Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Franchise > Future of Tomb Raider

Old 26-09-19, 16:26   #11
NoahCrofRaider

No offense, but isn’t this like the 99th version of the same thread? Don’t get me wrong, I’m not opposed to some more stylish outfits in the next game, but still.

Nonetheless, I would actually like if we saw more outfits like in the comics, specifically in the latest post-Rise ones. I’m also 100% for reboot Lara being a woman who doesn’t quite understand fashion (a bit of my own headcanon tbh).. Like sometimes she can really snap with her outfits whereas other times it can look a bit awkward... in an endearing or appreciable way. Just my opinion
NoahCrofRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-19, 17:20   #12
Raider8

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoahCrofRaider View Post
No offense, but isn’t this like the 99th version of the same thread? Don’t get me wrong, I’m not opposed to some more stylish outfits in the next game, but still.
Was gonna say the exact. I feel like the same thread gets repeated in different coatings. and I'm still looking forward to start my own first ever thread on some attractive topic.
Raider8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-19, 21:59   #13
Error96

I totally agree with the OP. These issues beyond anything else really drag the recent games down a lot for me. I don't get the buzz or excitement to see Lara so serious rather a an edgy sleek character like she was before. I look at the range of female assassin type characters out there and they all have this enigmatic charisma but Lara has thrown away to become more relatable. I find it hard to be endeared to her being so burdened and just want some fun or enjoyment from her. Not wanting to go over old ground I find the recent TR's wardrobe for the most part ugly, bulky and masculine - in need of a major rethink. At least the praise for tactical adventurer and retro updates from the fandom gives the devs a direction to push more.

If the things in the tittle were achieved, the whole reboot could be lifted gigantically and the fandom reaction to the games would improve a lot. I root for the thread title 100%.
Error96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-19, 09:23   #14
FanosCroft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daft Raider View Post
Exactly. It’s just not realistic for Laura to wear anything that’s stylish or interesting. Her outfits have to be boxy, and extremely pedestrian. She should wear outfits that are exactly appropriate for the climate whilst she’s throwing her pickaxe into the face of a rock like a grapple, and killing undead mythical creatures, you know, all the extremely other realistic things that she does. Her outfit has to match that!!!

Also Laura looks so sexy dressed up with 14 pounds of animal skins, it’s so realistic because she hunts a deer that one time! <3
"LaUrA" imagine how tired we are of this, and by we I mean the rest of the world
FanosCroft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-19, 16:30   #15
lance6439

Shes stylish and charismatic in the reboot movie and reboot comics.
lance6439 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-19, 16:56   #16
Zebra

Honestly, I don't think Lara should be super stylish. In my mind, she's just not the kind of person who cares too much for fashion or looking pretty. She probably understands it to some degree thanks to her upbringing and she can use that understanding if needed but if it were up to her, she'd just wear practical, comfortable clothing 24/7. That being said, I definitely agree that Lara's personality needs to go back to being more confident, sarcastic, etc.
Zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-19, 18:26   #17
Daft Raider
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zebra View Post
Honestly, I don't think Lara should be super stylish. In my mind, she's just not the kind of person who cares too much for fashion or looking pretty. She probably understands it to some degree thanks to her upbringing and she can use that understanding if needed but if it were up to her, she'd just wear practical, comfortable clothing 24/7. That being said, I definitely agree that Lara's personality needs to go back to being more confident, sarcastic, etc.
Yeah, I don’t think Lara was ever really a ~fashionista~ per say, Most of the time the outfits have always been practical, now, they weren’t bogged down by the plague of ~realism~ that we have today, but they were fun without being over the top. I think what it is, is that even with them being practical the outfits back then were interesting and had a flare of style to them, my two faves being the catsuit and the South Pacific outfits, those outfits aren’t anything special but I think Lara’s confidence and just overall presence was so strong that she could’ve wore a potato sack and it would’ve looked good.

Now all we get is medieval armor and animal skins, lol. Everyone’s too worried about having everything be so realistic that Laura will get the West Nile virus from a mosquito bite if she wears shorts so we’ve lost that fun in her style. (I do love the green coat in Rise tho)
Daft Raider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-19, 20:09   #18
Samz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daft Raider View Post
Yeah, I don’t think Lara was ever really a ~fashionista~ per say, Most of the time the outfits have always been practical, now, they weren’t bogged down by the plague of ~realism~ that we have today, but they were fun without being over the top. I think what it is, is that even with them being practical the outfits back then were interesting and had a flare of style to them, my two faves being the catsuit and the South Pacific outfits, those outfits aren’t anything special but I think Lara’s confidence and just overall presence was so strong that she could’ve wore a potato sack and it would’ve looked good.

Now all we get is medieval armor and animal skins, lol. Everyone’s too worried about having everything be so realistic that Laura will get the West Nile virus from a mosquito bite if she wears shorts so we’ve lost that fun in her style. (I do love the green coat in Rise tho)
Its not even good realistic since...well...Medieval armor isn't used at all anymore for a reason, it doesn't stop gunfire, you might as well put a bible in a your shirt for as much protection as you'll get. (admittingly not 1-1 but a Bible also probably isn't heavy.)
It just makes Lara look like silly since literallly all it would do is make her an easier target.
Samz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-19, 20:38   #19
Daft Raider
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samz View Post
Its not even good realistic since...well...Medieval armor isn't used at all anymore for a reason, it doesn't stop gunfire, you might as well put a bible in a your shirt for as much protection as you'll get. (admittingly not 1-1 but a Bible also probably isn't heavy.)
It just makes Lara look like silly since literallly all it would do is make her an easier target.
!!!!

Woah, how dare you. The reboot games are 100% Realistic™ and practical always.

Seriously tho, lol. I think it just goes back to Laura being too pedestrian. Lara Croft is supposed to be larger than life not a relatable girl next door pleb. But for some reason that’s the aesthetic they’re going for and obsessed with, thus her cardboard esque personality is reflected in her unfortunate wardrobe choices.
Daft Raider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-19, 21:36   #20
Baslakor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Error96 View Post

(...) the whole reboot could be lifted gigantically and the fandom reaction to the games would improve a lot.
No, because everybody has their own imagine of what they want to see and as long as it's not exactly like that, people will complain. Ergo, as long as the fandom will not accept different approaches, it will always be divided.

Personally, stylish outfits fit more a spy than a tomb raider, but I'll go with whatever they think will be most successful.
Baslakor is offline   Reply With Quote