www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Franchise > Tomb Raider Motion Pictures

Old 26-10-20, 20:32   #17601
Tonyrobinson
Tomb Raider

He can definitely bring something great to the way the film looks and hopefully Amy can nail the screenplay. I watched an older interview (pre-TR) with him earlier saying that he doesn't like large action films because they don't feel intimate or realistic enough anymore so he prefers bigger action on an intimate scale which is why he made Free Fire the way he did.

I am getting the feeling that we might have something more like the scope of Brendan Fraser's The Mummy franchise with a more quippy and classic Lara when Alicia talks about going back to the roots of the character.

Last edited by Tonyrobinson; 26-10-20 at 20:34.
Tonyrobinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-20, 21:02   #17602
PinkyPromise
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyrobinson View Post
I am getting the feeling that we might have something more like the scope of Brendan Fraser's The Mummy franchise with a more quippy and classic Lara when Alicia talks about going back to the roots of the character.
I would love that. Besides that Ben has confirmed "that it is an international adventure" and that he thinks that the public now just wants something fun and Alicia said that she wanted to go back to the classic. I think the sequel will be something very different from TR2018.

I would love something like TR2001 the Cambodian part but smarter.
PinkyPromise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-20, 21:15   #17603
Tonyrobinson
Tomb Raider

I'm all for getting a good fun action adventure film but at do want more depth than the original Tomb Raider films. By all means give us those ancient Tombs, action sequences, supernaturalism and globe trotting searching for an artefact but I wanna see a good character driven story too despite all of that and a nice dose of drama between Ana and Lara.

I think they'll keep some of those main points from the first film i.e. Ana and Trinity and gut the rest of it all out and give us a unique take inspired the games but not committed to them.
Old 26-10-20, 22:03   #17604
Trenton
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkyPromise View Post
I would love that. Besides that Ben has confirmed "that it is an international adventure" and that he thinks that the public now just wants something fun and Alicia said that she wanted to go back to the classic. I think the sequel will be something very different from TR2018.

I would love something like TR2001 the Cambodian part but smarter.
Yeah Iíd love something thatís more fun without going too overboard with cheesiness. The parts I enjoyed most in TR2018 were the lighter more funnier moments in London and Hong Kong. Departing from the overly dark and serious tone of the rebooot games should serve these films well imo.
Old 26-10-20, 22:11   #17605
Tonyrobinson
Tomb Raider

I actually thought the tone of the TR2018 movie was pretty good in terms of the blend of seriousness and lightness. A lot of Lara's character was defined by Richard and I think for the next we will hopefully see her more self assured and hardened. I feel like the LAU era Lara could translate well to screen (when she isn't obsessing over her parents) the way she jests with others and throws in some sarcasm here and there.

I do feel as though Lara in the reboot had a good blended attitude between all the versions of Lara but I'd like her character to be defined more by her achievements and not her parents.

If I had one hope for a Tomb Raider film it'd be to have the theme tune included I think so much of what made the Silent Hill film great was that it really nailed the weird vibe, visuals and music of that universe. The story sort of did its own thing but it captured the essence of the game.

Last edited by Tonyrobinson; 26-10-20 at 22:34.
Tonyrobinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-20, 14:59   #17606
AimlessThunder
Professor

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccroft2003 View Post
Agreed! I think a merger of the two games stories with locations could really work. All they'd need to do is axe Domingez and replace him with Constantin from Rise.

A sequence somewhere like Siberia would be amazing too.

We need some cool, interesting locations (unlike the 1st film) with some big set pieces and multiple Tombs.
Yes! Yes! I am getting all excited!
AimlessThunder is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-20, 16:59   #17607
Ellioft
Professor

I hope they stick with Clint Mansel for TR2 his music composed for Rebecca is great.
Old 27-10-20, 17:05   #17608
ccroft2003
Archaeologist

When i say a merger of Rise and Shadow would be interesting, I'm merely suggesting that the locations of both games be represented (to provide visual variety) with Lara searching to get to the bottom of Trinity with maybe Ana being at the helm rather than Domingez.

They're right in that I think the majority of audiences who don't play the games want an action-adventure and to see that kick-ass side of Lara Croft again (with the duel pistols please) with the sassy classic Lara schtick!

If we're all honest, while the most recent games have been great, they take themselves far too seriously and would make Lara boring as hell! That's not what moviegoers want to see. We've dealt with the Daddy storyline, time to move on, and let Lara do her thing!
Old 27-10-20, 21:54   #17609
JocLo
Student

For Tomb Raider I would like to see something like this:

https://www.comingsoon.net/tv/news/1...series-netflix
Old 27-10-20, 21:56   #17610
SoraSakai
Professor

I wouldn’t want a series but I would definitely prefer Netflix to buy the distribution rights to the film.