Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Level Editor and Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor > Tomb Raider Next Generation

Old 14-01-20, 11:41   #14091
TokyoSU

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcw123 View Post
Ahh yes that all works just fine.
And I edited the LoadCamera to just one - still crashes.
Only thing I can think of is that my TRLE root folder is a bit of a mess (mainly just plugin folders and their dll's etc)
It was the only way I could get plugins and the install to work
(I installed TRLE and TRNG into the same folder)

Oddly enough, this wasn't an issue when building my C.A.C level, so why would it cause an issue now.. hmmmm very odd indeed
i dont think installing trng and trle in the same folder is good, you can install trng in documents and trle folder there too:
Documents\TRNG
Documents\TRLE

and with ng_center set the path to trle folder. normally it will work like this (trle need to be installed first)

Last edited by TokyoSU; 14-01-20 at 11:43.
TokyoSU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-20, 12:07   #14092
dcw123

Quote:
Originally Posted by TokyoSU View Post
i dont think installing trng and trle in the same folder is good, you can install trng in documents and trle folder there too:
Documents\TRNG
Documents\TRLE

and with ng_center set the path to trle folder. normally it will work like this (trle need to be installed first)
I did this last time - and for some reason, it also caused some issues. FLEP wouldn't work and NGCenter kept deleting the patched exe
I mean, as a last resort if I HAVE to re-install everything again, I may have to..
Gonna try a reinstall and hipefully it will fix the issue.
Couldn't I simply make a new folder named TRNG and move it over to there.. hmm
*dreads having to install all plugins and scripts and WADS again*

EDIT2:
How strange.. I could have sworn before this setup always used to fail using FLEP, but now it works perfectly.
So now I have the patched exe and 2 separate folders. Fingers crossed no more issues from now on

EDIT3: The Statistic crash still happens - even on a fresh install of trle/trng and using the default shipped levels (tutorial level etc) No plugins installed or ANY script changes whatsoever.
Why does this **** always happen to me grrrrr
This has never happened before to me.. ever and I've dabbled on and off NGLE for years now

I ran NGDoctor on a few PRJ files and it came up with this: perhaps the issue? not sure..
ERROR: missing Extra NG Header in project file: "C:\Users\HP\Documents\trle\maps\Title\title.P RJ"
I'm using Tomb Editor which AFAIK doesn't use the TOM files.. so I rebuilt all the levels using the old NGLE editor - and it made the new NG header.
Did this for all levels so they all had the NG Header.. still crashes when opening Statistics on pause screen..
I have CRS enabled.
Only thing I can think of is FLEP causing the issue somehow - but it worked before.. so why now?!
I had the flare patch etc and statistic worked fine then.. AFAIK I haven't changed anything.
I'll try replacing the old exe again and see if it works then.

EDIT4: Can confirm replacing the patched exe with the original makes everything OK again - stats work fine.
I wonder why FLEP is causing this issue.. I kinda need it for my levels.
Guess I just need to do one tickbox at a time until I can figure out what the issue is there in FLEP.

Reloaded FLEP and modified again. Copied into trle root folder and overwrote the exe.
It all now works fine (for now at least)
Jesus what a kerfuffle that was! But least I have FLEP running and stats screen working properly.

Last edited by dcw123; 14-01-20 at 15:09.
dcw123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-20, 17:14   #14093
Joey79100

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcw123 View Post
I did this last time - and for some reason, it also caused some issues. FLEP wouldn't work and NGCenter kept deleting the patched exe
I swear you've posted about those two issues multiple times and you've been answered about those two issues multiple times as well. Check the answers when you post, or try the solutions that are given to you if you've read them in the future.

And you probably had the Clear Background Patch in FLEP ticked. This patch is incompatible with TRNG since 1.2.2.7 I think, because TRNG implemented its own way (after the FLEP patch was added), and activating that patch is known for making the game crash.
Joey79100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-20, 17:35   #14094
TokyoSU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey79100 View Post
I swear you've posted about those two issues multiple times and you've been answered about those two issues multiple times as well. Check the answers when you post, or try the solutions that are given to you if you've read them in the future.

And you probably had the Clear Background Patch in FLEP ticked. This patch is incompatible with TRNG since 1.2.2.7 I think, because TRNG implemented its own way (after the FLEP patch was added), and activating that patch is known for making the game crash.
i think CUST_BACKGROUND are the same as that patch when using CLEAR_SCREEN but TRNG free
TokyoSU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-20, 17:45   #14095
Joey79100

I'm not exactly sure what you're trying to say, but yes TRNG can replicate what FLEP offered before TRNG could do it. So not having that patch working anymore is not an issue.
Joey79100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-20, 03:17   #14096
LaraCablara

I am absolute scripting newbie If I want to trigger an event when a wraith dies (enemy killed global trigger I am guessing?) what would it look like?

Edit: Well, I guess since the wraith is not a traditional enemy it would not work. Even if you use the regular setup with a switch trigger, the event will happen as soon as soon the wraith is spawned, not when it is extinguished.

Last edited by LaraCablara; 15-01-20 at 03:54.
LaraCablara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-20, 18:45   #14097
OverRaider

Is there no way to export more than 255 scripts from extraNG strings? There sure is allowed to add way more new strings but not able to export any more of it? please anyone?
OverRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-20, 19:28   #14098
AkyV

Quoted from my text tutorial:

Quote:
c, F64 prints an [ExtraNG] string. It will be removed if the timer expires or with F67 or F204.
d, F360 prints an [ExtraNG] string. It will be removed with F67 or F204.
- Except the timer, the difference between F64 and F360 is if a string ID is above 255 then F64 is unable to print that sometimes.
So use F360.
AkyV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-20, 19:38   #14099
OverRaider

Aw, that's great, thanks AkyV
OverRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-20, 14:43   #14100
dcw123

Not sure what I'm really doing LOL

Here is my script:

GlobalTrigger= 9, IGNORE, GT_CONDITION_GROUP, IGNORE, 12, 10, 11
TriggerGroup= 10, $2000,48,$006B ; add Dual AutoPistols to inventory
TriggerGroup= 12, $8000,252,$0002 ; condition that Lara has QuestItem1 in inventory
TriggerGroup= 11, $2000,49,$004C ; remove QuestItem1 from inventory

This was a workaround to fix the Duals not showing in the level itself as a pickup.
Am using QuestItem1 (amulet of horus) as a fake gun item.
As Lara picks it up - this adds the actual real guns into her inventory.
However, the TG to remove the Amulet after doesn't seem to be working.. its still there as AmuletofHorus.
Have I got the TG numbers in the wrong order or something?

Last edited by dcw123; 17-01-20 at 15:01.
dcw123 is offline   Reply With Quote