Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider The Angel of Darkness

Old 28-06-21, 00:36   #41
Jathom95

Quote:
Originally Posted by reborninshadow View Post
So... I may figured out how to change conversations

Here's some of the cut dialogue with the herbalist ingame with mostly complete lip sync animations.

Sadly, I doubt I can do much with this for the time being since I can only change existing lines so far. I don't know how adding in new lines would work, seems to just crash when I try that. I would need help to turn this into an actual mod most likely but we'll see, maybe I'll figure it out. I will probably do this for other conversations also and share videos, it's really cool to see these ingame.
Hey, more modding knowledge is always a plus. I'm sure it'll be figured out at some point.

Honestly as far as the conversations go, the one thing I want to be fixed eventually are the plot hole sprinklings throughout AOD. Like with Muller and Lara automatically knowing who Karel is.
Jathom95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-21, 00:54   #42
KIKO

If you ever figure out a way to add new lines instead of replacing them as you said, then I'm sure that some of the branching cutscenes such as the one with Pierre and Luddick would benefit from the extra dialogue

However, in the case of the herbalist and even the pawnshop, unless you dig up the code of the buy&sell system that they talked about in magazine interviews (if it even exists) then it's no good adding back those dialogue bits at this point.

I don't think these special herbs are mentioned anywhere in the text files, at least I don't remember coming across them during my research. Unless of course, he's talking about regular medipacks.... maybe Murti could weigh in on this?

In any case, this is something that's never been done before so kudos to you for doing this. Your contributions to AOD will not go unnoticed

Last edited by KIKO; 28-06-21 at 00:56.
KIKO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-21, 13:16   #43
reborninshadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIKO View Post
If you ever figure out a way to add new lines instead of replacing them as you said, then I'm sure that some of the branching cutscenes such as the one with Pierre and Luddick would benefit from the extra dialogue

However, in the case of the herbalist and even the pawnshop, unless you dig up the code of the buy&sell system that they talked about in magazine interviews (if it even exists) then it's no good adding back those dialogue bits at this point.

I don't think these special herbs are mentioned anywhere in the text files, at least I don't remember coming across them during my research. Unless of course, he's talking about regular medipacks.... maybe Murti could weigh in on this?

In any case, this is something that's never been done before so kudos to you for doing this. Your contributions to AOD will not go unnoticed
Yeah there's no point in doing much with the herbalist and the pawnshop, I just picked that one first to try because it was the simplest one.

Now I looked at Pierre's conversation and I did this by replacing existing lines again to see but what's interesting is that this dialogue exists in the script file still but it's not being played for some reason. I haven't checked the conversation with Luddick yet but I'm guessing already that those also exist still but they're not activated.

reborninshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-21, 15:35   #44
Jathom95

Quote:
Yeah there's no point in doing much with the herbalist and the pawnshop, I just picked that one first to try because it was the simplest one.

Now I looked at Pierre's conversation and I did this by replacing existing lines again to see but what's interesting is that this dialogue exists in the script file still but it's not being played for some reason. I haven't checked the conversation with Luddick yet but I'm guessing already that those also exist still but they're not activated.
Cool! Yeah, besides what you linked, there's a missing section of Pierre's dialogue in particular in the text files. I can't remember exactly how it goes, but apparently Pierre tries to call the cops on Lara. Then she tells him to put his hands up.

It's why he gets so defensive all of a sudden, with the "OK, OK. Take it easy. Are we going to deal?" "Only if you behave." dialogue
Old 28-06-21, 18:52   #45
reborninshadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jathom95 View Post
Cool! Yeah, besides what you linked, there's a missing section of Pierre's dialogue in particular in the text files. I can't remember exactly how it goes, but apparently Pierre tries to call the cops on Lara. Then she tells him to put his hands up.

It's why he gets so defensive all of a sudden, with the "OK, OK. Take it easy. Are we going to deal?" "Only if you behave." dialogue
I actually didn't link anything myself. These lines are already in the script file in this order, but they're not activated so I just replaced them with the beginning lines to see them.

Someone who actually has the programming knowledge to be able to modify files like this would probably be able to make them play without replacing anything but I doubt I can do much with this myself.
reborninshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-21, 18:59   #46
Jathom95

^ I was actually referring to the video you linked haha. That was my bad, should've specified.
Old 02-07-21, 17:40   #47
PostArcade17
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIKO View Post
Hi Kiko!
I had enough playtime and start to cut off the main .TXT file.
I will see it when 'Wake me up when September end'.

But we hear the convented wav files :

H: Good day. Welcome.
L: I was impressed by your display of energy herbs.
H: Ah, very well! What would you like to purchase?
L: What do you recommend for energy?
H: This is our selection.

We only know the Poison Antidote could be found in INVENT.gmx file.

PostArcade17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-21, 21:23   #48
KIKO

Quote:

Maybe they cut out that part because it’s just filler? I know some things were deemed unnecessary but that was during the concept stage. Maybe they revised it later on…
KIKO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-21, 22:07   #49
Jathom95

I'm not so sure. I'm pretty sure they intended to have it that way so that you could've possibly made both Bernard and Pierre mad and unwilling to help you. If I remember correctly, the choice where you give it to the Doorman plus €800 would've been the only way to get past at that point.

Or did you mean the herbalist dialogue? If so, yeah they probably started trimming Parisian Ghetto drastically in order to get a somewhat functional chain of events going with the story. There was a bunch of side stuff cut there. Like the punching bag hand to hand training at the church. Buying guns from Renne was fairly obvious why it was cut after they got rid of the Scrapyard level and he was made integral to the main story.

Last edited by Jathom95; 12-07-21 at 22:09.
Old 12-07-21, 23:55   #50
CircusBabysGal

Amazing to see we're still making improvments to AoD, cant wait for the day we will have something that looks like what Core Envisioned to have with AoD, looking forward to when we can compile a load of mods into a whole masterpiece.
CircusBabysGal is offline   Reply With Quote