Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Franchise > Crossovers, Tabletop Games and Milestones > Tomb Raider 25

Old 04-05-21, 17:09   #21
Tombraider95

Honestly I think these logos are the best thing to happen to the series in a long time. I wanna see what the TR2/3 versions would be. I'm guessing TR2 would have some red in it and TR3 some yellow/blue silver.

I'd love this style to be for the logo for the next game.

Tombraider95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-21, 18:07   #22
DVDSpike

Interesting how similar the logos look.

Could it be a coincidence? Most likely. Am I going to clown myself thinking that it means something? Absolutely.

EDIT: they are the same logo it seems - save for all the cracks in the TRI logo, every little indent and texture is in the same place on the TR4 logo.

I would be very pleased if this is the new franchise logo. It certainly harkens back to the classic logo and would signify, to me at least, that they are taking this "unified timeline" thing seriously.

Last edited by DVDSpike; 04-05-21 at 18:31.
DVDSpike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-21, 23:33   #23
redfox45

I guess this is as good a time as any to pick up my first playthrough of this game again.

Left off in the Lost Library
Those golden fellas are pretty cool and funny but is there some trick to beating them? I'd assume it was the little gem but I dont fancy my chances free aiming for it. Just been wearing them down with pistols so far.

And now one is on a horse
Yeah you look cool dude but I'm never gonna hit that little gem now.
redfox45 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-21, 03:01   #24
.snake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redfox45 View Post
I guess this is as good a time as any to pick up my first playthrough of this game again.

Left off in the Lost Library
Those golden fellas are pretty cool and funny but is there some trick to beating them? I'd assume it was the little gem but I dont fancy my chances free aiming for it. Just been wearing them down with pistols so far.

And now one is on a horse
Yeah you look cool dude but I'm never gonna hit that little gem now.
Yeah you have to hit the little gem, but it's nearly impossible with the crossbow and laser sight... so I've found it's best to save the Uzis for these guys. You'll use up a lot of ammo, but you'll hit the gem in their chests faster than with pistols.

When it comes to the guy on the horse though, it takes forever... so best not to waste the Uzi ammo. So stick to pistols and just be patient. Also, stay on the side of him without the shield (but avoid his ax) otherwise your bullets wont hit him. Once you manage to knock him off the horse, you can use the Uzis on him again cause then he's just like the other guys... but make sure you stay between him and his horse cause he will climb back in the saddle and then whole process begins again if you don't kill him while he's off.
.snake. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-21, 07:30   #25
CircusBabysGal

This...
TR4 deserves to be the best month
TR4 is the BEST TR
CircusBabysGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-21, 08:06   #26
Brendanlovesu1

Is anyone looking forward to the TR4 stream already or is it just me?

I wish we didn't have to wait till the end of the month for it though, they could share some renders or beta stuff we haven't seen before, even though they already shared most of that stuff during the 20th anniversary a few years ago
Brendanlovesu1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-21, 09:18   #27
Patrick star

Happy TR4 month ! This is and will always be my favorite game of all time. There's a charm and sense of grandeur to this game that was never present in any previous TR game and could never be replicated in the future ones. The introduction of Jonell was most welcome, classic gameplay at its best and most sophisticated form strengthened by franchise-new cool puzzle and level design ideas after the key-levers fatigue of the previous games that already felt over the top by the second game, and an epic journey unfolding in its entirety in Egypt taking advantage of every single different landscape, architecture and setting that the country has. What could be better for a Tomb Raiding adventure?

It's been two years since I've beaten it for the umpteenth time, I've been very busy since 2018 that I almost only play some TRLE levels from time to time or just snippets of games (no full playthroughs), but I'm more than looking forward to picking up this gem again.
Patrick star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-21, 10:39   #28
JsotoTRSaga

I love this game so much Happy TR4 Month This game was an epic game changer, the ultimate tomb raider experience at the time! I love the use of apocalyptic themes and the eerie music and atmosphere, I think it's one of the things I love the most about this masterpiece. It all came together so well.

edit: The art piece is my favorite so far, without a doubt. Andy Park is a brilliant artist, he understands the soul of the franchise. I've said it before and I'll say it again he should be hired for the next game's art. I also loved the logo, such a step up from the obviously and lazily Uncharted inspired previous TR logo.

Last edited by JsotoTRSaga; 05-05-21 at 10:45.
JsotoTRSaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-21, 12:03   #29
redfox45

Quote:
Originally Posted by .snake. View Post
Yeah you have to hit the little gem, but it's nearly impossible with the crossbow and laser sight... so I've found it's best to save the Uzis for these guys. You'll use up a lot of ammo, but you'll hit the gem in their chests faster than with pistols.

When it comes to the guy on the horse though, it takes forever... so best not to waste the Uzi ammo. So stick to pistols and just be patient. Also, stay on the side of him without the shield (but avoid his ax) otherwise your bullets wont hit him. Once you manage to knock him off the horse, you can use the Uzis on him again cause then he's just like the other guys... but make sure you stay between him and his horse cause he will climb back in the saddle and then whole process begins again if you don't kill him while he's off.
Awesome thanks, been hoarding that Uzi ammo from the start.

The little "ah" sounds they're making are hilarious.
redfox45 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-21, 16:30   #30
Tsarina

Don't know if anyone follows the IG page, but they posted a cute little animation of Lara progressing from TR1 to Survivor Lara showcasing her moves. Shows TR1, AOD, Legend, and Survivor. It's pretty cute.

https://www.instagram.com/tombraider/
Tsarina is offline   Reply With Quote