Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > General Chat

Old 04-11-21, 14:06   #161
DragonSlayer

Video game streamer named Squid Game suffers abuse and lost work over name
https://metro.co.uk/2021/11/03/strea...name-15535277/

All the info is in the link long story short she was accused of stealing the name Squid Game from the TV show.
DragonSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-21, 15:18   #162
Rai

Well she claims to have been using the name for 10 years so it's unfair she's now getting abuse over it. She also shouldn't have to change it.
Rai is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-21, 23:33   #163
FanosCroft

marvel avengers as a gaas game
FanosCroft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-21, 19:16   #164
DragonSlayer

I saw an item on the news a while ago about banned items in Airports like meat cleavers, knuckle dusters, hunting knives, power tools, toy guns, imitation swords, hurleys, spanners, gift sets and meat shredders among the items being removed from passengers hand luggage on a daily basis.

That's not what's dumb what is dumb is that snow globes of all things are on the list of banned items but didn't say why snow globes were on the list.

It's dumb decisions like banning snow globes that makes me want to say stop the planet I want to get off.

A Google search for the news item I saw on TV came up empty.

It said in the item that Airport security are also seeing a significant increase in the number of liquids being left at security gates in order for passengers to continue their journey including bottles of whiskey and oversized containers of cosmetics which is enough to fill 15 wheelie bins at the Airport every day, I wonder how many wheelie bins all the stuff at the top of this post would fill, Airports must have an entire fleet of wheelie bins for stuff that is surrendered.

The next time a terrorist is passing through an Airport with a bag full of weapons and a snow globe, let's see what item security staff will ask him to surrender.

Last edited by DragonSlayer; 24-11-21 at 19:18.
Old 24-11-21, 19:48   #165
Gabi
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonSlayer View Post

That's not what's dumb what is dumb is that snow globes of all things are on the list of banned items but didn't say why snow globes were on the list.

It's dumb decisions like banning snow globes that makes me want to say stop the planet I want to get off.
It's not that hard to work out: your average snow globe contains more than the allowed 100 ml of liquid in one container that is allowed to be carried in hand luggage.
It also might be difficult to squeeze it into the little bag.
Gabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-21, 17:15   #166
Yeauxleaux

It might also need to be emphasised to put it in your suitcase rather than hand luggage because a lot of people buy snow globes as souvenirs whilst travelling. It's obviously common enough to be worth highlighting, so people don't have to end up throwing out something they paid money for and that might be sentimental.
Yeauxleaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-21, 14:57   #167
DragonSlayer

I saw it in one of today's newspapers that an Australian council is calling for a strict ban on all cats being outdoors unless they are on a lead.

Whoever is calling for the ban clearly has no knowledge of cats, cats will resist having a lead put on them and all that will happen is people being scratched and bitten by any cat that resists being put on a lead.

I've only ever seen one cat that didn't mind being on a lead as he's a nervous cat who gets spooked easily and if something spooked him he could easily run out in front of a car it's better for him that he's on a lead he's mostly an indoor cat but he does like to go out sometimes.
Old 03-12-21, 22:58   #168
DragonSlayer

Forza Horizon 5 player banned for 7,978 years over Kim Jong-Un livery
https://metro.co.uk/2021/12/01/forza...very-15696748/

Co-op game It Takes Two loses its trademark thanks to Take Two
https://metro.co.uk/2021/12/03/it-ta...-two-15712269/

It Takes Two is not the only thing being targeted by Take Two with everything from tattoo parlours, axe-throwing companies and music book brands being targeted for using the word rockstar in their names or brands
https://www.playstationtrophies.org/...-take-two.html

I saw it on the news a while ago that the parents of the school shooter in Michigan are each being charged with 4 counts of manslaughter, it didn't say much on the news so I'm wondering why they are being charged with manslaughter AFAIK the shooter acted alone.
Old 03-12-21, 23:27   #169
Pelagius

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonSlayer View Post
I saw it on the news a while ago that the parents of the school shooter in Michigan are each being charged with 4 counts of manslaughter, it didn't say much on the news so I'm wondering why they are being charged with manslaughter AFAIK the shooter acted alone.
Possibly they drove him across state borders, or something?
Pelagius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-21, 15:26   #170
DragonSlayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pelagius View Post
Possibly they drove him across state borders, or something?
Apparently they have been arrested because they bought him the gun that he used in the shooting, still it's unusual for the parents of a shooter to be arrested.

The Mass Effect Andromeda developers deciding not to release DLC for Mass Effect Andromeda and abandoning the game because of a few idiots online which about the game, why were they whining who knows probably because Commander Sheppard wasn't the main character or whatever lame reason they criticised the game for.

MEA is a good game despite what the detractors say and they should have tried it first instead of thrashing it before it was released.

The same thing could be said about Terminator Genisys which was unfairly harshly criticised prior to release, a bunch of idiots on GTAforums thrashed the movie I was the only one there that defended Terminator Genisys saying that I wasn't going to judge it without seeing it, someone there didn't like what I was saying and replied saying there's always one like you isn't there I replied if by that you mean someone who doesn't prejudge something without having seen it first and is capable of deciding for himself then yes there is at least I'm not like the rest of the Lemmings in this topic.

Cyberpunk 2077 on some types of PS4 is a disaster and yet it hasn't as far as I can tell hasn't gotten anywhere near as much criticism as MEA did.

The MEA developers should have followed the example of the No Man's Sky developers, they didn't cut and run at the first sign of criticism instead they listened to the criticism and improved the game with several updates.