www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor > Tomb Editor

Old 23-02-22, 23:22   #421
THOR2010
Professor

So i haven't messed with wad tool very much other than just building a wad, can we take the meshes for outfits and uv map them and re import them and still have the outfit function, i tried with the default tr4 torso but when i import the torso mesh back and then try it out in game its like all the skin joint holes no longer line up so its all a jumbled mess, also the mesh itself looks great uv mapped but the way lighting reacts on it is like non of the vertices are connected? sorry if this has been discussed before i just havent been keeping up with wadtool!
Old 24-02-22, 07:45   #422
Caesum
Tomb Raider

^ It's because 3d editing apps like 3ds max, blender etc can't remember vertex IDs, so each time you export from them, they get shuffled. Tomb Raider has hardcoded joints, so they connect to particular vertex IDs.

To fix that you need to open Skeleton Editor, select the mesh you imported, click edit mesh, then in "Mode" select Vertex Remap. There you can manually remap vertices.
You can also try "automatic fit" option there, but it didn't produce good results for me personally (I'm using custom outfit by Horus Goddess though; it might be just right for og model).

I remember that in the past there were some issues with normals being not exactly right on imported meshes. I think lwmte fixed that since then (I remember him working on that), but if you have troubles try Mode: Normals & Shades to fix that.

If you don't remember exact vertex ids just check them either on og models or on joints you want your mesh to connect to.
Caesum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-22, 22:40   #423
THOR2010
Professor

ok, i had an older version installed still so that solves all my problems, thank you so much!! this makes making an outfit ten times faster!!