Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Community Forums > Arts and Entertainment

Old 16-03-20, 14:16   #3721
sackboy123
Tomb Raider

The Faceless Ones featuring The 2nd Doctor, Jamie, Ben and Polly has now been animated and released on DVD.

https://www.doctorwho.tv/news/?artic...to-be-released

Last edited by sackboy123; 16-03-20 at 14:18.
sackboy123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-20, 15:15   #3722
Zelda master
Tomb Raider

Blegh, I hate I can't just pick it up in stores here. Multiple online stores haven't shipped yet...
Old 26-03-20, 10:59   #3723
Chamayoo
Relic Hunter

http://www.doctorwhotv.co.uk/15th-an...oday-93484.htm

It seems a prequel of the first episode of the revival, Rose, exists ! Never knew the existence. Apparently it will be revealed today.
Old 26-03-20, 14:27   #3724
sackboy123
Tomb Raider

And just like last week, at 7PM GMT time will be live tweet rewatch of "Rose" along with Russell himself.
Old 28-03-20, 20:54   #3725
sackboy123
Tomb Raider

My Season 12 collection re-release boxset came the other day.

Been watching all day, did anyone else get the re-release of this boxset early?

Genesis of the Daleks is such a strong story, loved every moment of it. About to watch Revenge of the Cybermen soon
Old 29-03-20, 16:19   #3726
jajay119
Tomb Raider

I've been rewatching Torchwood lately as it's been on iPlayer. Some episodes such as the Cyberwoman, Countrycide and Random shoes have held up so well. One or two others not so much. I particularly like Countrycide as there is nothing Sci-Fi about the episode at all. It's just straight up thriller/horror but it still work well.

I find it funny that we now have to wait a year between series, which are shorter, yet back then we got 13 eps of Who and 13 eps of Torchwood and the vast majority of both were good.
Old 30-07-20, 21:06   #3727
jajay119
Tomb Raider

I've recently been rewatching all the Nu-Who series. I started with S4 as I wanted to see Donna again so now I've got through to S1 again. There is something just so inspired about the first series. I don't think there is one dud episode and I really like Christopher Eccleston as the doctor.

RTD's era was definitely the best written although Moffat and Smith's first two seasons give them a good run for their money. But towards the end of Smith's tenure and for most of of Peter Capaldi's I feel like the writing went from being generally average to generally quite poor with the odd good episode thrown in - Although Missy was a genuine highlight.

I do feel quite sorry for Capaldi as he was really let down by the scripting. He was really good in his final one with Bill. The Sontaren Inversion had some amazing writing and acting though - it really stood out as an amazing episode in a sea of mediocrity. I don't dislike Clara as much as I did originally but I still think she should have been killed off.
Old 30-07-20, 21:39   #3728
Zelda master
Tomb Raider

RTD is by far the most consistent period of the entire show (both new and old), it's good and at its worst it's 'Fear Her'. Which, while not good, it's not bad either. It's just kind of there at its worst. Moffat has the much better highs, but his lows are just... Ugh...

Moffat was was clearly past his peak in Series 5 and each series was written on the go instead of pre-planned series ahead like Davies did. The Series 4 finale called back to Tennants very first episode, that was over thirty episodes back, that's some insane planning ahead.

Capaldi was robbed of better series, but he has Heaven Sent, so... He got one of the very best singular episodes in the entire show (again, new and old). So there's that!

Now where to start regarding Chibs... Better yet... Let's not start about Chibs!
Old 30-07-20, 22:13   #3729
jajay119
Tomb Raider

The problem I have with Chibnall is that his first series was very listless. I dont feel like he had a clear direction he wanted to go in apart from simply harkening back to a style more evocative of the classic era which is odd for a new show runner. His first series was incredibly dull thematically. He has started to pull it back a bit with his second season but the lows were very low and I'm not sure the Timeless Child stuff has hit as he would have liked. It might not even be all it appears to be at this point.
Old 30-07-20, 22:17   #3730
Matie
Professor

I'm also rewatching it all, and not just the writing, but the music was so well done as well! I'm enjoying S01-S04 so much, for the rest I miss the overarching storylines, great characters, consistency, all the fun, and the series being happy and dark, very serious and hilarious at the same time.