Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Franchise > Future of Tomb Raider

Old 31-10-19, 23:34   #21
VictorXD

Quote:
Originally Posted by krycekuva View Post
isn't it all rather relative and unfairly described?
Not really considering only people with a trained eye and who know how to spot differences between pre colonial civilizations and are gonna be able to really tell the difference. It's hardly a wonder for example that TR1 Peru is a big orgy mix of Mayans, Incas and Astecs.

And the main point here is recycling similar locations and cultures for a long time while there are countless cultures we've not even scratched the surface in 23 years.
VictorXD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-19, 04:16   #22
krycekuva

no no, i agree... im ready for some good old castles, catacombs, abrahamic mythologies etc... considering that we just had forests, mountains, jungles, japanese, greek and mayan temples, its probably to be expected that we get some european or near east related adventures... castles or pyramids... probably pyramids to cement the "return" of the "classic" lara,... although i would rather have castles.
krycekuva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-19, 13:36   #23
Alterjano

Quote:
Originally Posted by XXIIXX View Post
https://m.imgur.com/a/GSMPbYS

South America is still surprisingly untapped. Africa too and, obviously, Oceania.
For the next game, I really hope we get more of a focus on mythologies and lost cities that haven't been covered previously in older Uncharted and Tomb Raider games. Lara herself hasn't ventured properly in certain African and South Pacific territories, so I hope we get more coverage in those areas in the sequel.

Last edited by Alterjano; 18-11-19 at 08:20.
Alterjano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-19, 05:17   #24
SoraSakai
Inactive

How about a fictitious country? That could be fun.
SoraSakai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-19, 17:53   #25
Cezar

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictorXD View Post

And LG:GO the ruins have very Mayan inspired stone heads, and considering the entire architecture it's safe to say it's probably somewhere in Mexico.
In 2015 creators of Lara Croft GO, Square Enix Montreal, confirmed to my website, that this game takes place in Amazon jungle

Stéfanie Jolin from Square Enix Montréal:

Quote:
This game is supposed to be set in South America in the Amazonian jungle. The snakes and ruins of the temple are indeed inspired by myths, but I am unsure of the precise location of where the game is taking place.

Last edited by Cezar; 08-11-19 at 18:01.
Cezar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-19, 20:19   #26
Legends

I don't think we need to ditch South America, but do it properly next time. That seems to be the problem more than the actual location.
Legends is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-19, 20:50   #27
XXIIXX
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legends View Post
I don't think we need to ditch South America, but do it properly next time. That seems to be the problem more than the actual location.
What's wrong with TR1, Legend, Anniversary and Shadow's attempts at it?

The only location I can think of that is genuinely misrepresented and "wrong" in TR is Greece.
XXIIXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-19, 21:12   #28
Aikon

Well, I would like a totally modern setting because jungles and stuff have become too reduntant IMHO.

I mean, Assassin's Creed 2 showed pretty well how you don't need jungles, lush environments and forgotten/ancient cities to have crypts and tombs that provide exploration, puzzles and great platforming.
Aikon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-19, 21:21   #29
cephasjames

I'm sure there is all manner of stuff that could be found buried beneath modern cities that she could explore. The middle east has cities on top of cities.
cephasjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-19, 21:39   #30
Legends

Quote:
Originally Posted by XXIIXX View Post
What's wrong with TR1, Legend, Anniversary and Shadow's attempts at it?

The only location I can think of that is genuinely misrepresented and "wrong" in TR is Greece.
Shadow only takes place in South America, but the other games have several other locations. And the jungle they created for Shadow is just tiny path before you find the the useless hubs.
Legends is offline   Reply With Quote