Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Level Editor and Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor > Tomb Raider Next Generation

Old 04-12-19, 21:29   #14001
Joey79100

And with a search feature I case you're searching for something specific and dog want to read huge lists.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AkyV View Post
I just tried your setup, and it surely works. In NGLE.
Would you also try it in NGLE? If it also works for you there, then it probably is a TE bug.

If you used the formula properly for 4349952, then it should work.
My question is the same just as above: does it work for you in NGLE?
But NGLE is only the level editor, custom backgrounds and distance evaluation are pure TRNG things that don't rely on the level itself, so how could it work better in these cases? I understand this would be a relevant test in other circumstances, but not these ones.
Joey79100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-19, 22:10   #14002
AkyV

Just a last "perhaps this is it" thought.
I mean, if it works for me in NGLE, and he uses it in TE where it does not work for him, then perhaps... It is worth one try to test.

How was that Sherlock Holmes quotation? I cannot translate it back properly, but something like "if you ruled out everything, and what is remained is impossible, then that must be the solution".

Last edited by AkyV; 04-12-19 at 22:31.
AkyV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-19, 17:55   #14003
Titak

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkyV View Post

How was that Sherlock Holmes quotation? I cannot translate it back properly, but something like "if you ruled out everything, and what is remained is impossible, then that must be the solution".
This got me curious because I've heard that quote before, so I googled it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherlock Holmes
"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains however improbable must be the truth."
Titak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-19, 18:03   #14004
AkyV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titak View Post
"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains however improbable must be the truth."
Yes, that must be it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherlock Holmes
AkyV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-19, 18:54   #14005
dcw123

Very strange.. built a test room using NGLE (not tomb editor) and tested again.. everything other script works fine as it did earlier.
Inventory background and loading screen doesn't work (again)
I find it strange that it worked for others though using my script.

The ONLY thing I can think of is that my trle folder in My Documents isn't actually names trle (Its named Tomb Raider - Level Editor)

I fail to see how this alone would cause issues as NGCentre is linked to this folder just fine.. I thought maybe the path would have to be exact?
Hell I even tried just placing the pics in the root folder with the tomb4.exe (NGC says it can also find the images this way too) but nothing again.
Guess I just need to keep trying - if I can't do it.. it ain't the end of the world.

EDIT: Only thing I can think of is that my NGCenter stuff (with NGLE and TRNG folders, plugins) are in one folder (NGCenter in My Docs)
whereas my TRLE folder just has TRLE stuff (no TRNG folder) so they are 2 separate folders.
Should I copy the TRNG folder into my TRLE root folder? Not sure if this would make any difference as everything else is working just fine so far (all scripts work apart from this one)

I also had to unlink my tomb4.exe from NGCenter to get FLEP to work.. Not that I think this would effect the custom inventory script in any way
and like I say, every other custom script works 100%

Last edited by dcw123; 05-12-19 at 19:29.
dcw123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-19, 19:44   #14006
JMN

Stupid question, did you put the commands in a [Level] section?
JMN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-19, 20:25   #14007
dcw123

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMN View Post
Stupid question, did you put the commands in a [Level] section?

I honestly have no clue.. seems I am doing everything right - but it won't work.
I thought maybe its because I'm using the Classic Inventory Plugin - not sure.
They have their own commands/scripts for certain things

I thought it may have been a Tomb Editor bug, but others in the C.A.C competition have used this just fine
Really winding me up now.. heck if needs be I'll just have to have a darkened background like TR1 - at least everything else will be TR2 styled.

Last edited by dcw123; 05-12-19 at 20:27.
Old 06-12-19, 04:07   #14008
JMN

I'm using it with TE and it's working just fine. This if for Image0.bmp:

Code:
Image= 1, 0, IGNORE, IGNORE, IGNORE, 0, 0, 1000, 1000
Customize= CUST_BACKGROUND, BKGDT_INVENTORY, BKGDF_KEEP_GAME_SCREEN + BKGDF_SEMI_TRANSPARENT, 200, 1
Btw, for CUST_CINV_LIGHTING you need to provide coordinates inside the room as well otherwise it won't do anything.
Old 06-12-19, 11:18   #14009
dcw123

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMN View Post
I'm using it with TE and it's working just fine. This if for Image0.bmp:

Code:
Image= 1, 0, IGNORE, IGNORE, IGNORE, 0, 0, 1000, 1000
Customize= CUST_BACKGROUND, BKGDT_INVENTORY, BKGDF_KEEP_GAME_SCREEN + BKGDF_SEMI_TRANSPARENT, 200, 1
Btw, for CUST_CINV_LIGHTING you need to provide coordinates inside the room as well otherwise it won't do anything.
Thanks. I'll try your script and see if it works..
I know your script is different (TR3 style?) but IF it works, then it'll prove something is wrong with my script itself and not NGLE setup

EDIT: OK so image still would not work for some reason.
I made my own script such as ADD_DARKNESS and these all worked perfectly.. so it can't be the script.
I'm assuming its something to do with the PIX folder or paths causing the issue here.
I will keep testing.

I noticed something odd too.. Even when it didn't work - the background was darker than the game screen - but it would pixelate (it wasn't an exact copy of the game screens resolution.
My images are 800x600 - so I assume maybe the position of the image could be off somehow? I honestly don't know...
If needs be, I'll use a custom Compass object (which allows an image background) or just have a TR1/3 style inventory backdrop instead

EDIT 2: OK so the custom compass didn't work - it would on default TR4 inventory, but the classic inventory causes it to break.
Ah well, was worth a shot.

I want to replace the compass with the Stopwatch anyway so this method wouldn't have worked.

I'm also trying to get Diagnostics to work so I can get an exact position for the inventory lighting in a blank room - typed in the required scripts into Options, but it won't display anything on screen..
Oh and for some VERY odd reason my TRLE folder decided to complety.. by itself.. delete my english.dat file and all the menu was missing.. WTF
My trle folder seems to be going crazy at the moment - maybe my PC is on the fritz

Last edited by dcw123; 06-12-19 at 12:57.
Old 06-12-19, 12:59   #14010
JMN

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcw123 View Post
Wait, is the background image working in that pic?