Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Franchise > Future of Tomb Raider

Old 19-11-19, 14:46   #21
cephasjames

No, because while the reboot origin trilogy is over (not the reboot itself as the OP stated), reboot TR is not. They will continue to this version of TR until its no longer deemed successful in their eyes. And those who are in charge of deciding how much classic TR eeks into reboot TR, seemingly, would rather focus on the current iteration rather than the past. So, will Crystal make a classic TR remake? No.
cephasjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-19, 14:52   #22
Vaskito

Quote:
Originally Posted by cephasjames View Post
No, because while the reboot origin trilogy is over (not the reboot itself as the OP stated), reboot TR is not. They will continue to this version of TR until its no longer deemed successful in their eyes. And those who are in charge of deciding how much classic TR eeks into reboot TR, seemingly, would rather focus on the current iteration rather than the past. So, will Crystal make a classic TR remake? No.
This, pretty much. The door is open to some reimagining/reinterpretation though, like they did with TRA
Vaskito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-19, 14:57   #23
Reggie

Crystal are stuck in 2006 where the classics are concerned. Classics to them = toxic and will throw up AoD and the need for 'relatability' and 'ice queen' as excuses to pretend TR1-6 didn't happen. Also because they have a weird thing about Core Design and doing anything which might cast them in a good light. Even Tomb Raider Anniversary was done through gritted teeth with a commentary version which dragged the original 1996 TR.

If Eidos Montreal was given 100% control then that might be different.
Reggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-19, 15:11   #24
TrustyBow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerie View Post
If crystal reads all yours answers they'll probably shy away from doing a remake anyway. If the old TR fans won't buy it what's the reason to make one...
That's exactly why I don't think they should do it. If the fans aren't even going to get behind it, what's the point?
TrustyBow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-19, 15:12   #25
ZIP!2009

I haven’t read through people’s thoughts in this thread, but I was thinking about this the other day myself

And I got stuck on the thought of HOW HOW HOW do they make dinosaurs fit within the re-imagined universe? Because it’s not like they can take those parts out of the story? Or can they?

How would a dinosaur exist in modern day story telling and fit with the survival gene that tomb raider has been since 2013?

And then I thought why don’t they do a game before Lara in Atlantis?

TR5 had loads of flashbacks and introduced Von Croy? ... why don’t they go back and recreate that instead of TR1
ZIP!2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-19, 15:20   #26
charmedangelin

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrustyBow View Post
That's exactly why I don't think they should do it. If the fans aren't even going to get behind it, what's the point?
It's the rebooters who are downplaying the classics. They didn't want her to return and they are sabotaging all efforts to make sure that doesn't happen.

God what happened to this forum? One day we went from demanding more from them regarding classic and respect for Tomb Raider, now we are trashing it and doing everything we can to get rid of classic.

Riddiculess
charmedangelin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-19, 15:21   #27
TrustyBow

Quote:
Originally Posted by charmedangelin View Post
It's the rebooters who are downplaying the classics. They didn't want her to return and they are sabotaging all efforts to make sure that doesn't happen.

God what happened to this forum? One day we went from demanding more from them regarding classic and respect for Tomb Raider, now we are trashing it and doing everything we can to get rid of classic.

Riddiculess
Sure
TrustyBow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-19, 15:56   #28
charmedangelin

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrustyBow View Post
Sure
Look who is posting, only ones saying they don't want it and that it will never work is the rebooters.
charmedangelin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-19, 16:04   #29
larafan25

It is sad. But this forum doesn't represent everyone everywhere.

There are plenty of people who would play a remastering of an original Tomb Raider game. It's a type of game that is long missing from the market, and there really hasn't been anything quite like it since.
larafan25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-19, 16:10   #30
Daft Raider
Inactive

I would love a remake in the vein of Crash and Spyro.

I also wouldn't mind another from the ground up remake, but if it's CD/EM at the helm? Absolutely not. They would just carve it up to fit their nasty reboot and we don't need them tarnishing the classics any further than they have already.
Daft Raider is offline   Reply With Quote