www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Community Forums > Video-Games, Consoles and Related Discussions

Old 10-08-20, 22:01   #3201
SnatchingEdges
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valentino View Post
Trueeee DAT! ................ Everyone thinks because they did their BTEC media studies or their english literature that everything, and I mean everything has to follow some similar skeleton in storytelling..
You didn't need to scalp them so hard

I truly hate that, some people watched a couple of CinemaSins videos and then think they're capable enough to dissect any narrative and apply the same rules to every context. This hits home cuz I've been in Narrative, Media and Cinema classes and the amount of students trashing every plot and then their own stories repeat the same mistakes and patterns while being the epitome of mediocrity and pretension...
Old 10-08-20, 22:27   #3202
DragonSlayer
Relic Hunter

Single player grounded mode DLC incoming, release date unknown it has two trophies.

Dig Two Graves - complete the story on Grounded

You Can't Stop This - complete the story with any permadeath setting

The two parts that I can think of right now that might cause me trouble on grounded is the sniper section with Abby and her friend and Abby versus the infected hybrid in the hospital.
DragonSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-20, 01:06   #3203
sackboy123
Tomb Raider

I really was hoping Grounded Mode wouldn't return, it was torture having to do that. At least there's no New Game Plus Grounded too
Old 11-08-20, 12:35   #3204
Mani_Man
Professor

I dont want to bring the topic up again, but i found out yesterday that i probably only got half of the whole "buhu abbys muscles" whining.

I just found out that people actually found in the game Abbys workout schedule and decided to do some deep research to find out that its not possible for her to look the way she does with that.

And im just sitting here baffled because of how dumb this actually is.
We get tons of buff male characters in the most desolated game worlds where ressources and all is barely existing.
Yet only when its about a female, some find it not believable?

I mean when was the last time people questioned a buff male video game characters body proportions in some post apocalyptic world?
When was the last time people thought that a male characters look seemed forced or unnatural?

I absolutly cant remember people ever doubting that a male video game character could have the physic he has...period.
Mani_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-20, 13:14   #3205
DragonSlayer
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sackboy123 View Post
I really was hoping Grounded Mode wouldn't return, it was torture having to do that. At least there's no New Game Plus Grounded too
I loved grounded and grounded plus on the first game bloaters were the only infected that caused me the most trouble.

Most parts weren't too difficult like the sniper in the suburbs, I timed ducking behind a wrecked car with the sniper opening fire so that I wouldn't get hit it worked most of the time.

There is a useful glitch that it appears has been patched for the PS4 version but still works on the PS3 version that makes all but 4 of the infected in Salt Lake City disappear, just before you enter the tunnel with the infected climb onto the truck but don't jump down into the tunnel straight away instead go back the way you came and into the sunlight at the top of the slope going into the tunnel, then go back and jump down into the tunnel there should be no infected in the immediate vicinity of Joel and Ellie, there will be 3 infected in a side room that can be killed with chokeholds and a clicker behind a locked gate that can be easily killed, using the glitch can save some very much needed resources for the final level.

On one of my grounded playthroughs for the heck of it I decided to creep past every single infected it was so tense creeping past the bloaters hoping that they wouldn't become aware of my presence.
DragonSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-20, 13:59   #3206
sackboy123
Tomb Raider

At least the aiming glitch still works in TLOU2, if you aim your gun and walk around, Clickers won't hear you. This saved me so much hassle in the first game on Grounded
Old 11-08-20, 14:08   #3207
SrDanielPonces
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sackboy123 View Post
At least the aiming glitch still works in TLOU2, if you aim your gun and walk around, Clickers won't hear you. This saved me so much hassle in the first game on Grounded
pls elaborate, i wanna abuse this bug but idk what's the advantage there lmao
SrDanielPonces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-20, 14:21   #3208
sackboy123
Tomb Raider

As long as you don't walk in front of the Clicker then you won't be detected. Just crouch walking normally, you still make noise. But if you aim your gun then you make 0% noise, you also move faster if you have the player upgrade
Old 11-08-20, 15:41   #3209
lance6439
Legend

is this timeline accurate?
Old 11-08-20, 15:57   #3210
Quebsenuef
Tomb Raider

Location: In Rafe Adler's Arms|Gender: Pyramid Head|Superpower: Dirty Tricks Mode|Color: I'm Freakin' Gray

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mani_Man View Post
I dont want to bring the topic up again, but i found out yesterday that i probably only got half of the whole "buhu abbys muscles" whining.

I just found out that people actually found in the game Abbys workout schedule and decided to do some deep research to find out that its not possible for her to look the way she does with that.

And im just sitting here baffled because of how dumb this actually is.
We get tons of buff male characters in the most desolated game worlds where ressources and all is barely existing.
Yet only when its about a female, some find it not believable?

I mean when was the last time people questioned a buff male video game characters body proportions in some post apocalyptic world?
When was the last time people thought that a male characters look seemed forced or unnatural?

I absolutly cant remember people ever doubting that a male video game character could have the physic he has...period.
Yeah, if people are too hung up on Abby and her muscles.. they’ll never get the core part of the game and the story it’s supposed to tell. It’s a shame some gamers are just so dumb about this.