Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider The Last Revelation

Old 05-08-20, 20:24   #11
LateRaider
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by TombHackR View Post
That aside… we already know that the gold levels won’t run on PlayStation hardware, without cutting content like in Unfinished Business or using the really advanced workaround methods in the Golden Mask port. We don’t know yet about the Lost Artefact. If they knew the levels were going to be released on the PlayStation before they were designed, then maybe that would not be an issue.
there was a TR:UB port made and full functional that cuts out 0 content. i think TLA is feasible at this point
LateRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-20, 03:00   #12
laracroftswest

Yeah, I don't see how it couldn't work. Does someone have a link to PSX TRUB in its best form?

@TheBlueFox nice work btw
laracroftswest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-20, 06:44   #13
TombHackR
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by LateRaider View Post
there was a TR:UB port made and full functional that cuts out 0 content. i think TLA is feasible at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathanrij View Post
Current status
Finished, but with PS1 engine constraints taken into account. Due to memory limits, all mutants in the Egypt levels have been replaced with panthers. This is to ensure smooth, uninterrupted gameplay without compromising the level experience too much.
Unless this is information outdated - which it might be, or there is more than one port (like with Golden Mask), then there was cut content.
TombHackR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-20, 06:52   #14
TR1249

Quote:
Originally Posted by b122251 View Post

So I finished my conversion of Unfinished Business. This means all four levels, and modified binaries in the following formats: UK (PAL), German (PAL), French (PAL), US (NTSC-US) and Japanese (NTSC-J). When making this version my goal was to make it look, sound and play as much as TR1 on the PS1 as possible. To come as close as I could to this goal, most of the textures and all the audio samples were ripped from the PS1 version of TR1, so they would look and sound identical to how they did in TR1. Also I added the controller item into the inventory (because it just doesn't feel the same without it). I managed to keep all the levels and all items and enemies intact (like when I did Golden Mask). Also, I used the same save crystal placement as the Gh0stblade version, and I added most of Sardoc's music triggers, but with some changes where I saw fit.
However, I'm not releasing it as a download just yet, because I've got something rather special planned for this game.
He got them all working
https://www.tombraiderforums.com/sho...&postcount=652
TR1249 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-20, 10:31   #15
TombHackR
Golden

Ah! I didn’t realise b122251 ported Unfinished Business as well. I’ve only read the thread about Golden Mask and I was very impressed with how efficiently the floor and mesh data was stored to make the game run smoothly on the PlayStation.
Old 06-08-20, 19:57   #16
LateRaider
Inactive

yeah, the "something special" is there are going to be TR:UB PS1 physical reproduction discs but due to COVID19 it's all been delayed
Old 07-08-20, 06:09   #17
TombHackR
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by LateRaider View Post
yeah, the "something special" is there are going to be TR:UB PS1 physical reproduction discs but due to COVID19 it's all been delayed
You can’t produce a PlayStation disc, nobody can or has done. Unless you go through Sony, which we can’t because this port is unofficial.
Old 07-08-20, 08:26   #18
TheBlueFox

If anyone has something to add regarding the Times Exclusive on the PS1 feel free to express yourself, I will listen.
This is a port project and I would be happy to know what you think about it.
TheBlueFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-20, 21:14   #19
SrDanielPonces

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix Kroft View Post
It wouldn't be a problem to release TR1-3 GOLD + Times Exclusive for PSX as a bundle / pack, on one cd, not in parts, that would make more sense, and that might have work back then.

Sort of like special edition re-releases [Wipeout 3, or Mortal Kombat Trilogy, or Resident Evil Director's Cut for example]
I doubt a cd has enough space for such content
SrDanielPonces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-20, 03:39   #20
LateRaider
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by TombHackR View Post
You can’t produce a PlayStation disc, nobody can or has done. Unless you go through Sony, which we can’t because this port is unofficial.
its just TRUB PS1 burned to a CD with a label on it. you need a softmodded PS1/PS2 to play it