www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Community Forums > General Chat

Old 20-10-18, 17:32   #261
robm_2007
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by charmedangelin View Post
I already said it doesn't create thoughts, but it does blunt the filter to those thoughts. And if people are going to judge her based on thoughts then they better look in a mirror because everyone has thoughts to themselves that they wouldn't dare utter to someone else.

And I doubt she would have said it, in fact you can't really know that since she was under the influence.
Going off her track record of what she says while (apparently) not loopy on meds, I can make a pretty good guess. She only cared about what she said because it got her show cancelled and her fired. If it went relatively unnoticed, there wouldn't have been crying and apologizing.
Old 20-10-18, 18:55   #262
redfox45
Archaeologist

By the way the other day the faces of the Huddersfield grooming gang (the gang Tommy Robinson was arrested for reporting on) was released and unless it wasn't before I think it's pretty evident what the point he was trying to make was.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-45918845
redfox45 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-18, 21:08   #263
ajrich17901
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quebsenuef View Post
I hope it does well. I’m a huge fan (I would fight someone for the title) and John Goodman and Laurie Metcalf are phenomenal actors. The three kids from the show all grown up are great as well but for me the two shining stars left are Dan and Jackie. I don’t have cable or satellite so I can’t watch the show... damn millennials and their Netflix obsessions .. but I wish them the best. I loved what I saw in the Roseanne revival and I’m sure its just as good without her.

I find it funny that there’s so many people boycotting the show. I hope it has steady ratings. I really want them to have that. I care so much for that cast like they’re my own family. I grew up with them. #feelings
Well the conners performed better than 2 episodes from the last roseanne season and was only a little down from the finale last season. Shows gonna do just fine, personally even without roseanne I enjoyed it.
Also about the forum topic, no I don't think she's a racist, she's always said outlandish things.

Last edited by ajrich17901; 20-10-18 at 21:10.
ajrich17901 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-18, 05:27   #264
charmedangelin
Relic Hunter

Guess Rosanne is having the last laugh. The Connors is an epic fail and the president of ABC who fired Rosanne is now out of a job.

Good to hear some karma come back on them, what they did to Rosanne was a complete over reaction and they shot themselves in the foot, causing the whole project to sink.

https://amp-dailycaller-com.cdn.ampp...rom%20%251%24s

https://newspunch.com/abc-president-...gs-plunge/amp/

Last edited by charmedangelin; 25-11-18 at 05:31.
charmedangelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-18, 07:34   #265
Quebsenuef
Tomb Raider

Location: In Rafe Adler's Arms|Gender: Pyramid Head|Superpower: Dirty Tricks Mode|Color: I'm Freakin' Gray

I actually can’t find much about the ratings online which makes me a little hesitant to trust that source ^
I did see Celebrity Insider say that it’s better than what Roseanne supporters wanted but that seemed pretty targeted and clickbait.
Old 25-11-18, 12:46   #266
Cochrane
Gold Contributor

Ratings of the last season of Roseanne:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roseanne_(season_10)

Started at 18 million viewers, dropped down to 10, remained relatively consistently there.

Ratings of the Conners so far:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Conners

(For people who don't trust Wikipedia, look at the references they link to like TV By The Numbers, which repost Nielsen Ratings but in a way that makes it really hard to track down long-term trends.) Started at about ten million, dropped to around seven. So the numbers are indeed down. Whether they are down more or less than they would have been with Roseanne Barr is obviously hard to say; nor does it necessarily matter all. But if the pro-Trump people want to chalk it up as a win, sure, who cares.

----

Aside, since I'm seeing this thread again: How come Tommy Robinson is still alive? Like, the whole reason anybody ever said for why this horrible racist should not go to prison for the clear and obvious illegal things he did is because it would be "totally a death sentence because he will obviously immediately be murdered!" Who could have ever guessed that this was totally incorrect? Oh, right, literally everyone who was not blinded by this racist asshole and his pathetic attempts to paint himself as the victim of his own acts.
Old 25-11-18, 15:36   #267
Mani_Man
Professor

I mean if people are so desperate and petty to try this narrative with the show then so be it...but then they shouldnt be surprised if they are called a joke...because that is what it is.

That shows lose viewers is nothing new, that often shows start with 10 million viewers and then lose 5 in the following weeks is common.

Roseanne season 10 lost in the span of just 9 episodes a total of more than 10 million viewers...the connors only lost 5...so maybe i get the idea of karma wrong but it seems like the show lost more followers by painting the character as a pro trump person than the show that continued without Roseanne.
Mani_Man is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-18, 15:56   #268
lance6439
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by charmedangelin View Post
Guess Rosanne is having the last laugh. The Connors is an epic fail and the president of ABC who fired Rosanne is now out of a job.

Good to hear some karma come back on them, what they did to Rosanne was a complete over reaction and they shot themselves in the foot, causing the whole project to sink.

https://amp-dailycaller-com.cdn.ampp...rom%20%251%24s

https://newspunch.com/abc-president-...gs-plunge/amp/
Nah. The world views her as a lunatic and racist Trump loving nutcase so shes still a loser
Old 25-11-18, 16:03   #269
redfox45
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cochrane View Post
Aside, since I'm seeing this thread again: How come Tommy Robinson is still alive? Like, the whole reason anybody ever said for why this horrible racist should not go to prison for the clear and obvious illegal things he did is because it would be "totally a death sentence because he will obviously immediately be murdered!" Who could have ever guessed that this was totally incorrect? Oh, right, literally everyone who was not blinded by this racist asshole and his pathetic attempts to paint himself as the victim of his own acts.
Since you seem to be the expert on the matter would you mind running down a short list of the particularly evil things he believes and point me in the direction f where I can find the sources?

Ya know just the stuff he deserves to be executed for.
redfox45 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-18, 17:14   #270
Cochrane
Gold Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by redfox45 View Post
Since you seem to be the expert on the matter would you mind running down a short list of the particularly evil things he believes and point me in the direction f where I can find the sources?

Ya know just the stuff he deserves to be executed for.
Sorry if my point was unclear: I was not saying he should be executed. I was pointing out that some people were saying "him going to jail for three months is actually a death sentence because he will totally be murdered in there. He said so, so it must be true!!!!1eleven!". My point back then was that this was obviously wrong and stupid. My point now is that I was right back then.