Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Franchise > Future of Tomb Raider

Old 16-11-19, 23:43   #31
charmedangelin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legends View Post
It doesn't have to be. Breath of The Wild is a pretty good example of that.

This notion that you have to have a "friend" to tag along for the game to be fun is nonsense.
This I agree with, I don't get why people are trying to recapture something like the last of us. Why not just let the last of us or uncharted be their own games and let Tomb Raider and Zelda be what they are. It's the same as everyone trying to shove multiplayer and battle royal into Tomb Raider. Like, just let Tomb Raider be it's own thing? Fortnight, PUBG, COD are all there if you need a battle royal fix.
charmedangelin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-19, 01:33   #32
killchan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackoimina View Post
There shouldn't BE a 'next reboot'. This Lara, in this universe should be in the next game, in a new adventure, helmed by EM entirely if u ask me bc a HUGE portion of Shadow they nailed and it's the best TR game we got in years.
oh oh oh you'll be amazed by the number of players who disagree with everything you said: character, universe, developer, Shadow's quality and how high it ranks in the series...
killchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-19, 10:57   #33
jackoimina

Quote:
Originally Posted by killchan View Post
oh oh oh you'll be amazed by the number of players who disagree with everything you said: character, universe, developer, Shadow's quality and how high it ranks in the series...
Outside of this crazy forum, that's not what I'm seeing.
jackoimina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-19, 19:33   #34
Kubsy

They should make a reboot with real Lara. I felt like this reboot was really bad especially that it didn't had no true ending to the reboot just: "Wheeyy we saved the world let's party".
Kubsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-19, 17:53   #35
Halston

Only if it can be a far in the future spin-off called Tomb Raider: Womb. Otherwise, you can keep it luv.

Lara with Jonah or anyone else seems wrong and like the antithesis of her character. I also don’t want to ruin the head-canon that Lara is anything other than straight, or possibly aromantic altogether. I think the TR2013 writers developed her character to be that way on purpose iirc. It’s better to keep her alone with Winston as her only love.

Last edited by Halston; 21-11-19 at 17:55. Reason: Renamed it from Womb Raider because that’s a naughty film that already exists oops
Halston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-19, 19:12   #36
Aerie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kubsy View Post
They should make a reboot with real Lara. I felt like this reboot was really bad especially that it didn't had no true ending to the reboot just: "Wheeyy we saved the world let's party".
Every reboot game ending felt weird, like, "huh, seems like the game is already over... okay, time to move on."

You didn't feel like you accomplished something because you didn't. No puzzles, no real gameplay - Lara did everything on her own. No strong enemies etc.
Aerie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-19, 19:22   #37
SnatchingEdges

I don't mind the idea of Lara exploring with someone else (or a child if it's not a brat) only if it's just a part of the game. I think the puzzles could be interesting, but I'm not sure if a whole game in company is a good idea.
SnatchingEdges is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-19, 19:37   #38
jackoimina

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnatchingEdges View Post
I don't mind the idea of Lara exploring with someone else (or a child if it's not a brat) only if it's just a part of the game. I think the puzzles could be interesting, but I'm not sure if a whole game in company is a good idea.
This. Replaying Shadow now and this is kinda perfect for me, Jonah is there enough to make his connection to Lara meaningful and add a bit to both of their characters BUT she is also alone for A LOT of the game so it works nicely, doesn't get boring. Worst part is Paititi I guess where there is people everywhere all the time haha
jackoimina is offline   Reply With Quote