Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Level Editor and Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor > Tomb Raider Next Generation

Old 20-01-20, 22:45   #14111
Titak

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoreRaider View Post
Yes, it works for any object that has scrolling texture applied
Make sure you don't have another line like that in your script on [Level] section, maybe it's conflicting
Hmmm... I'll check the whole script for that level then.
I even set a negative number for it, but nothing changed ingame.

Thanks.
Titak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-20, 09:49   #14112
dcw123

Not sure if possible but here goes..

Well, ya know TRNG has the ability to disable keys, except in menus.
Would it be possible to change what a key does, without having players mess with their controls setup?

ie using default controls - player presses P.
Normally this brings up the Pause menu with all the options.
Instead, I want the game screen to freeze and overlay a sprite/image on screen reading PAUSED - like the ps1 games.
Is this possible?
I know players have done similar things with map screens etc, but this involved other button keys, such as M..

Suppose if I had to include a readme to ask players to change their P binding to another random unused letter, then use P to activate the flipeffect - it would perform the same task anyway? Not 100% but it's work, right?

EDIT: I'm also trying to get the TR2 wheel door to work (I managed it before but a long time ago, forgotten how)
I followed the tutorial on here best I could.. altered State Anims etc etc
In-game Lara performs the correct animation on the 'switch' Valve (taken from TRC) and the switch swings back and to the side (as in TR2)
However the door refuses to activate and open.
I tried copying the open animation to Anim 1 - nothing.. Maybe if I override Anim 0?
I'm using the following script GT instead of in-game triggers..

309 is the switch4, 322 is DoorType1

GlobalTrigger= 10, IGNORE, GT_CONDITION_GROUP, IGNORE, 13, 14, IGNORE
TriggerGroup= 13, $9000, 309, $215
TriggerGroup= 14, $5000, 322, $2B ; TR2 valve wheel doors

I tried converting the door into an Animating Slot - and it worked and activated fine (using the door animations) however there was a delay between the switch and the door opening - instead of animating instantly with the switch (all moving aside as one piece), the door seemed 2 seconds behind for some reason.
No timer was set in the trigger and WADmerger shows the animation as OK.

I could slow the switch animation down also to match the door - but this would mean Lara would have to stand there for a second or so while it opened.. not sure if it was like this in the original.
Wonder what is causing the delay.
I decided to use regular triggers this time (trigger animating1 and a switch trigger)

Here is a short clip to demonstrate whats happening:
https://streamable.com/flf3j

IIRC things don't activate until the last frame of the switch animation, right? This maybe causing the delay..
Hmm.. how can I make it so the door activates as soon as Lara lets go of the handle.

Only other way I can think on handling this is to make a copy of the Valve switch and make it an animating object - which is triggered the same time as the door, that way they'll move at the same time.
Make the 'real' interactable switch invisible..
Tried this and doesn't really work either. The fake switch now moves with the door at the same time, however when Lara is turning the 'real' invisible switch, the fake one doesn't move.

Really doesn't help that the original pack for this in the tutorial is missing - the link is dead.

I even tried the fixed revised Chronicles version from the Submarine levels.. the same thing happens there too.
The switch will animate, but the door refuses to open..
Only fix I can think is to manually add more frames to the opening animation of the door but I can't even remember how I got it to work now - I've trialed so many things now.. taken me hours and cannot seem to fix it

Results seem to wildly vary.
Either:
1 - the door doesn't trigger at all
2 - the door opens, but the timing is off, switch is triggered first so is faster
3- everything is timed OK, but no matter where I place the door, an invisible wall on the portal stops Lara. (placed the door on both sides of the portal to check this and both did the same thing, but only with this setup)
So.. no wonder I can't remember what I did. Tried messing with animations and everything, forcing specific anims..

As a compromise I could always just have a valve at the side of the door instead acting as a normal switch.. Lara uses it and opens the door (as any other lever would work)

Last edited by dcw123; 21-01-20 at 16:21.
dcw123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-20, 00:53   #14113
GabrielCroft

Hi, I have seen in some levels that when Lara picks up an item, it displays on the right bottom corner of the screen like always, but with some fade in and fade out effects. How can I do that? Is that a plugin or something? Thanks.
GabrielCroft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-20, 02:07   #14114
SrDanielPonces

Quote:
Originally Posted by GabrielCroft View Post
Hi, I have seen in some levels that when Lara picks up an item, it displays on the right bottom corner of the screen like always, but with some fade in and fade out effects. How can I do that? Is that a plugin or something? Thanks.
JMN's ring inventory plugin :]
SrDanielPonces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-20, 02:57   #14115
GabrielCroft

Quote:
Originally Posted by SrDanielPonces View Post
JMN's ring inventory plugin :]
Oh, ok! Thank you!
Old 24-01-20, 11:11   #14116
dcw123

Still can't get the TR2/ TRC style valve door to work.

I noticed something interesting too - ALL other switches work completely fine and the door opens..
However, the valve switch (in switch4 slot) does nothing.
Is it something to do with the slot? Or is the switch itself buggy.
Push buttons, levers etc open the door perfectly every time, very odd.

EDIT: I'm also trying to use the FlareSFX plugin - and all seems to work fine, except for the sound itself.
Sound plays and bubbles show generating underwater from flare.
I assigned a sound and the sound plays (checked using Diagnostics)
I copied the original TR2 SFX over (the hissing when flare is lit) and for some reason its really load and echoing.. like a giant generator sound or an engine room.
Its meant to be a small hissing crackle. Checked the sound in SoundTool (using Tomb Editor) and the sound is only volume 10.. so it should be quiet.
Global Sound is ticked.. not sure what the other settings do, whether they will fix this issue (none, loop, wait)

Last edited by dcw123; 26-01-20 at 18:25.
Old 26-01-20, 20:14   #14117
SSJ6Wolf

There is an environment check for a hole in the ceiling with a climbable surface, is there an equivalent check for a ceiling hole without checking for a climbable surface?
SSJ6Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-20, 20:52   #14118
Lwmte

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcw123 View Post
Sound plays and bubbles show generating underwater from flare.
I assigned a sound and the sound plays (checked using Diagnostics)
I copied the original TR2 SFX over (the hissing when flare is lit) and for some reason its really load and echoing.. like a giant generator sound or an engine room.
Try to change loop behaviour to looped
Lwmte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-20, 11:42   #14119
dcw123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lwmte View Post
Try to change loop behaviour to looped
Thanks

I managed to fix the issue by manually lowering the volume of the actual sound sample itself using Audacity.
For some reason the Volume setting in SoundTool was ignored and it always played at 100% volume.
Now it sounds great
I even managed to edit the sprite 11 (flare customization) to have the TR2 glow effect so it all looks authentic
Old 05-02-20, 21:36   #14120
GabrielCroft

Hi
I can't install NGLE on my windows 10 64bits system.
I open the installer (latest version mk5) and I do everything right until It asks me to reboot the system. I do, and then nothing happens or appears anymore