Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Franchise > Future of Tomb Raider

Old 29-09-19, 21:42   #21
Samz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baslakor View Post
No, because everybody has their own imagine of what they want to see and as long as it's not exactly like that, people will complain. Ergo, as long as the fandom will not accept different approaches, it will always be divided.

Personally, stylish outfits fit more a spy than a tomb raider, but I'll go with whatever they think will be most successful.
I like stylish and more practical outfits.
The Big reason the reboot bothers me about it? because it has outfit DLC, because it has a ton of outifts, the fact we got a DLC roadmap for shadow...that mostly consisted of recolours for the tribal outfits no one liked last time I checked, I think one or two actually new outfits and a recolour of the base outfit to have the same pallette as the classic outfit.

Tomb Raider 2013 only had one outfit not counting DLC, didn't bother me.

When you add a bunch of non-canon outfits, then make a good chunk recolours of outfits no one likes in the first place, well its silly.

Legend had a decent variety of outfits, Sports-wear, suits, Military gear, Dresses, Bikini in croft manor if you want to acknowledge that, Snowy outfit with/without Jacket and all of them had recolours, still a little low IMO but they spanned a decent variety, you even could play as Goth lara, which gave her a pale look or Amanda.

DLC outfits IMO should almost never be recolours, more so if you're paying for them.

Last edited by Samz; 29-09-19 at 21:44.
Samz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-19, 22:49   #22
TrustyBow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samz View Post
Legend had a decent variety of outfits, Sports-wear, suits, Military gear, Dresses, Bikini in croft manor if you want to acknowledge that, Snowy outfit with/without Jacket and all of them had recolours, still a little low IMO but they spanned a decent variety, you even could play as Goth lara, which gave her a pale look or Amanda.

DLC outfits IMO should almost never be recolours, more so if you're paying for them.
Rise & Shadow had a decent variety, as well. If we just look at Rise, it had adventure outfits (Tank Top/Henley's), the knight armors, Casual Wear (Leather jacket), military wear (Infiltrator, Commander), and all the classic remasters.

Imo, the reboot titles have some great costumes, but the problem is that they have so many, and the majority aren't good. The survivor look is easily Lara's second most recognizable look. In addition, Rise's desert tank top & Remnant jacket, along with Shadow's Adventurer, explorer and tactical suits are some of the franchises best costumes, for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baslakor View Post
Personally, stylish outfits fit more a spy than a tomb raider, but I'll go with whatever they think will be most successful.
That's a really good point.

If they want to mix practicality and style, without it feeling out of character, I think they should focus on giving her modern adventure-like outfits. Something akin to Underworld's Casual Explorer or Shadow's Adventurer outfit.
TrustyBow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-19, 02:05   #23
Gemma Darkmoon

I really do love it when Lara is all fashionable. To do it and do it with style or to send out the message that you don't have to dress like a boy to be strong. Femininity is strong in it own regard.

We have more outfits than ever before yet it seems so limited compared to the variety in Legend or Anniversary. Plain military, tribal, animal skins just don't appeal to me. It doesn't matter how many endless variations or recolours of them appear as I don't like the base design. There are some successes in reboot like the more trendy tactical adventurer set or Antarctica remastered but these are a small proportion of the options. The devs need to acknowledge that while some fans want plain and practical stuff there needs to be more options for the rest of us who want something more stylish.
Gemma Darkmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-19, 11:47   #24
Cal20608

I’m not really sure Lara is all that stylish or needs to be I’m down for whatever happens. To me lara just wears active clothing on adventures unless forced into the situation ex.( denim jacket, Japan dress,& 2013 outfit). One of my favorites is the grey Henley I think it fits the adventure theme well.
Cal20608 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-19, 17:26   #25
AntRaidsTombs

We want Lara to be everything in the world, except a Tomb Raider lol. Now y’all want her to be a fashion model raiding tombs?
AntRaidsTombs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-19, 17:35   #26
VictorXD

^ Do you EVER post anything else other than complaining about other people's posts and requests? Every damn time it's either 'lol you guys complain so much about this thing that does not bother me therefore it is inconsequential' or some variation of that. You sound like a broken record.
VictorXD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-19, 18:03   #27
Tombraider95

The whole point of Lara as a character was that she loved doing what she did, and she looked good doing it.

Whatever the next game is... I really hope her model and outfit look better. imo she hasn't looked the part since GOL. I really liked how Reboot Lara looked in some of the concept art... but it didn't particularly reflect the same standard in game.
Tombraider95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-19, 18:28   #28
Tomb Raidering

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombraider95 View Post
The whole point of Lara as a character was that she loved doing what she did, and she looked good doing it.

Whatever the next game is... I really hope her model and outfit look better. imo she hasn't looked the part since GOL. I really liked how Reboot Lara looked in some of the concept art... but it didn't particularly reflect the same standard in game.
I want them to expand on the Temple of Osiris Lara. She’s the perfect mix of the new and the old, with her body proportions and features resembling Classic/LAU Lara alo’g with Rise/Shadow Laras’ face... A few flashy outifts along with some tactical ones should do it imo...

About her personality: I’m not expecting a total Classic one (that would be so unlikely and actually cringey), I want them to continue with Shadow Lara’s character with signs that show that she’s enjoying what she’s doing........
Tomb Raidering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-19, 18:42   #29
NoahCrofRaider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomb Raidering View Post
I want them to expand on the Temple of Osiris Lara. She’s the perfect mix of the new and the old, with her body proportions and features resembling Classic/LAU Lara alo’g with Rise/Shadow Laras’ face... A few flashy outifts along with some tactical ones should do it imo...
Same. ToO Lara is really nice. She’s more or less my modern-day classic Lara, she just needs to be more tanned and muscular. And no Keeley Hawes either, please.
NoahCrofRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-19, 18:55   #30
Tomb Raidering

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoahCrofRaider View Post
Same. ToO Lara is really nice. She’s more or less my modern-day classic Lara, she just needs to be more tanned and muscular. And no Keeley Hawes either, please.
If Jonell Elliot eturns for voicing, I would be very happy. She’s young, girly voice along with the hints of maturity would fit Reboot Lara’s next phase of life. I mean, even Classic Lara changed VAs.........
Tomb Raidering is offline   Reply With Quote