Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Level Editor and Modding > Tomb Raider Modding > XNALara

Old 08-11-20, 21:16   #81
tlr online
Tomb Raider Forums

If you get joy from GLLara then I say go for it. Keeping those skills sharp might prove useful in the future.
tlr online is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-20, 21:48   #82
Cochrane
Golden

On the Version 0.2.10 is out at https://github.com/cochrane/GLLara/releases/tag/v0.2.10

This contains one single bugfix (and some minor behind-the-scenes stuff) that I've had ready for months, but I couldn't release it because Apple now requires (well, strongly encourages) you to upload all software to them first so they can check it for known malware, and if it's clear, digitally sign it and declare it safe. There's good and bad things to this concept, but the upload just plain didn't work on my computer for months. Turns out I had to delete a very obscure old folder to get it all running again. Weird.

Edit to add: Oh wait, I just realised that this version also makes the app run natively on the new ARM-based Macs. Since I don't have one of those, I can't actually test that, so I'm just going to assume it's all good…

Last edited by Cochrane; 26-11-20 at 21:55.
Cochrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-20, 05:14   #83
XNAaraL

Default the route is the goal --- the path of greatness is different for everyone

What is in my mind:

- Using Metal
- No backwards compatibility with all the models that GLLara could use (provide a external tool for converting meshes)

Sure it is true, nobody cares about ...
but if you like a challenge, then do it.
XNAaraL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-20, 08:36   #84
Cochrane
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by XNAaraL View Post
- No backwards compatibility with all the models that GLLara could use (provide a external tool for converting meshes)
Nah, if I can write an external tool to convert the meshes, then I can just as well integrate that tool into the main app. Otherwise I know I'd keep getting comments that all go, "I can't put this file in this app". I mean, you could argue that that's better than getting no feedback at all, but I think not really. Especially since I then always have to spend a few days sending messages back and forth to figure out which model they mean, and then the model is literally always some stupid ugly fighting game stuff if I'm lucky, and horrible nsfw if I'm not.

Edit to add: I recently found out that I can see how many people have downloaded the app from Github, by going to https://api.github.com/repos/cochrane/GLLara/releases and then going through the JSON content and searching for "download_count". It seems like the latest version has 21 downloads already, even though I've hardly advertised that it exists, and that other versions have more than 1k, one even more than 2k downloads. Who are these people? What are they doing with the app? I genuinely expected the numbers to be at most a tenth of that.

Last edited by Cochrane; 03-12-20 at 10:04.
Old 03-12-20, 12:32   #85
XNAaraL

Thumbs up

Not that bad.

nice finding:
Quote:
Originally Posted by https://api.github.com/repos/cochrane/GLLara/releases
"With this release, the app now runs natively on the new M1 Macs with Apple Silicon. I don't have one of those myself, so this is untested. If you run into any issues, just run the app in Rosetta.

Other than that, this is mostly a very minor update that fixes issues with model files containing bones that have themselves set as their own parent."

download_count 21
created_at "2020-11-26T21:35:11Z"
updated_at "2020-11-26T21:57:13Z"
browser_download_url "https://github.com/cochrane/GLLara/releases/download/v0.2.10/GLLara-v0.2.10.zip"

Last edited by XNAaraL; 03-12-20 at 12:34.
XNAaraL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-21, 14:53   #86
Cochrane
Golden

Version 0.2.11 is out! Get it at https://github.com/cochrane/GLLara/releases/tag/v0.2.11

This fixes two bugs. First of all, the "Shadeless" shader wasn't working anymore since some refactoring. The other issue is that TGA files with an all-zero alpha channel weren't being loaded properly, for complicated reasons that I've explained in a blog post.

I am thinking about doing more work on this app, just for fun; my main interest right now is glTF support. But it's also possible that I'll loose interest soon, so I figured I'd push out these bug fixes as their own release ahead of any potentially problematic feature updates.