Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider The Angel of Darkness

Old 23-06-19, 01:24   #11
charmedangelin

I wouldn't mind save files either. One for the first set of levels and one for the second. I can deal with losing all my collected stuff as it's practically canon for Lara to lose all her stuff anyway.
charmedangelin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-19, 11:21   #12
Samz

Quote:
Originally Posted by charmedangelin View Post
I wouldn't mind save files either. One for the first set of levels and one for the second. I can deal with losing all my collected stuff as it's practically canon for Lara to lose all her stuff anyway.
I'll look into that.

The Invent method allows the player to take as much spare vector/Scorpion X ammo as they want considering how rare ammo for them usually is.

The problem is the second set of levels though.

There's no way to save on Von Croy's Apartment with the duals since finishing Galleries under siege strips Lara of weapons, and using Invent means the player has to skip a level.

I guess I could share a save for Monstrum Crime scene with all the pick-ups collected in the apartment level instead, so once you finish Von Croy's Apartment and see the intro cutscene for Crime Scene you can just load the save.

Any suggestions for a site to upload these saves to?

There's going to be two.

Backstreets save: Dual Vectors loaded with 4 extra Darts for the SS (since you normally only get 3 shots for it in the entire game.) as an extra.

Crime Scene Save:The Periapt Shard from the Lovure, Von Croy's Notebook, Enough money to buy the Scorpion-X from Luddick, Dual and single Vector's, both loaded with 4 spare magazines, dual scorpion-X loaded with a single spare reload, as well as the items from Von Croy's apartment.

I've got them both created, I just need a site to host them on.

Last edited by Samz; 23-06-19 at 12:44.
Samz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-19, 15:28   #13
charmedangelin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samz View Post
I'll look into that.

The Invent method allows the player to take as much spare vector/Scorpion X ammo as they want considering how rare ammo for them usually is.

The problem is the second set of levels though.

There's no way to save on Von Croy's Apartment with the duals since finishing Galleries under siege strips Lara of weapons, and using Invent means the player has to skip a level.

I guess I could share a save for Monstrum Crime scene with all the pick-ups collected in the apartment level instead, so once you finish Von Croy's Apartment and see the intro cutscene for Crime Scene you can just load the save.

Any suggestions for a site to upload these saves to?

There's going to be two.

Backstreets save: Dual Vectors loaded with 4 extra Darts for the SS (since you normally only get 3 shots for it in the entire game.) as an extra.

Crime Scene Save:The Periapt Shard from the Lovure, Von Croy's Notebook, Enough money to buy the Scorpion-X from Luddick, Dual and single Vector's, both loaded with 4 spare magazines, dual scorpion-X loaded with a single spare reload, as well as the items from Von Croy's apartment.

I've got them both created, I just need a site to host them on.
You could try mega upload or if you have google you can host them in Google drive.
Old 23-06-19, 15:46   #14
Samz

Quote:
Originally Posted by charmedangelin View Post
You could try mega upload or if you have google you can host them in Google drive.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=14B...I7-ExrBLkA7ysJ

Forgot Google Drive was a thing.

Well, here they are then, just drop 'em in your AOD saves slots.

A simple way, even if you do lose your items.

If there are somehow any issues with the save files (there shouldn't be, as I haven't entered/completed any levels that have scripts when they start, such as the apartment or when they end like the first level.) then let me know and I'll try to fix it.
If all works fine, tell me also because I don't want to accidentally have saves that aren't possible to finish the game with.

Last edited by Samz; 23-06-19 at 16:18.
Old 23-06-19, 16:44   #15
charmedangelin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samz View Post
https://drive.google.com/open?id=14B...I7-ExrBLkA7ysJ

Forgot Google Drive was a thing.

Well, here they are then, just drop 'em in your AOD saves slots.

A simple way, even if you do lose your items.

If there are somehow any issues with the save files (there shouldn't be, as I haven't entered/completed any levels that have scripts when they start, such as the apartment or when they end like the first level.) then let me know and I'll try to fix it.
If all works fine, tell me also because I don't want to accidentally have saves that aren't possible to finish the game with.
Thanks, all seems to work fine.
Old 21-09-19, 12:58   #16
Samz

Just figured I'd say, if any of you guys host any sites with TR save games, feel free to include these two saves so that others can experience AOD with duals.
Old 04-10-19, 23:50   #17
Samz

Anyone think I should ask Stella if she'd like to include my save games as downloads in the saves section of AOD?

Since a good few people (including myself) use her walkthroughs, it'd help get the savegames out for people to experience AOD with duals.

Don't wanna waste her time if she wouldn't be interested.

Last edited by Samz; 04-10-19 at 23:54.
Old 06-10-19, 11:11   #18
Samz

Updated since it turns out using the CONFIG Notepad file is unneeded.

All you need is the SCU, which also makes it simpler and removes a decent amount of steps.
Old 13-01-20, 22:12   #19
Samz

Important change.

I found out that due to me skipping the start of the game while making the old saves, that when you get to Kurtis, his Boran-X isn't in his inventory and he doesn't start with extra magazines like normal.

I've re-made the saves, this time not skipping starting the game from the main menu, now the Boran-X and it's ammo will be in Kurtis's inventory as well as the Shard. (which was also missing.)
Old 29-04-20, 14:04   #20
Samz

It's come to my attention that apparently it's possible for crashes if the level files don't match.

Due to this, I've made versions of the saves that were made on the unaltereted level files instead of Nakamachi's patched versions.