Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Franchise > Future of Tomb Raider

Old 12-11-19, 16:45   #11
Patrick star

Oh yes how dare CD/EM/SE work on some game that isn't TR , the audacity .

Btw , who are the "Us" that you're talking about ?
Patrick star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-19, 16:48   #12
andre_costa

Honestly, the only problem I have with CD/EM/SE is that they told us they weren't able to give Lara the duals because the system wasn't ready only to give the duals to Black Widow

Last edited by andre_costa; 12-11-19 at 16:49.
andre_costa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-19, 16:50   #13
Gian Carlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legends View Post
They occasionally tell us they listen, but their actions never reflects that.
Baby steps...
Gian Carlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-19, 16:58   #14
Vaskito

Even though I do agree that their communication/promotion during SOTTR was poor, that's not an indicative of them "Not listening".

Shadow is literally a game with lots of fan requests implemented.

The same goes for the fact that they want to stick with a direction and their vision, instead of dropping it all and do EVERY SINGLE THING everyone requests instead, isn't "not listening" either. SOTTR was a great compromise, imo. Keeping their vision and direction, while implementing some of the stuff that was requested.

Also, now we're in an expected lull/hiatus. What are you expecting them to say right now, when the next game is probably still in waayy early development, all the while finishing up the last leg of the main dev of the Avengers project?
Vaskito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-19, 17:08   #15
AshesBorn

^ When the DE came out, they could've addressed some of the questions the fans have been asking since SOTTR's release... or just said anything, really. But no, total silence, not just on the forums but on all other social media too. Morrigan popped up on TRF a few times, but kept quiet. It's like there's a gag order or smth. I'm personally not too fussed, but it is weird.

Last edited by AshesBorn; 12-11-19 at 17:16.
AshesBorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-19, 17:10   #16
tomblover

I can't post it here because of schoolyard profanity, but look up the "let me talk to you" meme on YouTube. I feel like that's pretty dead-on what TRF is like in the eyes of SE/CD/EM, and it's not without reason...
tomblover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-19, 17:11   #17
TrustyBow

I definitely wouldn't listen to this site if I were them.
TrustyBow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-19, 17:55   #18
Patrick star

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrustyBow View Post
I definitely wouldn't listen to this site if I were them.
Bingo . Imagine me being a dev browsing some fan forum and seeing an echo chamber of a thread where some people are suggesting/implying that me and my team are nothing but a pressed butthurt illuminati-like dark group whose main objective is to obliterate and smash anything that relates to an old iteration of the main protagonist of the video game I'm developing , and wishing that we get fired/shut down etc .

Would I then proceed to take them seriously on other occasions like suggestions for the next games and what not ? not unless I'm really really thick , the middle finger would be my choice .

Last edited by Patrick star; 12-11-19 at 17:56.
Patrick star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-19, 18:04   #19
Vaskito

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick star View Post
Bingo . Imagine me being a dev browsing some fan forum and seeing an echo chamber of a thread where some people are suggesting/implying that me and my team are nothing but a pressed butthurt illuminati-like dark group whose main objective is to obliterate and smash anything that relates to an old iteration of the main protagonist of the video game I'm developing , and wishing that we get fired/shut down etc .
This was so specifically accurate, that I don't know weather to find it funny or sad.

I so agree with your sentinment. If I was in their shoes, TRF would be the last place I'd give a damn, as well as some TR "influencers", after the many stuff said
Vaskito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-19, 18:23   #20
AshesBorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaskito View Post
I so agree with your sentinment. If I was in their shoes, TRF would be the last place I'd give a damn, as well as some TR "influencers", after the many stuff said
Could this have been any less subtle?
AshesBorn is online now   Reply With Quote