Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Level Editor and Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor

Old 03-03-18, 19:11   #31
Danath

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ifrit61 View Post
I don't live in Pescara, but I know it very well. I've got a lot of friends since my childhood, there.
That's awesome, never thought someone that knows the place would post here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ifrit61 View Post
Looking forward to seeing your work, anyway. I like your kind of "crazy ideas"!
Thank you.

I haven't done much lately, blame Elex for that... I will be focusing on finishing the layout now, i want to be done with this map soon.
Danath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-18, 15:50   #32
Ifrit61

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danath View Post
That's awesome, never thought someone that knows the place would post here!

Thank you.

I haven't done much lately, blame Elex for that... I will be focusing on finishing the layout now, i want to be done with this map soon.
Yeah well the world is smaller than it seems!
So there's still a chance of seeing something real from Pescara? I could send you some photos if you wish!
Ifrit61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-18, 17:48   #33
Danath

Talking

Umm no thanks, i'm keeping the abstract design. Keep in mind TR2 is much more limited on what you can do. I have figured out how to do the rest of the level, now it's a matter of achieving it.

Oh, and there's something thewolf helped me with that should be made known to all TR2 builders.
There are certain level features that are hardcoded inside the base file and won't work with a different base! This isn't told anywhere in the manual!

An example from my level: i wanted to use both the detonator box and underwater flow. But since i have chosen Bartoli's Hideout base level which has the detonator sequence, i cannot use underwater flow. If i used the 40Fathoms base for example, i wouldn't be able to use the detonator...

That's the reason why i couldn't use underwater flow in my Lost Temple level! So i have to do something different with the underwater segment, i have an idea for it now.

Oh and another thing that isn't told in the manual: if you use a "one-shot" trigger for a trap or a door to activate/open it, you cannot deactivate/close it afterwards! If you want to activate/deactivate or open/close something, don't use the one shot property on the activation trigger!
This is why there are 2 sets of doors in my Mystic Realm level at the end, so when you activate the switch to make the bridge appear and open the 2 doors it's a one-shot trigger. And those doors cannot be closed behind you with another trigger, so then i added 2 more doors that close when you enter and trap you inside.

Last edited by Danath; 05-03-18 at 17:51.
Old 06-03-18, 01:00   #34
Feder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danath View Post
An example from my level: i wanted to use both the detonator box and underwater flow. But since i have chosen Bartoli's Hideout base level which has the detonator sequence, i cannot use underwater flow.
So that's why I always had trouble with the underwater flow on TR2 Using Diving Area's base level (which has an underwater flow trigger right at the beggining) allows the underwater flow initially, but when you modify the base level it doesn't work anymore That's why on The Hidden Dagger's first level, Lara doesn't flow towards the big propeller, instead she gets pushed back.

There are similar problems with the TR3 engine, for example the fuse box that you have to shoot in the battle with Sophia doesn't work, even if you put the right trigger which is Item_At_Sector, it does nothing.
Feder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-18, 01:10   #35
Danath

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feder View Post
Using Diving Area's base level (which has an underwater flow trigger right at the beggining) allows the underwater flow initially, but when you modify the base level it doesn't work anymore That's why on The Hidden Dagger's first level, Lara doesn't flow towards the big propeller, instead she gets pushed back.
Oh crap, now i'm starting to get worried, there is a planned submerged ruins level where i want to play with the underwater flow... I hope i can get it to work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feder View Post
There are similar problems with the TR3 engine, for example the fuse box that you have to shoot in the battle with Sophia doesn't work, even if you put the right trigger which is Item_At_Sector, it does nothing.
That sucks. Item_at_sector is the one you have to use for the shootable bell btw.
Old 07-03-18, 20:01   #36
GameGlitcher77

Cool Solution...

Order the script to play those levels out of order....
That should fix any 'hardcoded' issues.
GameGlitcher77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-18, 22:33   #37
Danath

Question

How do you mean?
There's 8 planned levels, in the original there's 18. But even then, you have to chose one base level, that will determine what you can/can't do more than the level order.

By the way, i have made that underwater segment in another way that pleases me, i like how it is now.
Today i did the following segment which takes place inside a big warehouse and love how that has turned out. Now i have to do 2 more level paths and then the layout will be finished, save for the roofs/uppermost part and i need to vertically divide the initial segment that i showed on those screens. So i'm 70-something % done.

Edit: Oh, now that i think of it, the way i have done the layout makes it possible for me to texture and light what i have before finishing everything, so you will see some screenshots sooner.

Last edited by Danath; 07-03-18 at 22:42.
Old 08-03-18, 15:28   #38
thewolf
Golden

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameGlitcher77 View Post
Order the script to play those levels out of order....
That should fix any 'hardcoded' issues.
I think he means, how to play for example Temple of Xian (as first level) and The Deck (as second).......

We know how to do this, the problem is that you can't use the detonator from Bartoli's Hideout inside a Venice base file or a random trapdoor inside of the Dragon's Lair file. All these specific objects do only work if they were ment to be inside the original base file. If you want the underwater flow to work in your level you have to use a base file with the underwater flow(40 Fathoms, Temple of Xian......)
Some kind of triggers are hardcoded inside the base files and work only with these base files.
thewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-18, 13:03   #39
noonbob

Looks really good. I love TR2 Mod levels.
noonbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-18, 18:01   #40
Danath

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by noonbob View Post
Looks really good. I love TR2 Mod levels.
Thank you!

I have up to 80% of this done, gameplay and object placement is not fully done though. I will be completing the layout for what i have done up to now, texture and light it, and i will post some screenshots.
Only one more path for the level to be completed, i'm liking it now that i see the whole thing together.

Edit: Nearly had a panic attack yesterday, the level started crashing when trying to load it and couldn't figure out why, and the last copy of the project was from many days before!. Turns out i had a static object with an ID above 49, and you can only use values ranging from 0 to 49 for statics. Fexmerger saved my butt because it told me about wrong static ID.
Never thought i would have a problem with statics quantity on a TR2 level. On one specific room i had crashes because i was using too many statics! ( wooden beams ).

Last edited by Danath; 11-03-18 at 19:18.