Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Franchise > Future of Tomb Raider

Old 02-12-19, 13:15   #51
Tombraider95

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megalith View Post
I love the classics as much as i always did.

But as for Crystal's games:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JYqZkz-I4nE
lmao.

I'll always love the classics/LAU but the series is completely different now so regarding the newer games...no... as I don't class them as "Tomb Raider" games.
Tombraider95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-19, 15:13   #52
jackoimina

Hmm I love the franchise in general but I don't consider it my favorite anymore as I did before. That's unfortunately Uncharted, GoW and TLOU now. Used to be TR first, than GoW, Assassins Creed, Uncharted, TLOU. TR comes no4 now and AC is out completely haha
jackoimina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-19, 01:11   #53
Retr0

I can't put a finger on it, but there's something stopping me from feeling the same way about Tomb Raider as I used to. I still love it with all of my heart, but it's not the same as the classic days and it almost feels like...I don't know. I don't really know how to word it. I loved the movie with Alicia Vikander, I loved the reboot and Rise of the Tomb Raider. Shadow of the Tomb Raider was disappointing and honestly, couldn't really stand it. Tomb Raider just feels like a completely different franchise now.

I'm curious to see what direction they go in with the next game, if there will even be another game coming up.
Retr0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-19, 00:06   #54
cephasjames

The Tomb Raider franchise is one of a very few franchises where I have bought every game and plan to continue doing so as long as they're made. Do I love Tomb Raider like I did when I first started playing Tomb Raider games? No, because I'm not the same person I was back in 1996. I've grown and changed and evolved, as has the Tomb Raider franchise. It would be odd to me to still love something the same as I did 20+ years ago.
cephasjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-19, 02:58   #55
LaraCablara

Yes I am glad it is still relevant and part of my life. It could have easily went the way of franchises like Silent hill and Spyro/Crash (before the remakes) but here we are today, movies and comics and all!
LaraCablara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-19, 03:05   #56
redfox45

No...

For me the big turning point was seeing the "it felt like robbery" article. Though I still enjoy playing 1, 2 and 3 there is no real love there anymore.

Tomb Raider was lucky to get a successful revival after Underworld, that should have been Laras swan song, but you can only reboot a franchise once it starts dying so many times before people stop caring.
I dont have very high hopes for Tomb Raiders future. Other than something REALLY drastic like another reboot with Laura Cruz to grab peoples interest I dont think people who still love TR have much to look forward to...
redfox45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-19, 09:22   #57
thabani33

No I do not, unfortunately.

I will though if the franchise decides to go back to its roots in some form or another.
thabani33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-19, 12:57   #58
Aerie

No.

Whenever I think of TR/Lara Croft I feel kind of sad.

Lara vanished 1999 in the Pyramid in Last Revelation, and was never seen since then.
(I know that she came back in AOD, but since the triology was never finished it doesn't feel real...) And whatever came after that wasn't really TR/Lara Croft. (Eventhough LAU was a far better Triology than the new reboot.)

Last edited by Aerie; 06-12-19 at 13:21.
Aerie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-19, 14:09   #59
ESCachuli

TR1 to AoD, yes. Thats all i can say without being rude.

P. S.: Shadow is fine, but not there yet. I dont picture myself replaying it.
ESCachuli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-19, 19:55   #60
NYCL@R@

I used to love having that excited feeling when a new tomb raider was being revealed and just seeing the first couple shots of the new in game Lara Croft model, just being mesmerized by her beauty, being completely blown away by how far technology and graphics have evolved for the games. The reboot era Did its thing but it wasn’t something that held up to what a lot of games and other companies do today. Capcom, Naughty Dog and other veteran developers out there truly are giving their fan base and new fans some really innovative stuff and being true to their niche for their games. They deliver so much so well and I always feel like the Tomb Raider franchise is always being put on the back burner. Not many really pay attention to the franchise like it did before back in the late 90s not even as much as in the early 2000’s it’s become a risky franchise to take on because it’s not as popular as it once was.
NYCL@R@ is offline   Reply With Quote