Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Franchise > Tomb Raider Motion Pictures, Shows and Shorts

Old 17-06-19, 21:37   #571
Portugalraider

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoahCrofRaider View Post
I know we probably shouldn’t expect anything for a while, but I’m kinda starved for more news about the sequel. Idk what kind of news, but just something to keep us teased I guess.
Well, SDCC is in a month...

Too bad WB isn't going there this year :'(

But considering we only know a writer has been hired, it is still too soon to know anything. Maybe we can get any sort of news around NYCC in October?

Or maybe Fanos could put his source to work?
Portugalraider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-19, 23:17   #572
SoraSakai
Inactive

I need to see Alicia in the SOTTR outfit with dual pistols and a bow.

I need this so bad.
SoraSakai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-19, 23:27   #573
Tonyrobinson

I'm definitely think it's gonna be 2022 at the earliest before they release this to be honest. Hopefully I'm wrong.
Tonyrobinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-19, 23:32   #574
Rai

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoahCrofRaider View Post
I know we probably shouldn’t expect anything for a while, but I’m kinda starved for more news about the sequel. Idk what kind of news, but just something to keep us teased I guess.
I'm wondering if Amy is close to finishing up the script and that's why Ben was making a point of posting the image. If it was TR that is. I mean finishing it would meant they'd be ready to submit it very soon. That does bring us a step closer to hearing new stuff.
Rai is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-19, 23:52   #575
NoahCrofRaider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Portugalraider View Post
Well, SDCC is in a month...

Too bad WB isn't going there this year :'(

But considering we only know a writer has been hired, it is still too soon to know anything. Maybe we can get any sort of news around NYCC in October?

Or maybe Fanos could put his source to work?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rai View Post
I'm wondering if Amy is close to finishing up the script and that's why Ben was making a point of posting the image. If it was TR that is. I mean finishing it would meant they'd be ready to submit it very soon. That does bring us a step closer to hearing new stuff.
Ooh, I like the sound of this. I really hope we hear something more later this year, even if it’s just the name of the movie or a summary on the movie’s plot.
NoahCrofRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-19, 00:57   #576
Portugalraider

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoraSakai View Post
I need to see Alicia in the SOTTR outfit with dual pistols and a bow.

I need this so bad.
Sign me for this as well, though if they are following the games, will probably have RotTR first

But hey, Alicia in the Grey Henley with duals and a bow would also be great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyrobinson View Post
I'm definitely think it's gonna be 2022 at the earliest before they release this to be honest. Hopefully I'm wrong.
Still think missing 2021 would be a waste of two good anniversaries (25th of the franchise, 20th of the first movie), but a well developed movie is better than a rushed one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rai View Post
It could be, but this would probably be the first draft, and god knows how long it would take to get to a finished script! But hopefully these early stages and pre-production go smoothly so the movie can start filming next year
Old 18-06-19, 01:54   #577
GeekOfComedy

Just remember that 2018 script was worked on for 5 years and that was the best they came up with...
GeekOfComedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-19, 02:15   #578
Portugalraider

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekOfComedy View Post
Just remember that 2018 script was worked on for 5 years and that was the best they came up with...
It also went through different writers before ending with Geneva and rewrites by Alistair, and was actually a fairly rushed production due to the expiring rights. And Geneva didn't even came up with the story, the guy behind "Snow White and the Huntsman" did, so you know, a terrible decision just there. The movie was "in the works" for 5 years but pre-production only started in 2016, when they finally had a lead actress.

Besides, considering Captain Marvel, they wouldn't get anything much better in the writing department.

The sequel doesn't have that "deadline" problem any more, and already has a lead and possibly some other main roles already cast (Ana and Lu). And depending on how the writing goes with Amy, things can actually go faster and with a better script. Hopefully Amy also has a say on how what the plot of the movie actually is, instead of having some idiot dictate the plot she is supposed to write.
Old 18-06-19, 10:21   #579
PinkyPromise

They are no longer limited to "a history of origins" Now it is easier to build a script because they already have characters: Lara, Lu Ren, Ana, Trinity ... and they can do whatever they want.

They said that Alicia liked what Amy was writing. That is good. If she has her approval then the movie can move faster.
PinkyPromise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-19, 18:54   #580
Portugalraider

Hmmm... Ben seems to have deleted that photo...

Interesting...