Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Rise of the Tomb Raider

Old 17-08-21, 15:21   #1
Wayniiee1

Default Will we get 60fps and 4K upgrade for rise?

Hey everyone,

I don’t post much on here but I’m always on here I just wanted to ask if after shadow got a 60fps 4K patch on ps5 and Xbox do you think rise will get the same treatment?

Shadow looked amazing for me after the update on PS5 so if they also did this it would be amazing!
Wayniiee1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-21, 16:57   #2
xdesperado_

I do hope so, as this game also had three different visual modes you could choose from on PS4 Pro. I don't see why they wouldn't patch it. In fact I think Rise looks visually better than Shadow, but Shadow did a great job with colours and the HDR is pretty great.

I think a lot of companies are prioritising releasing patch upgrades for PS4 games that were released within the last 3-4 years. But Until Dawn (2015) received a 60fps boost for PS5.

Last edited by xdesperado_; 17-08-21 at 16:59.
xdesperado_ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-21, 19:06   #3
Wayniiee1

Quote:
Originally Posted by xdesperado_ View Post
I do hope so, as this game also had three different visual modes you could choose from on PS4 Pro. I don't see why they wouldn't patch it. In fact I think Rise looks visually better than Shadow, but Shadow did a great job with colours and the HDR is pretty great.

I think a lot of companies are prioritising releasing patch upgrades for PS4 games that were released within the last 3-4 years. But Until Dawn (2015) received a 60fps boost for PS5.
Same! And PS5 seems to render everything in HDR so I don’t think CD would need to implement it but who knows.

Only annoying this is they will probably just drop the update like they did with shadow so we won’t actually know if it’s coming or not until it drops.

Either way though I’ve been looking for a reason to play through rise again so hopefully this will happen.
Wayniiee1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-22, 14:53   #4
_Seth

Quote:
Originally Posted by xdesperado_ View Post

Because there's 3 modes it would be great if they patched it so you could tick 2 out of 3 at your choice, assuming all 3 enabled would be too much for the PS5. I would love to play 4K 60FPS. :'(
_Seth is offline   Reply With Quote