05-22, 01:19   #15291
justin
Professor

Default Lara's default Health bar appearence

Related to Lara's health: is there a way to detect when Lara's Health bar is visible? With my plan above, I appear to be able to increase Lara's Max HP. But now how do I modify the actual bar? I can create a custom bar that is wider and shows her health, but I'm not sure when to show it. I would also need to make a second custom bar to show poison...
Old 22-05-22, 10:46   #15292
AkyV

Once there was a debate about it, but as far as I can remember nobody has found out yet the good condition to detect Lara's health bar presence.
You may run a looooooong test to find every little situation for this, and then making some reeeeeeeally complex scripting for this - but, practically, it is naturally nonsense.
If you have a custom health bar, then perhaps the best if it is permanently on the screen, exactly covering the original bar position - or a bigger area, naturally. Then you can adjust another (even a custom poison) bar position to this.

Anyway, if you need more bar look customization (eg. pulsing color) then my Plugin3 has some options for that.
AkyV is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-22, 12:05   #15293
justin
Professor

That's exactly what I was thinking. Ironically, in my last game, I kept the Healthbar forced because I like seeing it. Players were really confused, though

*update* I also figured out a way to adjust the Medipacks. Using FLEP, I reduced the amount they heal by 50% (Small down to 250, Large to 500) and added a GT to heal more when they are used. Then once the Max HP is increased, I disable those GTs and it LOOKS like the Medis still only heal 250 and 500 health points respectively. So with the Max HP increased, it takes 2 Large Medis to fully heal

Last edited by justin; 22-05-22 at 16:02.
justin is offline   Reply With Quote