Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Level Editor and Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor > Tomb Raider Next Generation

Old 08-02-20, 22:17   #14121
Mystery-King

I'm trying to make it so if Lara steps on a square or is near a static object, it becomes visible and if she steps away from it it becomes invisible. I have a feeling this would be a combination of a CONDITION trigger and a FLIPEFFECT trigger (The set visibility of static one) but I can't quite seem to get the setup to work right, I think I'm messing it up on the CONDITION side of things. Any ideas?
Mystery-King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-20, 17:41   #14122
AkyV

My upcoming third plugin has a condition trigger to examine the distance between Lara and a Static. All you need is to use it in a Globaltrigger.
Released soon, now it is already being beta-tested.
AkyV is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-20, 20:20   #14123
dcw123

Slight issue.. not sure how to fix.
I want sharks and barracuda in the same level - but sadly all objects use the Hammerhead slot.
Could I use the Hammerhead MIP for the barracuda instead?

I did find a barracuda (not the original tr2 one though) which uses the crocodile slot.. but its really big - almost as big as the sharks. It functions wonderfully though in water..
I was thinking maybe I could edit the meshes to make it shorter, then make the back couple of meshes invisible?
The only reason why I wanna do this is so they can have their own individual SFX (instead of sharing)
In TR2 only the sharks made noise when they chomp attacked.. everything else was silent

EDIT: OK So I used SkateboardKids Xian fish from TR2 (hammerhead) and placed it into the Hammerhead MIP slot.
Normally this meant that I could just trigger the MIP and it would trigger like a normal enemy, right?
Except here.. the fish is like a statue, visible but doesn't move or attack or respond to anything.
The regular shark works fine.
Perhaps if I use scripting AssignSlot?

Last edited by dcw123; 09-02-20 at 20:57.
dcw123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-20, 21:03   #14124
TokyoSU

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcw123 View Post
Slight issue.. not sure how to fix.
I want sharks and barracuda in the same level - but sadly all objects use the Hammerhead slot.
Could I use the Hammerhead MIP for the barracuda instead?

I did find a barracuda (not the original tr2 one though) which uses the crocodile slot.. but its really big - almost as big as the sharks. It functions wonderfully though in water..
I was thinking maybe I could edit the meshes to make it shorter, then make the back couple of meshes invisible?
The only reason why I wanna do this is so they can have their own individual SFX (instead of sharing)
In TR2 only the sharks made noise when they chomp attacked.. everything else was silent

EDIT: OK So I used SkateboardKids Xian fish from TR2 (hammerhead) and placed it into the Hammerhead MIP slot.
Normally this meant that I could just trigger the MIP and it would trigger like a normal enemy, right?
Except here.. the fish is like a statue, visible but doesn't move or attack or respond to anything.
EDIT: you will probably face some problem about the "bite" collision detection since it's hardcoded based on internal value.

Are you using the harpoon ? (my plugin destroy it, so if true dont use my plugin) if not you could use my plugins:
https://www.tombraiderforums.com/sho...8&postcount=11
it's abandonned but this entity is working fine just be carefull this entity will want to exit the water since it's use the croc_zone (water and floor in TR4) so use gray sector or 2 click floor. (all the entity is pretty working but some bug is discovered), if i have the will maybe i will fix it one day.
with my plugin you can use all slot (except LARA related obj and effect/emitter, something like that). if you just want entity, you found it
PS: you can found a example script in the .zip
PS2: dont use the snowmobile/snowmobile gun since it's not finished ! (if you dont care about the static/obj collision)

Last edited by TokyoSU; 09-02-20 at 21:11.
TokyoSU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-20, 21:08   #14125
dcw123

Quote:
Originally Posted by TokyoSU View Post
Are you using the harpoon (my plugin destroy it, so if true dont use my plugin) ? if not you could use my plugins:
https://www.tombraiderforums.com/sho...8&postcount=11
it's abandonned but this entity is working fine just be carefull this entity will want to exit the water since it's use the croc_zone (water and floor in TR4) so use gray sector or 2 click floor. (all the entity is pretty working but some bug is discovered), if i have the will maybe i will fix it one day.
I am using the harpoon plugin, yes.
I'm not sure I understand.. so your harpoon plugin breaks the Hammerhead MIP?

A regular hammerhead shark works perfect 100%.
I used the Assign slot for the barracuda and this time the swap worked. However, it swims too low and missed Lara when it tries to bite her.

I think I'll just use the croc idea with edited meshes as it worked fine for me (even if the fish is a LOT bigger than its TR2 version, but I could edit this with some mesh work)
Either that or I'll just have to stick to sharks only and not use barracuda...

As for the link you sent me.. it requires a password and I have no idea what it is - assuming its the same as the beta testing forum, but I can't remember the code lol
Old 09-02-20, 21:33   #14126
SrDanielPonces

Quote:
I want sharks and barracuda in the same level
not possible, unless they have same meshtree and same animations
SrDanielPonces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-20, 21:52   #14127
Titak

Quote:
Nope.
MIPs were used to have a less detailed version of an enemy when seeing it from a certain distance.

AssignSlot should work, but like you said, you would like to have seperate sfx for each fish, and this is not possible with the AssignSlot.

Quote:
Possible.
Remember that you can also scale meshes in WADMerger Animation Editor.
And after scaling you should move them back together to form the smaller version of the fish.
Titak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-20, 22:07   #14128
dcw123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titak View Post
Nope.
MIPs were used to have a less detailed version of an enemy when seeing it from a certain distance.
AssignSlot should work, but like you said, you would like to have seperate sfx for each fish, and this is not possible with the AssignSlot.
Possible.
Remember that you can also scale meshes in WADMerger Animation Editor.
And after scaling you should move them back together to form the smaller version of the fish.
Ahh, awesome. Thanks Titak.
I'll try this also.
Anyone else used TokyoSU's TR2 enemies yet? I'm scared to use it incase it breaks any other plugins I'm using (classic inventory etc)
Its truly amazing work - seeing TR enemies acting as they should..
Swear TR4 port versions of all past enemies are screwed up.. like the AI is messed up. Tigers etc running into walls and in circles.. mostly ignoring Lara instead of making a beeline for her as they should (which this plugin does)
Seeing proper pathfinding and all the original animations is so cool.
Really hope this gets continues.. maybe for TR5Main?
Having people recreate TR1,2,3 levels properly without issue without resorting to the Unofficial Editor after like 20 years of TRLE would be crazy.
Old 09-02-20, 22:10   #14129
SrDanielPonces

that plugin is beyond finished, the enemies probably have worse AI than TR4
SrDanielPonces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-20, 22:44   #14130
TokyoSU

Quote:
Originally Posted by SrDanielPonces View Post
that plugin is beyond finished, the enemies probably have worse AI than TR4
these entity use the TR4 creature system, just that i have ported the "principal" code that animate the entity based on state id.
so before saying anything that you dont know or tested dont insult a plugins without test, maybe released it was a mistake in the first place since it's not totally finished.
TokyoSU is offline   Reply With Quote