Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Level Editor and Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor > Tomb Raider Next Generation

Old 09-10-18, 18:47   #13101
disapearing-boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcw123 View Post
... so does anyone know how to increase damage caused by an enemy?

Tried my above script but with higher values and it deals no damage.. almost like there is a limit or something to how high it can go?
Even at 500 (which IIRC is half Lara's health) it still only causes like 5% damage and looks pathetically weak for an Atlantian that used to deal 30%.

Is there any other flipeffects or something I can use to force damage when she gets attacked (since the normal Enemy= script doesn't seem to be working fully)
It sounds like the problem is due to the fact that your using a custom enemy - enemy damage is done by contact with specific meshes and not the collision box.
You need to look at Ahmet in wadmerger and see what number his claw/mouth meshes are then you'll need to re-arrange the TR1 meshtree so it matches.

Easier said than done but TR_Wad_Reorganiser can rearrange mesh-trees. Best of luck.
disapearing-boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-18, 18:55   #13102
dcw123

^ Ahh... I'd have no idea where to even begin there.

Have the same issue with a Panther in the Dog slot and a Crocodile in the TR4 Croc slot.
They attack, lunge etc and hardly do any damage at all.. if any.
Lara can stand there and they just bump into her..
dcw123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-18, 23:06   #13103
disapearing-boy

^^ Could you send me your mummy object? I've dabbled with stuff like this before with success.

For the other enemies it's also a size issue. Enemies are programmed to attack at a certain distance from Lara - they don't take the scale of the meshes/collision boxes into account, it's probably based on the distance from the 'origin' axis of mesh#0 to the player.

I once made a better working raptor by tinkering with an invisible dummy mesh#0 and repositioning the enemy meshes further pack. It could be solution for the panther & croc.
Old 10-10-18, 09:26   #13104
A_De

^ Could you also look into my TR1 rat in CROCODILE slot? It has similar issues and I'm not sure it it can be fixed without resizing the rat to size of crocodile because it is already big
A_De is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-18, 11:54   #13105
disapearing-boy

^ I'll have a look as well. Send it on. It might be a day or two before I get to look at it!

I had to figure these things all out on my own - most people who converted enemies are no longer active - at least on this forum.

It's no harm to help others if I can.
Old 10-10-18, 12:37   #13106
dcw123

Something so simple yet I can't get it to work properly..

I'm trying to trigger several traps and a door, but only when Lara has picked up a key item first.
I used the TriggerTriggerer and made sure all triggers have the blue square.
In game however, nothing happens?!

Suppose I could use NGLE scripts so they only work when Lara has the item in her inventory - but I'm using the same Puzzle piece twice.. which could cause issues if the player collects the other one first.
I'm gonna have to make an exact copy in another slot then.
Hmmm

EDIT: I have also run into another issue which crashes my level!

I have 2 rooms both with flipmaps. In the flipped versions, there is a new door portal which opens.
Its a trapdoor which opens and the sand above drops down so Lara can climb.. like in Tr1
For some reason, the trapdoor object causes the crash.
I deleted it and its fine... dunno why?!
I only placed the door in the Normal room.
Might have to fake it with statics if it fails again

EDIT 2: Is this a glitch in the new engine or something?
So I have used flipeffects to make a water room previously in the level - but now I am trying to make some more in later rooms - using the same technique, and for some reason they still act like normal 'air' rooms instead. Odd

Last edited by dcw123; 17-10-18 at 13:57.
Old 23-10-18, 00:37   #13107
ZeeBuilder

I don't know if this is the place to post but...

I had no problems before but now when I play any custom level instead of full screen the game comes up in a small screen!

Any suggestions?
ZeeBuilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-18, 14:46   #13108
dcw123

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeeBuilder View Post
I don't know if this is the place to post but...

I had no problems before but now when I play any custom level instead of full screen the game comes up in a small screen!

Any suggestions?
You could try pressing CTRL when the little grey box appears (when you launch the EXE)
It should launch the settings menu where you can alter resolution etc

AFAIK all custom levels use your default TRLE settings - so it should be the same as whatever your TRLE setup is (I am assuming you have TRLE installed?)
Old 23-10-18, 20:50   #13109
ZeeBuilder

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcw123 View Post
You could try pressing CTRL when the little grey box appears (when you launch the EXE)
It should launch the settings menu where you can alter resolution etc

AFAIK all custom levels use your default TRLE settings - so it should be the same as whatever your TRLE setup is (I am assuming you have TRLE installed?)
It works! Your a life saver.
ZeeBuilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-18, 14:07   #13110
Songe

Hi all, I am currently trying to create a TRNG editor folder. Normally I work with TREP, so I could do with some help. I found a tutorial somewhere (here) and it says that after installing the trle, wadmerger, and trng full installer, you need an updater. The link to the updater is dead, however.

Is this updater essential for the TRNG to work properly? And if so, where can I get it?

Edit: It does not work. Can somebody recommend a website where you can download a fully functioning starter kit for the TRNG?

Last edited by Songe; 24-10-18 at 14:35.
Songe is offline   Reply With Quote