www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor

Old 11-10-20, 17:49   #1051
Danath
Archaeologist

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiamma Patrick View Post
Love what you have done so far! I hope that it won't spoil the gameplay with the amount of pics you have been sending lmao!, I hope that the gameplay will be resembling the classic levels. I do love levels like that
Thank you! No worries, there's plenty of gameplay and it's classic style.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaroRaider View Post
I agree, this is one of the best parts of the design. When you have all ready, fully playable and you can tweak here and there, playing with self-perfectionism to the maximum.
Yes it feels great, but sometimes it's a pain to be a perfectionist. I'm trying not to think too hard, going pretty fast actually but taking enough care.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opaque79 View Post
Looks amazing. Are some of the textures modified?
Thank you! Yes, they are modified Tinnos textures. And i made some versions of them in a broken state to make the place look ruined.
Old 11-10-20, 18:43   #1052
Kubsy
Student

I can’t wait to play your levelset
Old 20-10-20, 21:46   #1053
Danath
Archaeologist

Smile Level 4 textured

Level 4 is now fully textured and furnished with statics, now it "only" needs the lighting. So 85% done. I managed to give the temple a convincing "ruined" look, so i am happy with the result. The plants are the icing on the cake.
2787 textures in total on level 4.

Hoping i can jump into level 5 this week, that one will go a bit faster since i already experimented with texturing on it some time ago, only need some extra textures pieces there.
Old 21-10-20, 00:01   #1054
Topixtor
Historian

Awesome! From the only screen you posted here before it seemed very original of a setting good luck with the rest.
Topixtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-20, 18:33   #1055
Danath
Archaeologist

Unhappy Disaster D:

I feel like crying right now as i write this... but i stupidly lost ALL progress on detailing level 4.

Last night i had everything done except some object customization. But instead of saving in TRViewer on the .tr2 file, i wrote over the project (.tre) file... I didn't have a backup copy of that project version, so now i have to go back to the untextured copy of the project that i DO have as backup.

Unless there's a magical way of extracting a project file from the compiled TR2 level, i will need to painfully redo all the detail using FexInspect/RView as a guide, using the last compiled version of the level.
Old 26-10-20, 18:46   #1056
Topixtor
Historian

I'm pretty sure you can't have your project back... I advise you to enable the auto-buckup function of dxtre3d, that saves a copy of the project every X number of saves...
On a more positive note, maybe re-doing the process will make you discover something you didn't notice before, I'm sure it will come out better than before
You probably feel very weak now, maybe don't just start redoing it right away and focus on level 5 to change pace.
Topixtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-20, 19:28   #1057
Danath
Archaeologist

It would have been more than enough to have 1 safety copy of the project file, but i messed up. It will surely not happen anymore, at least.

And nah, it's probably better to jump into remaking right away, while i still remember light values for the rooms.
Old 26-10-20, 21:55   #1058
DaroRaider
Historian

Danath, I faced the same problem not only once but several times not only with tomb raider stuff projects. Things with university, personal works.. etc.. it's really annoying

I have configured windows to be restored under certain point. This way you can get a backup of all personal files before a point and maybe if you commit such mistake, you are saved.
Take a look at restore or backup system and how yo configure them, for a next time just in case.
Old 27-10-20, 01:26   #1059
Danath
Archaeologist

I have System Restore active, but for the SSD where Windows and software is installed, not for the HDD where Dxtre and my projects are located. :\

But hey, at least i finished customizing the objects today and can begin redoing the level again right away. Got to be patient now...
Old 27-10-20, 16:30   #1060
thewolf
Golden

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danath View Post
I feel like crying right now as i write this... but i stupidly lost ALL progress on detailing level 4.

Last night i had everything done except some object customization. But instead of saving in TRViewer on the .tr2 file, i wrote over the project (.tre) file... I didn't have a backup copy of that project version, so now i have to go back to the untextured copy of the project that i DO have as backup.

Unless there's a magical way of extracting a project file from the compiled TR2 level, i will need to painfully redo all the detail using FexInspect/RView as a guide, using the last compiled version of the level.

Sorry to hear that, those are really bad news Actually there is a way of extracting compiled TR1-TR3 levels. It's a programm called TREPhoenix which let's you turn the TR2 file into a dxtre3d file but the level will be untextured.

Here is a link:
https://www.tombraiderforums.com/sho...d.php?t=167204

There's still a way for getting the textures but I've never tried it.
Remember that TREphoenix is almost as old as dxtre3d and haven't been updated in years.

Link for a possible way to get textures back:
https://www.tombraiderforums.com/sho...01&postcount=3

Hope you can sort things out

Good luck
thewolf is offline   Reply With Quote