Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Franchise > Future of Tomb Raider

Old 15-11-19, 23:34   #41
Daft Raider
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackmoor View Post
I just don't get why they couldn't see that the story shown in the trailer was >>>>>> more exciting than the one we got. And also, if you have to portray your story differently in the trailer to make it look more exciting then you should know that you didn't do a great story.

I know some trailers deceive a little bit in order to not give away spoilers but that's not what happened with the trailer for Shadow. They full on pretended it was something it wasn't.

And even thought there were bits of the story that I liked a lot in Shadow, I actually think they were pretty deceptive in their advertising and they should have written the story that was alluded to in the trailer.
This whole post is the TEA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomb Raidering View Post
But how would have they changed the story so deep into development? There were 6 months to release. They should have done an honest trailer imo.....
I'm completely assuming, but I think maybe another company (similar to how a different company created the visuals for the Turning Point trailer) created the CGI trailer based off a synopsis that was given to them? That's the only thing I can think of as to why it's so drastically different to the final product even though it was so late in the development state. I would think they'd be more hands on to stop stuff like this from happening, but considering they retcon stuff every game and with how sloppy Shadow is in general, it wouldn't surprise me if they handed it off to a 3rd party company and just said "HERE MAKE THIS!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidd Bowyer View Post
Honestly? My best guess is that the trailer was put together when the story concept was very different, maybe a situation like what happened with OverStrike/Fuse. (For clarification this trailer and this trailer are for the same game.)

Still, I will admit it bums me out. The trailer story seems to have the same "Oh no, Lara f***ed up big time!" plot device, but in a way that seems to be a lot more about her, rather than Trinity.
The only thing about OverStrike/Fuse is that it was changed due to the developers focus testing the game to death and changing everything to appeal to a demographic of young boys.

With shadows trailer I honestly feel like it just boils down to a different team/company being handed a short synopsis of the story and what they wanted from the trailer, and then the company created the CGI trailer off that.

Last edited by Daft Raider; 15-11-19 at 23:35.
Daft Raider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-19, 14:36   #42
charmedangelin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackmoor View Post
I just don't get why they couldn't see that the story shown in the trailer was >>>>>> more exciting than the one we got. And also, if you have to portray your story differently in the trailer to make it look more exciting then you should know that you didn't do a great story.

I know some trailers deceive a little bit in order to not give away spoilers but that's not what happened with the trailer for Shadow. They full on pretended it was something it wasn't.

And even thought there were bits of the story that I liked a lot in Shadow, I actually think they were pretty deceptive in their advertising and they should have written the story that was alluded to in the trailer.
And I Oop....
charmedangelin is online now   Reply With Quote