Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > General Chat

Closed Thread

Old 14-12-20, 14:19   #21
LateRaider
Inactive

i mean im with you guys... i liked bagz. i used his walkthrus all the time and his cutscene footage was always really good. its just that this is what has been happening that i heard from a friend of mine, who was close with bagz's community
Old 14-12-20, 15:05   #22
Love2Raid

Damn I feel really old and out of the loop.
Old 14-12-20, 15:29   #23
_Awestruck_

This is really sad and concerning. I’ve always been a fan of Matt, but as of late I’ve truly been obsessed with his channel and the explosions series. Hope this isn’t permanent because he’s really been a pretty consistent form of entertainment for me recently.
Old 14-12-20, 15:42   #24
PedroTheGamer

there are points that I don’t agree with or that I find strange in this story, one that he disappears without notice, that he wants to leave the channel to focus on his real life, which is not a problem I’ve seen channels do this here in my country, something else and the fact that he deleted all his accounts, youtube, twitter, twitch, I found this a little strange, because it is a community of years, and he simply deletes everything and disappears from the map? so? what is the reason about that? What worries me most are the theories that people are creating around this, because he disappeared before yesterday morning and so far nothing about, but my point of view and that he was not well mentally to be honest in one of his lives he was very serious and was not interacting with the chat and with anyone just attacking for donations or subscribes or who gave fallow, it happened in the BLINFOLDED of TR1 and look that 2 years ago in January he said that his channel did not show or if there was no more public he would delete everything and disappear from the map, (that really happened) who saw it, can that be the reason? because the BL1FOLDED of TR1 was giving visualization, as for example in the Palaces of midas it was when I last saw 1.2k then and a lot he should be happy. but I think it’s just my opinion of what really happened.
Old 14-12-20, 22:12   #25
michel7002

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroTheGamer View Post
there are points that I don’t agree with or that I find strange in this story, one that he disappears without notice, that he wants to leave the channel to focus on his real life, which is not a problem I’ve seen channels do this here in my country, something else and the fact that he deleted all his accounts, youtube, twitter, twitch, I found this a little strange, because it is a community of years, and he simply deletes everything and disappears from the map? so? what is the reason about that? What worries me most are the theories that people are creating around this, because he disappeared before yesterday morning and so far nothing about, but my point of view and that he was not well mentally to be honest in one of his lives he was very serious and was not interacting with the chat and with anyone just attacking for donations or subscribes or who gave fallow, it happened in the BLINFOLDED of TR1 and look that 2 years ago in January he said that his channel did not show or if there was no more public he would delete everything and disappear from the map, (that really happened) who saw it, can that be the reason? because the BL1FOLDED of TR1 was giving visualization, as for example in the Palaces of midas it was when I last saw 1.2k then and a lot he should be happy. but I think it’s just my opinion of what really happened.
For as far as I am aware things were going relatively well concerning his channels, Twitch ànd YouTube. On Twitch he has 600+ monthly subscribers, and he has reached his 'weekly donation goal' (necessary to do streams on a full-time basis) rather easily in the past period (a six week streak if I remember correctly) [there was a lot of support for him on Twitch]. Also, he had a lot of fun with TR1 Blindfolded, and this series was also quite popular on YouTube. Just a couple of days ago, when I watched Explosions on YouTube, I saw quite a lot of nice comments, and somebody was saying that he/she loved watching Explosions and did not want it to end, to which Matt replied that he/she should not worry and that even if he would quit with his Explosions series, there would still be tons of videos coming out on YouTube (i.e. he was nowhere near catching up). Sunday 6-12 I partially watched the Explosions stream where he did a low-score TRLE and nothing was up in these segments - he and the chat had fun with it.

I know that Matt wanted to broaden his channel&audience beyond Tomb Raider and that he was a bit sad that this did not really work out (his other non-TR streams did attract as much attention as he would have liked), but this has been the case for years and would not be something to suddenly close all of his accounts for. I strongly believe that Matt would especially never close his YouTube account - he was quite proud of all of his walkthroughs (which costed a lot of time&effort to produce) and removing the channel and thereby losing his 'life work' is not at thing he would ever do. The fact that he actually did that worries me a lot. I totally do not believe any of the accounts I read with explanations for his sudden disappearance (but no disrespect to LateRaider or others). I have seen a crazy amount of videos and streams of his, and sure he is no saint (who is, really?), but based on these I strongly believe that Matt would never live on somebody elses money, or attack people on basis of race, sexual orientation or anything. He talked a lot about the importance of respecting other people (and their opinions), and stressed not to talk about sensitive topics in chat (keep a positive vibe). Maybe a joke of him backfired, there was a silly misunderstanding, or somebody got offended by something (usually small) (his streams, his rules) [that happened sometimes], but he has always managed to solve these issues. But for him to delete all his social media, Twitch, and especially YouTube with all of his walkthroughs (knowing that he put in so much time&effort into making them), there has to be something very serious going on. I hope he is alright, since him deleting everything (and so sudden!) is a very bad sign... I totally get that one could really need a break from streaming/YouTube at some point, but then a short message would suffice or just not uploading/streaming anymore if even posting that message is too much (due to a breakdown/burn-out), but instead putting a lot of effort in deleting ALL of your online accounts (basically disappearing everywhere and taking everything down with you, without notice)? That's worrysome, a huge red flag, and makes me think of the worst. I really, really hope that's not the case...

Last edited by michel7002; 14-12-20 at 22:21.
Old 14-12-20, 23:48   #26
charmedangelin

Whatever happened it was very serious to do this. It's sad because he got me into TRLE. I had no idea people were making custom levels until I saw his videos.

I also liked his classic resident evil videos, he always had nice commentary, he will be missed.
Old 14-12-20, 23:49   #27
jonathanrij

Delete.

Last edited by jonathanrij; 12-01-21 at 17:33.
Old 15-12-20, 01:27   #28
michel7002

I don't really get that. I admit I only watched his TR streams, and there definitely was one Saturday when he was not there in the past few weeks, while the other days he always streamed - Blindfolded on Thursday (he really seemed to enjoy those, and he even managed to complete these difficult levels (blindfolded!) rather quickly too) and Friday, TR1 No Loads, No Meds on Saturday, and Explosions on Sunday. I don't think he missed out on a lot of those streams, so I don't think it was fair to 'attack' him or approach him in a rude way. In my opinion, supporting a streamer does not mean that you have the right to make high demands of him/her. Just be glad that he/she streams and provides you the free entertainment; you do not have to support him/her with money. But: clear and polite communication (also about promises you cannot keep) is important, also from his side. I can imagine that he gets annoyed by some people and vice versa (this just happens from time to time, also before when he did not stream full-time and just once or twice a week), but I cannot imagine this would get to him so much that he would delete everything including all his precious walkthrough videos (esp if you said it came from just one person - usually, he does not care much (or it seems that way) if one person is annoying, especially if he (after he thinks everything through) is sure that he is in the right). He said that if this full-streaming would not be working out money-wise, that he would return to his job / the old situation, maybe just Explosions on Sunday like he always did (or stop streaming at all, but knowing Matt this is very, very unlikely). But he would never, never delete his YouTube channel, I'm absolutely certain of that. Plus, I cannot see him lying about that weekly goal. And there are so many people that enjoy his content and post nice comments, on YouTube (every video mind you) and on Twitch, and sure, people come and go, and yeah from time to time there are annoyances with people (a minority) [like most full-time streamers have], but there are so, so many others, others that he now leaves behind & in the dark. And his Twitch has never been more successful (over 600 subs, while not that long ago he did not had that many, relatively speaking), so it has to be more than this.

All in all, it's a very strange situation. It really suprised me, it's a very unexpected move. I read somewhere that he is fine (but I do not know if I can believe the people who say this), but I hope he himself will give a sign of life some day, since this is not cool to suddenly disappear and leave everyone worrying.

[About that video: I know of this situation, I was there. It was about the use of the nitro in TR4, whether it is necessary to obtain or not (in order to avoid unnecessary level transitions in which your health is restored, which is kind of a cheat if you use it unnecessarily for No Loads, No Meds). Matt, I, and others were certain that it would be possible to do it without getting the nitro, but that it would be very difficult and would take a lot of trying and failing (time). Some people though were sure that it would not be possible, were annoyed by the fact that Matt took so much time trying and figuring it out, while they wanted to see other stuff or did not care at all, and kept mentioning it/beating him with it, until he got fed up with all 'negative' comments - his reaction is strong, I admit, but if you ask me, but he definitely had/has a point: it is his stream, and he should do things, the way he wants, viewers/subscribers can give their opinion, but ultimately it's his stream, his rules, and if you don't like them, then you can just choose to leave or drop the 'controversial' subject - that's just the way it is, and similiar (usually minor) things have occurred all the time the past years (I have seen a lot of these during Explosions)).]
Old 06-01-21, 07:23   #29
Merovingian

Just wanna say I really liked his commented walkthroughs,
and I learned long time ago, that everything what is available on internet can one day disappear for good.

Some time ago I downloaded his TR3 [No meds] and TR4 [No meds] walkthroughs (each approx. 9-10GB, highest available quality).
I won't upload them on youtube, but if someone want them for personal collection I can upload them on mega.

If you are interested PM me, mega link I won't share publicly.

Last edited by Merovingian; 09-01-21 at 12:39.
Old 06-01-21, 14:19   #30
l3igl3oss

I'm sorry to ask, but what is the best way to download Youtube videos? Best or safest, if any. Thanks in advance.
Closed Thread