www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Community Forums > General Chat > Arts and Entertainment

Old 14-11-21, 00:19   #39661
JsotoTRSaga
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarleyCroft View Post
Omg I love some of the Child's Play/Chucky movies
Quick rundown of the plot plz?
You need to check it out ASAP!
It's the best TV series ever! It has been rated 90% by Rotten Tomatoes as well. The plot picks up right after the latest movie Cult of Chucky. The most fascinating thing about this series is that the canon is untouched. Everything that happened from the first movie in the 80's till now it is all canon. No single detail is retconned or misplaced. The story of the tv series begins 2 weeks after the events of Cult. As a Chucky doll appears on a yard sale on Hackensack New Jersey, a boy buys it and suddenly all hell breaks lose. It's got a lot of character development and the main character is actually well written. Every major character from the past makes a comeback in this series and their story is told in a way that does not feel forced rather a natural progression to the story. Exactly what you would expect, go check it out, you won't regret it.

Last edited by JsotoTRSaga; 14-11-21 at 00:24.
JsotoTRSaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-21, 01:03   #39662
Rai

Nine Perfect Strangers, Nicole Kidman, Melissa McCarthy, an Amazon Prime series. Nine people arrive at Tranquillum House, a wellness retreat ran by the mysterious Masha, where the treatments are rather unorthodox and could push them over the edge.

I enjoyed it. I had no idea if I would, it's a bit different from what I usually watch. Each of the nine people are broken in their own ways, dealing with life's difficulties such as grief, mental health issues etc. There's only one season and I'm not sure how it would continue exactly. The actors were top notch and the characters are all likeable in their own unique ways, but it wasn't just a case of liking them instantly, I mean, they grew on me. They're believable characters with their own faults and hang ups.

Last edited by Rai; 14-11-21 at 01:04.
Rai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-21, 01:38   #39663
Vinkula
Legend

Keeping Up Appearances

Seasons 1 and 2.
Going through all of the episodes again.

Love Ms. Bouquet!
Old 17-11-21, 03:06   #39664
Rai

Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone in celebration of the 20th anniversary of the cinema release.
Old 24-11-21, 21:26   #39665
bublehed
Student

Netflix's Daredevil - Season 1

9/10

Recently I finished the first season of the show for the very first time, and I must give my hot-take here:

This show is everything the Disney+ Marvel series SHOULD aim to be!

This show tackles things MUCH better and in a more nuanced way than I've ever even seen done in the MCU. The characterization is thought-out and realistic, and unlike the Disney+ or theatrical releases, it never feels manufactured or forced. The downside is...

...the show for sure has a much lower budget than the "official" Disney spin-offs, to the point of being overly campy during some action sequences. Honestly though, I'm willing to overlook this because of how amazingly put together everything else is!

Absolutely recommend it if you want something Marvel-related, but are getting super fatigued from the same old formula!

Last edited by bublehed; 24-11-21 at 21:28.
bublehed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-21, 03:31   #39666
Tombcool
Professor

Resident Evil: Welcome to Raccoon City

It was ok, a lot of scenes made me laugh. They made Leon a complete clown, basically a pretty face with no brain.
Tombcool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-21, 03:53   #39667
HarleyCroft
Archaeologist

Omg JsotoTRSaga I just watched the first episode of Chucky and you were so right!! ♡♡

Bublehed, I'm glad you're enjoying Daredevil, I sure did The season 2 episode Seven Minutes in Heaven is unbelievable, I still randomly watch it time to time
Old 28-11-21, 01:21   #39668
xdesperado_
Archaeologist

Candyman (1992)

Still one of the greatest horror movies ever made. I have yet to see the 2021 version.
xdesperado_ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-21, 02:31   #39669
Rai

Little Women, 2019. Laura Dern, Saoirse Ronan and Emma Watson. I've never read the book or seen any other adaptation before. It's a very sweet story with likable characters and a compelling story. I was a little confused at first as it jumps from different times in the lives of the March family, but once I got used to that, it was very enjoyable.
Old 28-11-21, 17:10   #39670
JsotoTRSaga
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarleyCroft View Post
Omg JsotoTRSaga I just watched the first episode of Chucky and you were so right!! ♡♡
I'm glad you enjoyed! The season finale is next week, I can't wait!! I have so many theories in my head now. I hope that instead of a season 2 they make a new movie, an ultimate showdown like a Chucky Endgame or something.

Last edited by JsotoTRSaga; 28-11-21 at 17:12.
JsotoTRSaga is offline   Reply With Quote