Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Franchise > Future of Tomb Raider

Old 04-12-19, 19:51   #731
Chamayoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Portugalraider View Post
That I don't agree at all. They have the most consistent controls since TRC, even in they absolutely don't reach the level of the classics in terms of precision and consistent. But, still, Lara is much more controllable and less magnetic than she was in LAU, even if she has less moves, and especially in RotTR and SotTR (but in some instances, in TReboot as well), you still have instances where you need to be aware of your distances and correct moments to jump or fall. It doesn't work as the classics, and it still has ways to go to reach that level, but there are moments that still feel like proper challenges, and not just a way to traversing like in LAU (though the end of TRA and TRU do have some nice platforming challenges, though the controls don't do them any favours, especially in TRU case).
Are you sure that "consistent" is the right word ?
I definitly agree that Reboot platforming generally offered more freedom and had better controls, but only when the sections were free from those scripted sequences. I mean, sometimes you could control your jumps, sometimes the game made it for you. Same for the grapple swinging : sometimes you were allowed to adjust your swing and jump when you want (the best way), sometimes Lara would do all by herself like Rise (the worst way). IMO, the consistency is not there yet haha
Chamayoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-19, 20:25   #732
Portugalraider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chamayoo View Post
Are you sure that "consistent" is the right word ?
Compared to LAU, especially TRU? Definitely yes.

But compared to the classics? As I said many times, even on this thread and on my wishlist for TR12, I can more than agree that there is still a way to go.
Portugalraider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-19, 20:37   #733
Chamayoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Portugalraider View Post
Compared to LAU, especially TRU? Definitely yes.

But compared to the classics? As I said many times, even on this thread and on my wishlist for TR12, I can more than agree that there is still a way to go.
I dunno, as LAU had magnetised jumps, it's sure not a good thing but they're always the very same. You mean it's often glitched ? I assume it because you named TRU. I just remember TRA in Egypt she would refuse to jump to a pole but I don't recall more issues than that.

I agree with your last sentense. Just add momentum to jumps and more weight and believability to mid air steering and already it would be wonderful for me !
Chamayoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-19, 23:43   #734
LCTRF

So today something really dumb happened.

I was just looking through artstation when I stumbled across this piece. The artist is "Tyler edlin". I seriously thought it was the military base from the cold war level of TR2 Gold, don't ask me why. For one moment I really thought it was real. The feeling was... beyond words and my heart jumped from the sheer idea of a TR2 remake. Of course the picture has nothing to do with Tomb Raider

The picture looks dope, badass--you name it!

I think my subconsciousness really wants a remake.

Since we're living in the golden age of remakes, I really hope that there is a bright future for Tomb Raider regarding those, since almost no other game had such a big impact on me than this franchise. Of course the game should ditch the old control because even though I like the old games the most, they are simply outdated and not user friendly anymore.

Last edited by tlr online; 05-12-19 at 18:07. Reason: Image removed. See FAQ on posting images.
LCTRF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-19, 17:44   #735
cephasjames

I can see the classics being remastered by CD long before they're remade.
cephasjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-19, 21:31   #736
MelikeLara

I've just started playing the resident evil remake on ps4, and I'm so desperate to play tr 1-8 in modern graphics and gameplay....
MelikeLara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-19, 21:48   #737
cephasjames

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelikeLara View Post
I've just started playing the resident evil remake on ps4, and I'm so desperate to play tr 1-8 in modern graphics and gameplay....
I don't play RE so I don't know. Is that a remake or a remaster?
Old 05-12-19, 23:45   #738
paulojr_mam

Quote:
Originally Posted by cephasjames View Post
I don't play RE so I don't know. Is that a remake or a remaster?
Both, since it is a remaster of a remake.
paulojr_mam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-19, 23:51   #739
cephasjames

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulojr_mam View Post
Both, since it is a remaster of a remake.
Gotcha
Old 06-12-19, 15:34   #740
Aerie

This video explains really good, why games these days are all the same: Why Modern Video Games Suck
It actually is all about money. Square probably doesn't allow CD to make classic-like TR games and TR remakes, because run-of-the-mill games bring more money.

We all blame CD, but maybe they would like to do a different kind of TR game, but aren't allowed to. Who knows...
Aerie is offline   Reply With Quote