Inactive

This forum is corrupted by the reboot.
New Dwight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-18, 07:03   #12
Fantasy

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Dwight View Post
I’d say it was corrupted by the constant arguments, insults and trolling.
Fantasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-18, 07:50   #13
New Dwight
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantasy View Post
to which you choose to engage in.
New Dwight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-18, 10:01   #14
Maverin

In my opinion, Tomb Raider never left. It was a different experience, I'll agree on that, but it was necessary and still worthy of the name Tomb Raider. Lara never stopped analysing tombs and scripts, documents and artifacts and she always had an interest in different cultures. The reboot was just a more realistic approach of the same concept really.

Although I still don't get why they refuse to include one outfit with shorts and a backpack with a ponytail. It would be a simple way of paying homage to the classics and it would please so many fans, while at the same time I can't see it interfering or hurting their own version of Lara.
Maverin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-18, 14:06   #15
Legends

Quote:
Originally Posted by Portugalraider View Post
Tomb Raider came back in 2015 with RotTR.
Hm. Why Rise? I'd argue Shadow is the most Tomb Raidery of the reboot games.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverin View Post
In my opinion, Tomb Raider never left. It was a different experience, I'll agree on that, but it was necessary and still worthy of the name Tomb Raider. Lara never stopped analysing tombs and scripts, documents and artifacts and she always had an interest in different cultures. The reboot was just a more realistic approach of the same concept really.

Although I still don't get why they refuse to include one outfit with shorts and a backpack with a ponytail. It would be a simple way of paying homage to the classics and it would please so many fans, while at the same time I can't see it interfering or hurting their own version of Lara.
It surly was a different experience. The backpack being left out is strange. At least in Rise and Shadow. I wonder if they will redesign everything, or if they will keep some of the current structure.
Legends is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-18, 14:55   #16
Grimaldi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverin View Post
Well said. I actually felt the reboot had more of an “archaeological” feel than the past games in how Lara analyses and relays information, the realism lending itself towards more accuracy, the relic system, and stuff like that. Past games did a much better job on the grand “adventure” vibe which I was happy to see return slightly in Shadow.

If they could salvage the care put into the sense of history in the reboot games and combine it with a Lara that was evocative of LAU, clearly invested in the knowledge but also sport of her adventures, with less realistic and more fantastical environments, and more creative and blatant supernatural elements, I’d be quite happy.
Grimaldi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-18, 15:16   #17
Portugalraider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legends View Post
Hm. Why Rise? I'd argue Shadow is the most Tomb Raidery of the reboot games.
Personally I feel that RotTR was already a proper Tomb Raider game, though Shadow does seem to be the most Tomb Raider-y of the three.
Portugalraider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-18, 16:28   #18
Yeauxleaux

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantasy View Post
Quote:
to which you choose to engage in.
Oh-em-gee!!!

Anyway I want the reboot era to be over and for that Lara to be off on her merry way. I don't care. I want either a re-reboot or a soft-return to an older version of the character that doesn't suck and isn't lame. Something closer resembling Lara as she was please.

#ByeLaura

Last edited by Yeauxleaux; 27-10-18 at 16:29.
Yeauxleaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-18, 16:37   #19
Jamise_Croft

I love the reboot but this franchise need the classic Lara back
Jamise_Croft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-18, 16:43   #20
NoahCrofRaider

I do think could get a healthy mixture of old and new without rebooting again. Reboot Lara could definitely own classic Lara’s sass, sarcasm, and wit without seeming out of place, and I think some better posture or grace with her movements isn’t too much either. But she definitely couldn’t be more flirty or seductive/sexy like classic Lara. I don’t think that will work no matter how you slice it, given how reboot Lara is much more introverted and sometimes awkward.

Personally, I think giving us a Lara more similar to how she was written in the comics is the first step. From all I’ve seen and know, she’s closer to classic Lara in those, even though there would still need to be some changes.

Last edited by NoahCrofRaider; 27-10-18 at 16:45.
NoahCrofRaider is offline   Reply With Quote