www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Future of Tomb Raider

Old Yesterday, 20:03   #791
Vaskito
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dg1995 View Post
I think because that PSP was a less powerful console than PS2, then they could make it with less budget. Since when a game has better graphics, it requires more budget.
Oh, that actually makes some sense but would be that huge of a difference vs PS2 which was out for longer than PSP?
Old Yesterday, 20:22   #792
dg1995
Student

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaskito View Post
Oh, that actually makes some sense but would be that huge of a difference vs PS2 which was out for longer than PSP?
Well, I think making games on PSP was kinda easier especially if the PSP version was the base version of the game.

Because from what I know majority of the PSP games ran at 20 FPS and had a very low resolution.(So low resolution would allow the developers to hide ugly graphic effects.)
dg1995 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 20:49   #793
dcw123
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombraider95 View Post
I agree. If Core were given more time and were allowed to release the games when they wanted I'm sure there would have been a lot more improvement between each game. Being stuck in the yearly releases only allowed them to improve what they could at the time.

AOD is an example of them being too ambitious / evolving too much with the restraints that they had but they can still be admired for their effort. I think it's unfair how one poorly received game can outweigh the previous 5 mostly well received games that made such an impact on the gaming industry.

There were many mistakes and people to blame for AOD, yet today the issues would have been patched out and it would all be fine. Shame Core didn't get the chance to learn from that and do better for the sequel.
This.

Games these days get shipped in a FAR worse state - but devs can patch the issues out easily now.
AOD was from a time when this sort of thing just wasn't available.
dcw123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 20:50   #794
_Seth
Archaeologist

I find it amusing in front of myself that - IMO - scratchy, low res footage, of an alpha game, for the PSP, made with a small budget, looks far more atmospheric with it's beautiful use of colours, rich, moody lighting looks like it'd be a much better product than TRA in it's finished, higher production form does - and TRAE looks to not cut bucket loads of content, either, as all the levels were based on original geometry, just greatly enhanced.
Old Yesterday, 21:07   #795
dg1995
Student

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Seth View Post
I find it amusing in front of myself that - IMO - scratchy, low res footage, of an alpha game, for the PSP, made with a small budget, looks far more atmospheric with it's beautiful use of colours, rich, moody lighting looks like it'd be a much better product than TRA in it's finished, higher production form does - and TRAE looks to not cut bucket loads of content, either, as all the levels were based on original geometry, just greatly enhanced.
Maybe someone will leak that after few more years similar to the way that Warcraft Adventure game got leaked.
dg1995 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 21:10   #796
_Seth
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by dg1995 View Post
Maybe someone will leak that after few more years similar to the way that Warcraft Adventure game got leaked.
I bloody hope so. Ideal situation would be it's leaked in it's most complete state, and the talented fan community use assets TRA if need be (such as enemy character models with TRXtra textures) combined with TR1/AoD assets (such as sound effects) to complete the project as most likely intended.
Old Today, 14:43   #797
Sam91
Hobbyist

Default Classic remake

What do I think about it is that CD has not the right tools to make a real tomb raider game,even if is a remake and tomb raider anniversary is the proof.
If this brand will be in their hands I m afraid that itís not gonna happen,we need a team who really care about tomb raider and what this game was originally.
They only care to have their stupid version of Lara Croft and make people forget about the old and real Lara. No wonder why people here hate them!
Sam91 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 17:03   #798
Kivlov
Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam91 View Post
What do I think about it is that CD has not the right tools to make a real tomb raider game,even if is a remake and tomb raider anniversary is the proof.
If this brand will be in their hands I m afraid that it’s not gonna happen,we need a team who really care about tomb raider and what this game was originally.
They only care to have their stupid version of Lara Croft and make people forget about the old and real Lara. No wonder why people here hate them!
I can understand your feelings about the modern TR-games. But... Why are you so sure that everyone hate the modern Lara so much here? There're many fans here, who likes the modern version.
Old Today, 17:05   #799
ThatSassyKid
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam91 View Post
If this brand will be in their hands I m afraid that itís not gonna happen,we need a team who really care about tomb raider and what this game was originally.
ily new guy