Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider III

Old 17-06-20, 11:52   #41
fallenangle

Never heard that because when I play Crash Site its the T-Rex that croaks not LC. It does take what must be a thousand pistol rounds but its easy to do no scratch.

Its the raptors in the previous area that are the more dangerous opponents and I've yet to do that with just pistols keeping the soldier alive.
fallenangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-20, 22:43   #42
lance6439

These alpha images look cool as hell. Look like TR1 Lara with TR2 braid

lance6439 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-20, 08:44   #43
Lavender

I always liked the pink blood
Lavender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-20, 08:55   #44
Yeauxleaux

Quote:
Originally Posted by fallenangle View Post
Never heard that because when I play Crash Site its the T-Rex that croaks not LC. It does take what must be a thousand pistol rounds but its easy to do no scratch.

Its the raptors in the previous area that are the more dangerous opponents and I've yet to do that with just pistols keeping the soldier alive.
Yeah they made the raptors in particular so ridiculously OP in Crash Site. It's really quite cruel considering the Nevada level also strips all your guns and ammo away, and then this level also kind of does that by having you waste a huge portion of your resources on the raptors and T-Rex. It can make deciding which of the two levels to get out of the way first a bit of a dilemma.

I also suspect that being able to choose which order you play the levels in, while a cool idea, was added quite late in production. It seems to me that the order is supposed to go London - Nevada - South Pacific. Not so much based on the story, but more in terms of gameplay and how the difficulty ramps upwards in that order.
Yeauxleaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-20, 15:12   #45
fallenangle

That's not the order I randomly chose first time through, I've always play Nevada first and I've stuck to that in all my complete playthroughs ever since. London second.

I'm not entirely sure that Nevada is any harder than London. I think the difficulty in all the locations starts high in the first level and ramps up fairly evenly in each location.
Old 06-07-20, 16:44   #46
Yeauxleaux

Quote:
Originally Posted by fallenangle View Post
I'm not entirely sure that Nevada is any harder than London. I think the difficulty in all the locations starts high in the first level and ramps up fairly evenly in each location.
I'd say they're about on par in terms of enemy difficulty. Maybe I just perceive Nevada as being harder due to the weaponless HSC level and how many random instant death moments Area 51 has, though London isn't short on those either, the whole game has loads.

South Pacific is definitely the hardest of the three middle levels by quite some margin though, especially once you get past Coastal Village.
Yeauxleaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-20, 01:51   #47
fallenangle

I agree with that about the Coastal Village levels, first time through is very tough. The river section I usually enjoy now, but particular on the PS, first time when you do not know what's coming and where you're going exactly, with limited save crystals it is hugely frustrating.
Old 07-07-20, 04:54   #48
Heartache

isnt the game coded South Pacific, London, Nevada though? That's always the order the game shows its levels
Heartache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-20, 13:42   #49
fallenangle

No idea TBH. For me the first time through, on PS, by pure accident I did the Nevada first and halfway through its first level I did something I'd been thinking about throughout India: using the all items cheat to get 50 extra save crystals.

I disciplined myself not to use any of the extra weapons and as all the weapons are taken away at the start of the next level it all worked out perfectly.

Still tough even with the extra save opportunities particularly if going for the secrets.

But since then it has always been Nevada first for me then you can get over the weapon loss ASAP.

I've occasionally played the South Sea Islands before London. That does make a bit more sense as regards the start of Antarctica because of the helicopter but it actually a bit ridiculous in terms of the distances involved.

Logically the South Seas would be the last chosen level before Antarctica simply because of the geographic location. Likewise doing London first makes more travel sense, coming back from India, with Nevada as the second level. Also London would be the place she find more information about what happened to the sailors from The Beagle after they returned to to GB.
Old 07-07-20, 16:51   #50
Caesum

I think one thing TR3 could right was location diversity. India was bright and yellowish, it really felt like a warm welcome. London was totally the opposite, it felt dark and dangerous, full of mysteries (and questionable lighting choices LMAO). South Pacific was colorful, lush and massive. Antarctica was a mixture of both, but at the same time had somewhat of a horror setting (reminded me of the Thing). The only one I didn't really like was Nevada, but even then it was still very distinct in style.

This later followed to TR3Gold btw which is also varied, colorful and simply amazing.
Caesum is offline   Reply With Quote