Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > Video Games

Old 03-02-20, 19:10   #1
DragonSlayer

Default Coffee Talk

Has anyone tried this, I tried the demo and I loved it.

Coffee Talk for anyone that hasn't heard of it has you playing as a barista in a coffee shop that takes place in a Seattle populated by Elves, Werewolves, Orcs and all manner of fantasy creatures.

There isn't much gameplay just you serving drinks to the customers while they talk to you and other customers.

The game is available on PSN, steam, Nintendo eshop, GOG, and something called Utomik and itch.io the last two of which I've never heard of before, I don't know if it's on Xbox it wasn't included in the above list of where it's available on Coffee Talks Twitter page.

For now it seems to be available digital only though a comment on the games Twitter page suggests that physical copies do exist for PS4 and Switch.
DragonSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-20, 17:32   #2
Jami393

The game kinda reminds me of VA-11 Hall-A. Will be worth a check out. Also Itch.io is a site where indie developers can sell there games. You see some good stuff on there.
Jami393 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-20, 15:55   #3
DragonSlayer

Heads up Coffee Talk is on sale for 8 euro and 39 cents until end of day tomorrow after which it will go back up to its original price which I think is 14 euro.

It's been on sale at that price since the 30th of September, I only found out about it by chance when after replying the Coffee Talk demo I decided to check how much it cost.

They really should better advertise these sales, had I not checked I would have missed getting it for the lower price.
Old 13-10-20, 15:58   #4
Tsarina

I thought about getting this! Looked pretty interesting.
Tsarina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-20, 13:35   #5
DragonSlayer

For anyone that hasn't played Coffee Talk I'd highly recommend it if your looking to try something that's different from what you usually play.

I'd describe Coffee Talk as Final Fantasy meets Life is Strange which I'll elaborate on below.

There are several characters in Coffee Talk that wouldn't look out of place in a Final Fantasy game like Elves, Werewolves, Orcs or Orclike creatures, a Succubus and even an alien drops by the coffee shop which was surprising and funny.

The Life is Strange comparison is that the coffee shop is similar to The Two Whales diner in that you are behind the counter serving customers while listening to them talk about their lives and whatever problems they have while serving them drinks.

There is a trophy guide available for Coffee Talk on psnprofiles which I would recommend that anyone that plays this game uses there is also an in-depth guide for each drink you have to create for each customer which will be very helpful for getting the trophies Art Connoisseur, Barista Guru, Social Media Fever, Barista Expert and Barista Trainee.

It's definitely worth trying and there is a demo on PSN if anyone would like to try it.
Old 05-11-20, 17:55   #6
Tsarina

Most recent game I completed, have not gone back to clean up the trophies yet but I enjoyed it. A little campy at times but overall it is a cute and enjoyable game. I liked making the drinks and did not discover Latte Art until about halfway through the game ha but it was fun making little designs. Wish they had some designs already made that you could try and copy from. Thanks for the recommendation!
Old 05-11-20, 19:07   #7
DragonSlayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsarina View Post
Most recent game I completed, have not gone back to clean up the trophies yet but I enjoyed it. A little campy at times but overall it is a cute and enjoyable game. I liked making the drinks and did not discover Latte Art until about halfway through the game ha but it was fun making little designs. Wish they had some designs already made that you could try and copy from. Thanks for the recommendation!
Glad you like it, I find it a great game to relax with before going to bed some parts of the game were unexpectedly funny like when the cat changed into a person and the alien in the NASA space suit turned up at the coffee shop, I wonder where he got the space suit from, did he break into NASA HQ and steal a space suit or did he visit a fancy dress store.

My favourite character so far is Freya, she reminds me of Chloe Price from Life is Strange, I think that if Chloe and Freya were to meet each other they would become friends.
Old 05-11-20, 19:19   #8
Tsarina

I did love Freya, would love to read her book!
I loved that the alien was meeting a Tinder date, that made me chuckle. And besides everyone being a different species I also loved the diverse cast of sexualities as well.
Old 05-11-20, 19:27   #9
DragonSlayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsarina View Post
I did love Freya, would love to read her book!
I loved that the alien was meeting a Tinder date, that made me chuckle. And besides everyone being a different species I also loved the diverse cast of sexualities as well.
I that he flew 50 billion light years for a date and got stood up several times, whether you are human or alien or any of the other species in Coffee Talk dating sucks.
Old 05-11-20, 19:35   #10
Tsarina

^Yes!!! I felt bad for him at first until he said he just wanted to mate, then I was like dang, just like every other man I have been on a Tinder date with lol