Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Shadow of the Tomb Raider

Old 04-09-19, 17:23   #4801
VictorXD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaskito View Post

Simply put: if he was, he would be in a big legal trouble for the leaks.

Plus, datamining is something common, and if it's possible to do, it's because EM didn't encrypt the data before making it public, and anyone who knows how to datamine, can get the same info he got from Steam's files
Would he though? He didn't leak anything new or relevant after the datamined info.

I don't see why would he get in trouble for stating very obvious info we previously had.
VictorXD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-19, 17:28   #4802
tomee

Quote:
He didn't say he played it - he said he saw it (which I HIIIIIGHHLYT doubt).

Regarding the PS update, I don't think you can datamine console stuff (unsure of this).
Mortal Kombat 11 had tons of leaks from the Nintendo Switch version for example. I don't think it's so far fetched to datamine something from Xbox or Playstation, especially if the devs carelessly didn't encrypt it properly and just assumed nobody would snoop.

Saying he saw it could still mean he played it. I don't know what his exact words were, but he could've been implying that he liked what he saw [when playing it]. Alternatively, maybe he didn't play it, but is in contact with other dataminers who know even more than him and helped him get the info.

I don't know, call me naive, but his history record makes me trust him. What good would lying do for him, seriously?
tomee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-19, 17:29   #4803
SpyrosMonster

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictorXD View Post
Would he though? He didn't leak anything new or relevant after the datamined info.

I don't see why would he get in trouble for stating very obvious info we previously had.
He would've been under an NDA if he was a beta tester. Rise's DLC also got leaked this way by someone else. It's not beta testing.

Quote:
He didn't say he played it - he said he saw it (which I HIIIIIGHHLYT doubt).

Regarding the PS update, I don't think you can datamine console stuff (unsure of this).

Simply put: if he was, he would be in a big legal trouble for the leaks.

Plus, datamining is something common, and if it's possible to do, it's because EM didn't encrypt the data before making it public, and anyone who knows how to datamine, can get the same info he got from Steam's files
But you base this after your own assumptions. That's not really relevant.
Also, you can datamine console stuff.

Datamining is common, everyone knows that but I don't see why the sudden effort to undermine it (pun intended) comes into play here.
Gh0stblade was the first to gain access to them because EM didn't delete them before publicizing an update.. I don't see the harm in this?

Last edited by SpyrosMonster; 04-09-19 at 17:32.
SpyrosMonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-19, 17:59   #4804
Vaskito

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpyrosMonster View Post
He would've been under an NDA if he was a beta tester. Rise's DLC also got leaked this way by someone else. It's not beta testing.

But you base this after your own assumptions. That's not really relevant.
Also, you can datamine console stuff.

Datamining is common, everyone knows that but I don't see why the sudden effort to undermine it (pun intended) comes into play here.
Gh0stblade was the first to gain access to them because EM didn't delete them before publicizing an update.. I don't see the harm in this?
I don't see the harm in it either.
I'm simply clarifying the leaks being from datamining vs leaks being from being a beta tester - if he was the later, we would not be leaking stuff for obvious reasons that you stated - NDA
Vaskito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-19, 18:05   #4805
Gh0stBlade

Quote:
I love how common sense is treated over here.
I know right

Cheers.
Gh0stBlade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-19, 18:06   #4806
MissJodieG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gh0stBlade View Post
I know right

Cheers.
Are you a Beta Tester?
MissJodieG is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-19, 18:07   #4807
SpyrosMonster

Quote:
I don't see the harm in it either.
I'm simply clarifying the leaks being from datamining vs leaks being from being a beta tester - if he was the later, we would not be leaking stuff for obvious reasons that you stated - NDA
Great! The only odd thing was your certainty that gh0stblade specifically knows nothing about DLC8, that's why I said what I said.
Glad we're on the same page then.
Old 04-09-19, 18:10   #4808
Vaskito

Quote:
Great! The only odd thing was your certainty that gh0stblade specifically knows nothing about DLC8, that's why I said what I said.
Glad we're on the same page then.
I didn't say that he didn't know anything about DLC8 - I mean, it's obvious he knows, if he was one of the data miners.

What I said was that I highly doubt he has actually seen it in action. I'm skeptical about it, not in a shady way
Old 04-09-19, 18:15   #4809
SpyrosMonster

Quote:
I didn't say that he didn't know anything about DLC8 - I mean, it's obvious he knows, if he was one of the data miners.

What I said was that I highly doubt he has actually seen it in action. I'm skeptical about it, not in a shady way
Well if he knows about it then wouldn't it be pretty safe to assume that DLC8 files could've been datamined?
You know, since that has been his stable source of information?
Old 04-09-19, 18:22   #4810
Vaskito

Quote:
Well if he knows about it then wouldn't it be pretty safe to assume that DLC8 files could've been datamined?
You know, since that has been his stable source of information?
I think you're missing my point.

Datamining doesn't necessarily mean playing it. Datamining is getting the written information from the files, and make something out of the mess that those are. Obviously, in some cases there can be tools that allow some form of play-testing it, but it doubt it in SOTTRs case

For example, in WoW, when there's a new patch being deployed to test realms, its content is datamined before people even have a chance to actually play it - this happens as soon as the content/files of such patches are made public in a server to download. In WoW's case, sometimes they have the patch content in servers, but its encrypted and impossible to download - so, in TR case, if EM wanted to, we would never get leaks, if they did something of the kind