Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider III > The Lost Artifact

Old 27-11-18, 20:45   #11
Patrick Shannon

Indeed it does. But the questions remain: why was the effect needed or wanted in the first place? Why is it so obviously-constructed, with that revealing vertical limit? I still think it's some kind of builder's error, the kind of quirk that makes the classics so much fun to explore.
Patrick Shannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-18, 21:05   #12
The Great Chi
The Inscrutable One

You are right Patrick. At the end of the day it really does not affect the gameplay of the game if the screen was there or not.

I think the builders wanted the lucky heather to be spotted easily, and by putting a large flickering (but unrealistic, showing the edges) screen there, highlighted that area for you to go and explore there.

Mind you as said in earlier comments on this thread, the significance of lucky heather, especially lucky white heather was wasted on most players, as they did not know its significance to Scotland's lore.

We have to remember that these Scotland levels were all about Scotland's traditions, mysteries, monsters and lore

Anyway, that's my best guess
The Great Chi is offline   Reply With Quote