www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Community Forums > Video-Games, Consoles and Related Discussions

Old 21-06-21, 13:21   #1
DragonSlayer
Relic Hunter

Default Dead Space revival to be announced by EA

Dead Space revival to be announced by EA claims insider, all the info is in the link below.
https://metro.co.uk/2021/06/21/dead-...ider-14803628/

This is what Dead Space 4 would have been like.
https://www.playstationtrophies.org/...y-to-day-.html

Hopefully the mistakes made with Dead Space 3 won't be repeated like co-op and microtransactions and the multiplayer in Dead Space 2 that no-one wanted or asked for, at least DS2 multiplayer didn't have trophies which is the only good thing that can be said about it.

One other thing I don't want to see repeated in Dead Space, being limited to just 3 saves on the hardest difficulty, the hardest difficulty is already hard enough don't make it harder than it has to be, being limited to just 3 saves put me off playing on the highest difficulty level, one save at the wrong point in the game could easily mean having to restart from the beginning.

Make Dead Space scary again, no unnecessary AI character tagging along for large sections of the game.
DragonSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-21, 14:50   #2
Quebsenuef
Tomb Raider

Location: In Rafe Adler's Arms|Gender: Pyramid Head|Superpower: Dirty Tricks Mode|Color: I'm Freakin' Gray

Loved Dead Space 1, 2 felt forced, and 3 I didnít even bother with.

Itís done by EA so my hopes are lower than the Hive Mind as it collapsed into Aegis VII after Issac shot it to pieces before flying away
Old 21-06-21, 15:22   #3
killchan
Professor

so... more remasters?
Old 21-06-21, 16:26   #4
rewak
Professor

Just to clarify a few points, Jeff has never stated that it is Dead Space, just that it's a revival of an existing IP. Fans started the Dead Space part of the rumor He also said just a few weeks ago that it definitely wouldn't be at EA Play, and now he's saying it definitely will be. He has a habit of doing this, he kept saying Elden Rings reveal was happening at every gaming event for about a year. He also said the Switch Pro was going to be revealed at E3. Basically don't get your hopes up if Grubb is the only source. Eurogamer have corroborated that they too have heard there is a revival happening though but again, that's it. No mention of the specific game being revived.
rewak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-21, 16:55   #5
DragonSlayer
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quebsenuef View Post
Loved Dead Space 1, 2 felt forced, and 3 I didnít even bother with.

Itís done by EA so my hopes are lower than the Hive Mind as it collapsed into Aegis VII after Issac shot it to pieces before flying away
In what way did Dead Space 2 feel forced?

The only things forced about DS2 is the multiplayer and being unnecessarily restricted to 3 saves when playing on the highest difficulty level.

I love DS2.

4 of my favourite parts of DS2 that I can remember.

1 When roaming the corridors of The Sprawl coming across a screaming kid trapped in a washing machine who eventually stops screaming, either he or she drowned or a Necromorph somehow managed to get in and kill it, which is worse death by washing machine or death by Necromorph.

2 The spacedive enough said I liked doing this so much I killed myself on purpose a few times just so I could do it again.

3 Isaac walking past The Sprawls school for young kids and that woman picking up and hugging what she thought was a baby before the Necromorph exploded and blood covered the window.

4 Going back aboard the USG Ishimura.

Dead Space 3 should never have been released the way it was, they should have scrapped what they had already developed and restarted development from scratch and dropped the co-op and microtransactions and made a game that was scary and had only Isaac and Ellie in the game and no unnecessary third character tagging along for large sections of the game.
Old 21-06-21, 20:31   #6
Quebsenuef
Tomb Raider

Location: In Rafe Adler's Arms|Gender: Pyramid Head|Superpower: Dirty Tricks Mode|Color: I'm Freakin' Gray

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonSlayer View Post
In what way did Dead Space 2 feel forced?

The only things forced about DS2 is the multiplayer and being unnecessarily restricted to 3 saves when playing on the highest difficulty level.

I love DS2.
I agree with those points. The Multiplayer couldíve been fun but it looked and felt like it was designed in a weekend. Such an afterthought.

The things I think just felt forced were:
- Isaac can talk now. Typically gamers donít like silent protagonists. Itís weird for him to go from silent to talking in the sequel.

- The scare factor was turned down and the gore and shock factor was turned up.
It felt like they (not sure if it was a new team of new people working on it from DS1) didnít know how to do scary, but they thought ďLetís put a needle in his eye.Ē or ďLetís show a man turning into a necromorph right at the beginning to shock the playerĒ was scary. I donít think it is. I consider it an entirely different thing. I think scary can have gore and shock, but gore and shock is not in itself scary. Yes, DS1 had gore and shock with death scenes and creature design but it came off very naturally. DS2 I felt was just constantly throwing gore at you for the sake of it.

- The story just felt chaotic and pieced together. I rarely knew what I was doing and why I was doing it. I completed the game and really didnít feel like I accomplished anything. Characters get introduced, some die, others live, it didnít seem very survival horror like because there were people and whatnot. DS1 you knew you were alone except for your comrades who locked themselves in parts of the ship for narrative invincibility purposes . DS2 didnít give me that ďIím all aloneĒ vibe no matter how much it tried.

- The lore behind it all seemed pretty far off from the first one too. It reminds me of Assassins Creed where they gave you all this fun ancient mystery stuff about Gods and Humans and Eden Pieces, but as games went on writers changed, people left, new people came, and things got muddy and far less interesting. DS1 had this great lore about the Marker, Unitology, how they coincide with each other, what happened before planet crack, etc. It felt very nice and cohesive. DS2 just felt like it took bits and pieces of stuff, and built some sort of set pieces out of it all, and tried to string stuff through it all to make a story. Game came first, story came later. Kinda like Uncharted 3.

I will say things I liked were the Ishimura ship section, I loved the adorable stalker monsters (very cute and not scary), and a lot of the new monsters were interesting and fun to play around with. The Puker, the giant three legged boss thing in the cathedral, and the weapons were fun!
Old 22-06-21, 12:43   #7
DragonSlayer
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quebsenuef View Post
I agree with those points. The Multiplayer couldíve been fun but it looked and felt like it was designed in a weekend. Such an afterthought.

The things I think just felt forced were:
- Isaac can talk now. Typically gamers donít like silent protagonists. Itís weird for him to go from silent to talking in the sequel.

- The scare factor was turned down and the gore and shock factor was turned up.
It felt like they (not sure if it was a new team of new people working on it from DS1) didnít know how to do scary, but they thought ďLetís put a needle in his eye.Ē or ďLetís show a man turning into a necromorph right at the beginning to shock the playerĒ was scary. I donít think it is. I consider it an entirely different thing. I think scary can have gore and shock, but gore and shock is not in itself scary. Yes, DS1 had gore and shock with death scenes and creature design but it came off very naturally. DS2 I felt was just constantly throwing gore at you for the sake of it.

- The story just felt chaotic and pieced together. I rarely knew what I was doing and why I was doing it. I completed the game and really didnít feel like I accomplished anything. Characters get introduced, some die, others live, it didnít seem very survival horror like because there were people and whatnot. DS1 you knew you were alone except for your comrades who locked themselves in parts of the ship for narrative invincibility purposes . DS2 didnít give me that ďIím all aloneĒ vibe no matter how much it tried.

- The lore behind it all seemed pretty far off from the first one too. It reminds me of Assassins Creed where they gave you all this fun ancient mystery stuff about Gods and Humans and Eden Pieces, but as games went on writers changed, people left, new people came, and things got muddy and far less interesting. DS1 had this great lore about the Marker, Unitology, how they coincide with each other, what happened before planet crack, etc. It felt very nice and cohesive. DS2 just felt like it took bits and pieces of stuff, and built some sort of set pieces out of it all, and tried to string stuff through it all to make a story. Game came first, story came later. Kinda like Uncharted 3.

I will say things I liked were the Ishimura ship section, I loved the adorable stalker monsters (very cute and not scary), and a lot of the new monsters were interesting and fun to play around with. The Puker, the giant three legged boss thing in the cathedral, and the weapons were fun!
I like silent protagonists that said I didn't have a problem with Isaac speaking in DS2.

The one protagonist I wish had been quiet but wasn't isn't in Dead Space, she's in Resident Evil 5 Sheva Alomar I'm looking at you.

It's been so long since I played DS2 that I can't remember what the story was.

If anything DS3s story was even more chaotic and all over the place than DS2s story and couldn't decide what it wanted to be or what story it wanted to tell, it was trying to be both a horror game and an action game at the same time and ended up suffering from an identity crisis, DS2 did a better job at combining horror and action than DS3 did.

The needle in the eye bit was scary and is easily the most tense part in the game I once did that but at 2am when I was very tired and I messed it up, plus I know I shouldn't do this but I sometimes think of that scene when I'm at the dentist or getting an eye test but it's mostly at the dentist that I think of that scene.

I didn't think that the guy at the beginning being turned into a Necromorph was scary, cool scene just not scary.

I never noticed anything forced about DS2, DS3 is a lot more forced with microtransactions and co-op and an unwanted AI companion tagging along for large sections of the game.

An AI companion should only appear briefly at specific times during the game, not tag along like a puppy for most of the game.
Old 22-06-21, 14:14   #8
killchan
Professor

DS2 is the type of game that if you play it first you don't really see anything wrong with it... until you play the first one and realize that Isaac maybe talks a little too much, levels are probably a tad too linear and the story takes a nosedive in credibility BUT, as a horror shooter, DS2 is truly 2nd to none.
Old 22-06-21, 15:42   #9
charmedangelin
Tomb Raider

I hope they remaster and port the games to modern consoles.
Old 22-06-21, 16:03   #10
DragonSlayer
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by charmedangelin View Post
I hope they remaster and port the games to modern consoles.
Just the first two I hope and not the third game, if all 3 games get remastered co-op and microtransactions must be removed from the game and remove some of the irritating trophies, there was one trophy that was particularly irritating that I never unlocked, it's the Space Ace trophy shoot at least 70 targets during the ride to Tau Volantis.

I tried that several times and never got it.

Dead Space should be about shooting Necromorphs and nothing else, it shouldn't be about deploying scavenger bots to resource areas and retrieving resources from a scavenger bot and crafting weapons with two tools, tips and attachments with all circuit slots filled and creating blueprints that need at least 2000 resources worth of parts and circuits to build and reviving and sharing a blueprint with a co-op partner.

I want to play a shoot em up, not a craft em up.