Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Franchise > Future of Tomb Raider

Old 02-12-19, 05:39   #1
RAID

Default In-Game lines should be recorded twice and here's why

Spider Man on PS4 did a very good job on this. The style of the line varies on whether Spidey is standing still or running. See below.

https://www.cinemablend.com/games/24...dialogue-twice

I always thought it was weird and awkward when Lara is jumping around and delivering lines as if she were sitting comfortably in an armchair shipping tea. This will add more immersion to the game I believe.

I'm not sure if this has been ever mentioned before, but the developer, be it Crystal or Eidos should take note.

Thoughts?
RAID is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-19, 08:50   #2
_Seth

I don't mind too much. If Camilla returns then the voice acting will be dismal, regardless. They don't need an excuse to make her sound even more like a panting pug, tbh.
_Seth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-19, 11:23   #3
Tombraider95

Yeah I was impressed with this in Spiderman and also noticed the same in Days Gone when Deacon is driving the bike.

If Lara was driving a vehicle it would probably work a lot better. Just jumping around I'm not sure if it's worth it, as I'd prefer Lara to mostly speak during cutscenes only.
Tombraider95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-19, 11:35   #4
jackoimina

Who cares about little things like this when they first have to nail bigger problems like character and story development if they want their next AAA TR title to be a success both critically and financially. Those other games you guys mention (days gone, spiderman) have all of those other aspects done much better and contain more creative gameplay and story elements than this TR trilogy (even though TR isn't bad itself, it's just rotten in the middle, with Rise) so they can afford to play with little details and improvements like changing voice for diferent situations.

It's a great idea, yes, but I'd rather have them invest some time and though into moulding a clear direction for TR as a whole and stick to it and hire a proven great writer who's gonna be given the freedom to make a TR game that feels 100% unique and fresh and fully fleshed out in all aspects. Than they can worry about changing Laras voice, flexing her muscles while she climbs and what not.
jackoimina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-19, 00:39   #5
Yeauxleaux

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Seth View Post
I don't mind too much. If Camilla returns then the voice acting will be dismal, regardless. They don't need an excuse to make her sound even more like a panting pug, tbh.

I don't need this either. It's a cool idea on paper and I liked it in Spiderman but not every game needs it. I'd rather they spend money on areas that actually seriously need improvement, like better level design and a better damn script.
Yeauxleaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-19, 13:17   #6
ThatSassyKid

I think it's a nice niche addition, but it really doesn't matter all that much when they can barely make an enjoyable game anyway.
ThatSassyKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-19, 19:57   #7
Daft Raider
Inactive

This would be great detail to add! I love when games have these little touches! Buuuut, like Seth so perfectly put it:

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Seth View Post
If Camilla returns then the voice acting will be dismal, regardless. They don't need an excuse to make her sound even more like a panting pug, tbh.
Daft Raider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-19, 03:45   #8
NoahCrofRaider

That’d be a nice touch. How noticeable it’d be depends, but I’m sure it’d be an ever so small but nice drop of reality.
NoahCrofRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-19, 07:17   #9
tomblover

Isn't Lara supposed to not talk at all during gameplay?
tomblover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-19, 18:51   #10
robm_2007

I misinterpreted the thread title thinking the OP meant that they do one take and that's it. Whiiiich wouldn't surprise me if some scenes were done that way.
robm_2007 is offline   Reply With Quote