Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Franchise > Tomb Raider Motion Pictures, Shows and Shorts

Old 19-03-23, 22:26   #3621
HarleyCroft

^that pic is adorable
And dorkiness aside, shows that there is a lot of potential for Lara. Nice one
HarleyCroft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-23, 22:44   #3622
Tonyrobinson

She even does her own stunts!

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/8p7Jc2XB61M

Last edited by Tonyrobinson; 19-03-23 at 22:46.
Tonyrobinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-23, 23:14   #3623
Mr. Mr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AimlessThunder View Post
If only she was ten years younger.. She still would make a nice Lara though.

I could see them going for her if they wanted to release a limited TV series, but if they want to go for the blockbuster route then a younger candidate would be preferred.

And no she's not old. She's only 40, but she would be in her 50's by the time they would make a trilogy for example.
I'm in love.
Mr. Mr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-23, 19:24   #3624
HarleyCroft

Welsh singer Marina Diamandis was once described in YouTube comments as "having the body of a female Mortal Kombat character" and I agree

She's not an actress but I think she has a really attractive spark to her (and kind of looks like fan favourite Hayley)

Old 20-03-23, 19:54   #3625
PinkyPromise

Respectfully...... luckily no one on this forum is in charge of casting. TV actresses, singers, B-series actresses... ufff.

I want the best for Lara.
PinkyPromise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-23, 19:55   #3626
HarleyCroft

^Welp, I'm glad you're not in charge either
Old 20-03-23, 20:18   #3627
.snake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xavecroft View Post
It went viral in Facebook an IA generated
Hayley atwell as Lara croft
Quote:
Originally Posted by AimlessThunder View Post
If only she was ten years younger.. She still would make a nice Lara though.

I could see them going for her if they wanted to release a limited TV series, but if they want to go for the blockbuster route then a younger candidate would be preferred.

And no she's not old. She's only 40, but she would be in her 50's by the time they would make a trilogy for example.
Wow she looks incredible. I know it's only AI art, but it's totally achievable for her to have this body as well. Plus, movie magic. If they can use CGI to enhance the physiques of all the men in '300' or Chris Hemsworth as Thor, then there's no reason they can't do this for a female action hero. I just worry that Crystal don't want to go down this sexy-Lara route anymore... at least, they didn't in the last movie, and while still pretty she was just "normal". Lara should look somewhat enhanced and like a fantasy.

People forget that Angelina was a self-described "scrawny geek" when she was offered the role of Lara, and they made her bulk up, put her through rigorous training and probably gave her some "supplements" like all Hollywood actors take for action movie roles. Plus, it's common knowledge now that (while she was always well-endowed) she did wear a padded bra for playing Lara.

I totally think Hayley could pull this off and develop a physique like this and she's busty to begin with. The important things here are her face, her voice, her accent, and her charisma to embody Lara and she's got all of those under her belt.

I remember seeing her for the first time in 'Pillars of the Earth' years ago and thinking back then "This girl would be an amazing younger Lara Croft" - it's a shame she wasn't jumped on sooner. I worry that because of her age now, the sexism and ageism in Hollywood will affect who they cast for Lara in the next movie. I still think an older Lara would be amazing though. Hopefully her talent as the voice-of-Lara isn't lost in the Netflix anime if it ends up being mediocre or a horrible road-trip-with-friends subject matter.

Last edited by .snake.; 20-03-23 at 20:20.
.snake. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-23, 20:43   #3628
HarleyCroft

Quote:
If they can use CGI to enhance the physiques of all the men in '300' or Chris Hemsworth as Thor, then there's no reason they can't do this for a female action hero
Yeah there are reasons. And stop trying to normalize juicing

Maybe it comes down to whether Hayley would be willing to spend months in the gym before filming.
Old 20-03-23, 21:31   #3629
Zebra

I mean, there are definitely worse choices but personally I don't really see it. Can't quite put my finger on it but there's just something about her face that is kinda un-Lara-like to me xD?
Zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-23, 21:36   #3630
HarleyCroft

^her brow bone and nostrils