Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Franchise > Future of Tomb Raider

Old 19-11-19, 12:04   #11
Chamayoo

They could. It's actually more possible than it was in 2016. For the 25th anniversary it could work.
However they could make something entirely different for the anniversary. An animated series, a spin off game, a mobile game, ect...
Or there will be nothing and be 2019 all over again. 🤡
Chamayoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-19, 12:08   #12
Tombraider95

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackoimina View Post
Yeah they will, ofc they will, because so many players are going to buy those, millions of kids and teenagers nowadays LOVE CLASSIC TR GAMES
Crash, Spryo, Rachet and Clank, Zelda...
Tombraider95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-19, 12:19   #13
tomee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerie View Post

Reason 1: They canceled Croft Manor/8th DLC in Shadow of the Tomb Raider.
-> they want to use the Manor in the remake.
They are redefining what "Lara Croft" means. They're intentionally denying her classic features and iconography to keep it clear. No, they don't want to use the manor. Eidos did, but I'm sure even their version was going to be highly limited and kept short and simple.

Quote:
Reason 2: There are very talented people in this community who are working on there own remakes (TR 2, TR 3, new Level Editor which will result in even more fans making remakes and new TR games.)
-> they will lose potential buyers if they don't act fast
These won't impact their sales. Fan remakes are free and I'm sure TRLE is only losing players as the years pass. Nicobass' TR2 remake won't influence sales either. It's a fantastic demo, but that's all it will ever be. He'll never be able to finish the full game alone.

Quote:
Reason 3: Remakes are In at the moment and sell well.
This is true, but even with this in mind, rereleasing the old games seems more likely than actual remakes. Square could outsource it to a different studio and have them go at it.

Quote:
Reason 4: The reboots are over and crystal has to come up with a new concept anyway.
No they don't. The reboot isn't over, her origin story is. They just need to freshen up the formula, give Lara some updated animations, come up with a story and she's ready to go. Besides even if the reboot was over, that doesn't at all mean a remake is the only way to go forward. Even you said they "have to come up with a new concept". A remake is not a new concept. It's just killing time until they're ready to create more original stories and I'd rather they just stuck to what they started.
tomee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-19, 13:13   #14
paulojr_mam

It should have been done already. So since it isn't, I don't think they will.
paulojr_mam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-19, 13:22   #15
JoelCaesar

It is feasible that they would make a Tomb Raider 2 remake and release it for Tomb Raider's 25th anniversary but...

I don't know somehow I strongly doubt it will happen.
- What gameplay mechanics would they use? LAU or Reboot?
- Would the graphics go for ultra-realism or would they stylise it?
- How would they create the levels themselves? Would the Maria Doria stay upside down? and be excessively long?
- Would the monks be an optional ally or operate ala Paititi rebels or the Remnant?
JoelCaesar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-19, 13:29   #16
JsotoTRSaga

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulojr_mam View Post
This.

I would take remakes, remasters or reimaginings just anything classic over what we have now. I hope CD/SE/EM realizes Tomb Raider needs to change direction now furthermore into the classic territory, I believe they have realized it but have no intention of executing it bc money is far more a priority than progressing a franchise.
JsotoTRSaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-19, 14:07   #17
jackoimina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombraider95 View Post
Crash, Spryo, Rachet and Clank, Zelda...
Tomb Raider is nowhere near most of those brands when it comes to cult status. Too many below-average entries before it got rebooted in 2013. Also the problem of over sexualization of Lara which CD is trying to get away from. The image of classic TR games isn't exactly intact for them to be held on a pedestal by the wider audience. And it obviously isn't good enough for new devs to see it as something to aim for again...
jackoimina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-19, 14:27   #18
Tombraider95

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackoimina View Post
Tomb Raider is nowhere near most of those brands when it comes to cult status. Too many below-average entries before it got rebooted in 2013. Also the problem of over sexualization of Lara which CD is trying to get away from. The image of classic TR games isn't exactly intact for them to be held on a pedestal by the wider audience. And it obviously isn't good enough for new devs to see it as something to aim for again...
Sure
Tombraider95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-19, 14:35   #19
charmedangelin

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulojr_mam View Post
Just looking at the other posts I don't think they will either. Which is very heart breaking because it would be one of the best games of all time. A true remake of the classic Core games with HD music? My god they would be amazing.
charmedangelin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-19, 14:39   #20
Athukraz

Right... in your next life.
Athukraz is online now   Reply With Quote