Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Franchise > Future of Tomb Raider

Old 10-11-19, 07:14   #1541
JoelCaesar

Honestly after the three games. They are seriously just baiting us at this point. Would it be so hard for CD/EM to give Lara dual pistols?
JoelCaesar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-19, 08:27   #1542
XXIIXX
Inactive

You guys do make good points and, believe me, I want stuff like the dual pistols back as much as anyone.

I think that their approach was to create a super fleshed out origins story for Lara in a way that makes her feel like a fully-realised and not a one-dimensional character but eventually make her feel more fun like she used to be. There's been little signs of that in all three games so I'm thinking we're getting there.

I do think that it took too long and that some parts of the origins trilogy were a bit off but, overall, it did succeed in bringing the series back in the mainstream and making lots of money in the process so they at least get props for that.

TRII and III sold less than TR and Anniversary and Underworld sold less than Legend so Rise and Shadow selling less than 2013 does not indicate that the series flopped in any way, this is how it's always been.

How I perceive things is that now that they've told their dark and gritty reimagined story of how Lara Croft came to be she will start resembling her former self. People seem to think this would only be possible with a "personality transplant" but I don't think that's the case. Reboot Lara can be fun and witty, she just hasn't had many of these chances yet. If the games' mood shifts from gloomy and personal she'll be a lot less tense. She also admitted it herself that she needs to be more chill from now on, right?

I'd be lying if I didn't admit I have doubts or fears about how true this new Lara will be to her former self but all things seem to lead to this direction

We'll see. Maybe their Marvel brake will help them come back to the franchise with a fresh mindset and fresh goals.

Last edited by XXIIXX; 10-11-19 at 08:32.
XXIIXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-19, 11:01   #1543
tomee

Yeah, I honestly don't have a sliver of hope. They'll announce the next game in 2020 or 2021 maybe, bait us with the proverbial carrot once again and then slowly backpedal on everything. It's a joke. And frankly I also lost respect for them due to the total refusal for communication with us.

I'm sure I'll buy the next game, I'll probably enjoy it too, but I heavily dislike all the companies involved with the game now. They suck. I'm so sick of supporting companies that think so little of us.
tomee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-19, 13:35   #1544
XXIIXX
Inactive

The lack of communication part I can agree on. It's one of the most bizarre handling of a tough situation I've seen in a lot of time...
XXIIXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-19, 21:53   #1545
FanosCroft

anyone saw this? http://vgleaks.com/square-enix-devel...-for-consoles/
FanosCroft is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-19, 22:15   #1546
Vaskito

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanosCroft View Post
It says "new IP", so it's not TR
Vaskito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-19, 10:37   #1547
jajay119

Quote:
Originally Posted by XXIIXX View Post

I think that their approach was to create a super fleshed out origins story for Lara in a way that makes her feel like a fully-realised and not a one-dimensional character but eventually make her feel more fun like she used to be. There's been little signs of that in all three games so I'm thinking we're getting there.
Well with all due respect they failed and they did so by dragging it out so long and consistently flogging the long dead, killed by Eitr, horse of the parents. TR13 was an excellent retelling of Lara’s origins and she was a in a great place by the end of it. Both in personality and in motivation. What we ended up feels like a ‘choose your own origins story’ out of three possible entries.
jajay119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-19, 10:52   #1548
Chamayoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaskito View Post
It says "new IP", so it's not TR
I'm fine with that, as in the website it only said "action game experience". When we talked about TR, please everyone should say "action adventure game experience".
Chamayoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-19, 13:47   #1549
charmedangelin

It's also from their Japanese side of the branch so I doubt it has anything at all to do with Tomb Raider.
charmedangelin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-19, 14:34   #1550
FanosCroft

ok
FanosCroft is online now   Reply With Quote